Airy Suvarnabhumi Hotel
$253
$464
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to the airportone nightlat krabanglad krabangroom was cleanfree airport shuttleair confree bottles of watertesco lotuswake up callbkk airportearly flightbasic hotelground floorthe main roadhotel staffbooked this hotel
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Booked through another website, paid $US 18 total for a room that was very clean, quiet, and came with a free shuttle service to-from the airport. (You coordinate the pickup through agents who wait at Door 4 on the 2nd floor of the airport arrivals building. I waited 10 minutes for the van to pick me up after I arrived; no big deal). The hotel is deep off of the main road and would be difficult to find on your own. Check in was a breeze and the staff were very nice. The room, while not spacious, exceeded expectations. We had a very comfortable bed with clean linens and towels, ample hot water, and good & fast wifi. I felt like this was precise the kid of inexpensive hotel transit I wanted. It is not a good choice if you want to go out and explore things on your own, though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014

It's a decent airport hotel if you need to just do an overnight trip. The rooms are nice and it's quiet.

The reason for the average rating is that I had to wait about 20-30 minutes for the airport shuttle to arrive! A little bit annoying that they don't have a set schedule so that I could use that time to go get food, rather than just standing and waiting. The shuttle from the hotel to the airport does have a schedule and left very promptly.

Anyways, it's great value for about $22/night, I can't complain that much. I'd recommend it for a airport overnight.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night due to one flight arriving in the evening and the connection departing in the morning. The shuttle picked us up from the airport (we had informed them what time our flight arrives).

Our room was on the 3rd floor, no lift. But staff was friendly enough to carry 4x 23kg suitcases up in the evening, and even in the morning.. thank god for us.

The rooms were cosy and clean. The shower was really hard to work out, and I ended up using the bide to shower. My mate in the next room figured it out but had some difficulty as well to start with (apparently you had to turn a metal square to get the water on, it had no sign for it). Apart from that everything went well. You get 2 bottles of free sinha drinking water (which I prefer not to drink, but okay for brushing teeth etc). Slight minus for breakfast only being from 7am onwards, as we had to leave 6.30am., and I don't think they do packed breakfasts... As a hotel that is mainly used by people who transit (or at least many transit people use it!!), you would think breakfast would be available earlier.

Shuttle goes to the airport every half past the hour, or for a small fee at any time. Fairly reasonable I say. You need to inform which time you will need it.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for transit, but even for longer stays. They also had bicycles that you could use for free, which might be handy if staying for longer than a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor if you have lots of luggage or difficulty to move! No lift.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank j4mm
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel is perfect for 1 nights rest between flights. Paid £15 for an air conditioned room with airport transfers. Go to gate 4 for the airport shuttle. Nobody tells you this when you book the hotel and they didn't reply to emails asking where and how to pick up the shuttle.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I consider this a utilitarian hotel geared towards easy airport access, and that’s exactly what I needed. It is not walkable to the SkyTrain or much else except a local, outdoor food market on Lat Krabang Road. I had trouble getting a taxi at the Lat Krabang SkyTrain station to take me to Airy Resort; I had to ask four different drivers before I found one who would take me. Be sure you print out the taxi card on the Airy website! If you’re not familiar with Thai satellite TV controls, get them to turn the TV on for you. (I pushed a miscellaneous button on the remote, and that was it for the TV for me.) The shower had a curtain so the rest of the bathroom stayed relatively dry. I had a 7:10 a.m. flight, so I used their wake-up call and airport delivery service, and that was great. Every place I stayed had a combination A & C electrical outlet, so I didn’t need a plug adapter for my U.S. A-type plug. There were mosquitoes, so use your net or DEET because it’s right next to standing water.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo