“Not a waste of time but could be a lot better for what you pay....”
Review of Your Thai Guide

and up
Private Guided Day Tour: Bangkok and Beyond
Ranked #9 of 226 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Let Your Thai Guide be your tour guide in and around Bangkok, showing you the sights, smells and sounds of the city. There are so many things to do, but using your own private guide it is possible to see and learn more in less time. We will work with you and your group to provide a list of destinations which suit your interests, giving you a unique tour of Bangkok and other local attractions which can be visited on a day tour from Bangkok.
Auckland, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not a waste of time but could be a lot better for what you pay....”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I wanted to have Natt as our guide from all the great reviews but because of short notice ended up with Joker who is a nice guy but for an overall impression we felt a bit let down after the day ended.

Good: - Pleasant guy
- Helped us with taking good photos and took photos on his own and sent after via email
- Does know his facts at the end of the day
- Punctual
- Polite and helped other tourists who had random questions along the way.,

Bad: - No fun or humor in the day
- Wasn't innovative or creative on what to do or to take us when we wanted his advise. Seemed like we had to come up with everything.
- Didn't check to see if we needed to get some breakfast at our 8 am arranged meet and when we asked for food he forgot until after a couple hr walk through a temple. ( I'm hypoglycemic and don't feel good if I don't get a chance to eat so wasn't very fun )
- Not very great English for a tour guide, making entire day a struggle to ensure we fully understood through his accent.
- Felt like it was much of a history lesson visiting temples rather than cool and interesting facts!
- Didn't appreciate having to pay for his food when we said we needed to eat. He ordered and we had to pay??? ( not too sure if this is in the fine details though we did know we would have to pay for the transport costs)
- Felt like we were pushed for a very pricey boat ride behind our backs ( 1000bacht each was way out of our budget and we never mentioned anything that expensive! We had to double check after he quickly mentioned it and had to deny that we wanted to spend that money! Awkward )

1 Thank Hannah W
YourThaiGuide, Owner at Your Thai Guide, responded to this review, October 26, 2015
Thank you very much for the review, when we get reviews like this we can improve our business and our guides get better. We have discussed this review at length during our latest Guide meeting and it really helped to improve our service, I'm sorry it was not able to help you.

To address Hannah’s bad points:

1. Please read other clients reviews of Joke and his humour, we're not sure if Guide Joke was having an off day but this does not sound like him.

2. The client is in control of the day, we make suggestions and you are in control of the choices. We don't take people where they don't want to visit, so yes you have to approve everything.

3. We're sorry Guide Joke missed your request for food or did not act on it fast enough. This tour is your own and you are in control, we urge all our clients to make sure they are very clear with their guides. Maybe if you had repeated the importance of eating to Guide Joke it could have been avoided, as Thais love to eat!

4. Please read other reviews about Guide Joke and his English skills, again this does not sound like him. Maybe he was having trouble with your New Zealand accent?

5. If as a client you do not want so much history in their tours, please speak up. Guides cannot read minds and every client is different, some want a lot of detail, others want the broad strokes and some more laughs. You're in control.

6. It is outlined in a email discussions before each tour that client is responsible for the guides travel costs and meals while together.

7. We're confused by this statement, 'pushed behind your backs'. He asked you if you'd like to do the boat tour and told you the price. You didn't want to do it, so you didn't do it. What was forced on you exactly? We don't see it as 'awkward' at all, it is your tour and if you don't want to do something that is your choice.

Again, thank you, your comments have made a difference to our business, and has given our guides more insight into the minds of our clients.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best tour guide service in Thailand”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 days with Natt touring in and around Bangkok in Feb. I can not say enough good things about the service that she provides and the person she is. Not only did we leave Thailand with a better understanding of the culture and customs but left having made a very dear friend that we hope to visit again in the next few years. I'm alway amused at those that think a $20 guide book is all that they need and don't make an investment in a guide after spending thousands of dollars on a trip. I travel a lot, I'm on a plane right now writing this, one thing I can guarantee you is you will not find a better guide in Thailand than Natt. This will be the smartest money that you spend on your vacation. I only wish I could give her a 6 star recommendation instead of 5.

Visited February 2013
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome, well organized, friendly guides!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Thank you TripAdvisors! You never have lead me astray and "YourThaiGuide" is no exception. I did most of my booking through Natt. She responded to emails very quickly and has exceptional English. She was very organized and detail oriented (which I appreciate A LOT). When she was not able to be our guide on the 2nd day of our tour, she offered to find us another guide. Since I wanted to just work with one company/guide, I trusted Natt's ability to find us another guide and setup our airport transfers.

When we got to Bangkok, everything went as smoothly as possible. Natt and the driver picked us up on time and took us right away on tour of all the major palaces in Bangkok that we requested (Grand Palace, Wat Po, Wat Arun). She spoke amazing English (maybe it helps that her husband is Australian :)) and knows Bangkok really well. She gave us the perfect blend of giving us time to take pictures while giving us great information on all the places we visited. I was traveling with my in-laws who are older and move slow and Natt was very accommodating to their needs on the fly. It was super hot so she helped us find water, umbrellas, and restrooms anywhere we were. I really appreciated that and all her tour cost estimates where right on or under the estimated costs. Even her traffic estimates were right on (or under the time expected) which I love cause I think I am very efficient and a well planned person.

After a great day with Natt, I was wondering how our next day's tour guide would be as we had a long day planned out (starting at 4:30am to head to tiger temple & do some elephant riding). We ended up having an even more wonderful experience with Sakchai! His English may not have been as good as Natt's (which was really good) but it was definitely very good and we understood everything he said. Him and our driver were there right on time at 4:30am and was ready to go with water, etc. He is an amazing story teller and gave us great insight to Thailand with his stories and personal experiences that had us laughing the whole time. Sakchai is a riot! He was perfect to tour with to Tiger Temple & doing Elephant riding! He's like the Thai Steve Irwin. The animals at both places know him and recognize him as they walk right up to him and ask for food (cause he always brings food for them). He brought corn for the deer there which he gladly gave to us to let us feed them. And when we went to do elephant riding, he had us stop by somewhere to get a huge bag of bananas (for only 20 baht) so we could feed some monkeys that knew him too on the way to elephant riding. And when we got to elephant riding, we were the only tour group that had bananas to feed the elephants which definitely added to a great experience with the elephants. He also had videos of elephant bathing on his phone to put some of my family's minds at ease about what bathing with elephants would be like. On the way home, he brought some visual aides to help us put names to faces as he explained the important story of the Royal family Thailand which just made the storytelling even more effective.

Natt & Sakchai, you were both wonderful and helped make us enjoy Thailand so much that I'd like to come back (minus the crazy traffic lol). Thank you so much for all your recommendations for food/shows they were great! You can't go wrong with Your Thai Guide! If you go to Tiger Temple/Elephant Riding, you have to ask for Sakchai! He's hilarious!

1 Thank huaboi
Wellington, New Zealand
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A good few hours with Joker”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Unfortunately, our flight was moved forward several hours on our last day in Bangkok, so we didn't get to spend as long with Joker as we thought we would. We did have a good few hours, though, and he seemed genuinely interested in us and in making our trip an enjoyable one. I liked the 'quiz' in the car - I still have my elephant keyring :) We went through Chinatown which was interesting and to the Snake Farm which was well worth a visit - he obviously didn't tell us much about the snakes (everything was labelled anyway!) but I doubt we could have found it on our own. Would recommend to anyone else visiting Bangkok for the day :)

Brentwood
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Charlie Rocks”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had been to Thailand over 5 times, this trip made my 6th trip, so my partner and I decided to take in the culture and we are very glad we did! We had to call to Primm and Natt to set up tour after confusion about our dates and luckily they were able to find Charlie on short notice! Thank goodness for the mix up because it worked out in our favor. Charlie was the best tour guide I've ever had, he made sure we took in every aspect of the Thai culture! First he started the day off by making sure we had the right attire for the trip and he gave us very in depth history on each King, each temple, surroundings of each temple! At lunch time he also showed us a place to get some really authentic Thai food! Later in the evening it started to pour down rain, not only did Charlie walk with us in the rain but he also stood in the rain to assist with getting a Taxi! He also aided us in getting on the trains for currency exchanges and the night markets! I would definitely recommend Charlie to others coming to Thailand! Charlie is an ultimate stand up guy!

Visited March 2013