“Neutral...”

Ranked #712 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Ottawa, Canada
“Neutral...”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food: With our rooms, we were given free breakfasts and lunches. I think that the lunches were provided by the organization I came with however. The breakfasts offered continental foods, and then there was rice and other stir fried foods. This was my first time coming to Bangkok and my stomach was not in the best condition after eating this food. The toast and some fruit was all I could really handle. This might be because of other factors however.

Room: The room was clean with a Western style bathroom. They don't provide conditioner but conditioning shampoo, bubble bath soap and a bar of soap. The room comes with complimentary bottled water as well. The airconditioning was self adjustable I believe. I can't really remember, but I think we did turn it off when we left the room. The halls were not always airconditioned though. Also, if you are sharing a room, there is only one key per room which is unfortunate. The keys are metallic ones not swipe keys.

Location: The location is hard to get to. You must take a taxi to get back and it is really inconvient if you come late at night from the BKK. This hotel is closer to the domestic airport and would probably be better for locals to attend since it is so out of the way. The closest MRT stop is the last one and even that is a 10 minute cab ride away.

Staff: The staff is very friendly and tries to be helpful.

Wi-Fi: You need to pay for it. I think it is 100 Baht for 24 hours. This works in your rooms and anywhere else in the hotel.

Halls: For presentations and so on. Some people had weddings in here. We used the different rooms and they provided lunch, snacks, tea and coffee. It was all very lovely but they blast the airconditioner so much that I caught a cold.

Apparently there is a pool, but I didn't get a chance to see if it was any good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed here for an entire week while attending a teacher's training in May. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms, daily room cleaning, and tub shower. I wouldn't stay here if you are planning on exploring Bangkok each day as it can be a little tricky getting into the city. Taking a cab to the BTS is the most cost effective way to get out and about--and good luck finding a cab driver late at night that knows the location of the Louis Tavern Hotel.

There are several conference rooms at the hotel that are clean and up to date with technology. All of the hotel staff is friendly and speaks enough English to answer any questions you may have. The pool is large and has a decent view as well. While the location of the Louis Tavern isn't ideal, there are several restaurants, 7-11's, and food stalls nearby. I didn't eat any meals other than breakfast at the hotel--but the included breakfast each morning was generous and tasty. There is really something for everyone with fried rice, juice, milk, cereal, meats, fruit, eggs, and vegetarian options. After living in Thailand and staying in various guesthouses I've discovered that Louis Tavern has the best included breakfast in Bangkok!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Jessica D
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed there two nights mid Jan 2012 in two rooms. The rooms and hallways are a bit threadbare in places and in need of a refurb, but basically clean and ok for the most part. Staff were pleasant, helpful and spoke good 'nuff english for us to get by, but then we had two thai speakers in our party. It is true it is way out in the north end of town so don't confuse it with the one at the new airport. Not much to do in the neighborhood--but we took a 20 min cab to Future Park which is a great shopping centre. The best thing about Louis Tavern Don Muang is the breakfast and lunch buffet, both excellent with a good selection and reasonably priced but especially delicious is the yellow chicken curry at lunch. Yummm... Surprisingly, no buffet offered at dinner and the dinner menu is ho hum and no bargain for what it is. As for value, there are better hotel deals in Bangkok and closer to downtown too but it was surprisingly busy. We skipped the karaoke.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tallgoodlooking
Gurgaon
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed here for 6 hours while in transit to catch early morning flight to Delhi. The rooms are big but sleep quality is not too good. There is nothing in terms of entertanment, even the TV in the room plays only the flight timings. The charges for the very basic facility of just the room for 6 hours at THB 3500 or Rs5500/- are far too expensive. I could not sleep for quite some time since the bed was not comfortable and I believe there were mosquitos in the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ansh9899
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Having transited from NY to Tokyo than on to Bankgkok and a layover of 8 hours it was perfect to watch tv, sleep alittle and have some breakfast.

Not lux but more than satisfactory

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JHD1330
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed December 18, 2010

I (must, because there was only this) stayed at the dayroom hotel for only 4 hours to sleep due to waiting for the connecting flight. I had to pay 2400 Baht which means 60 Euro at this time. I thought the money is good invested if I can take a nap and refresh with a shower and airconditioned room.
BUT, although the room was very big, I quickly noticed that the room is not comparable with a Western standard. As I had to be on schedule I first looked for alarm bell, no one was in the room. Secondly I want to adjust the air condition, to cool down the clima a bit, there was no switch. So I took a look into the bathroom, what was the most disappointment. The shower inside (flagging) was moldy and was all other than a invitation to refresh at least here. Despite this nasty environment I took a shower and experienced further a broken sprinkler. Also the water could not be correctly mixed between hot and cold, why I had to shower alternating with hot and cold water (switched the hot water off and had something between hot and cold for a moment).
Furthermore things like a towel holder hung loosen on the wall, the toothpaste was the most awful tasting I ever used, the TV channels were as less as in North Korea. There is a bar available which is included in the price, which I not made use of because my bad mood than. So I can not write about the issue food and drink. But the barkeeper made no motivated impression and so I missed this.

I absolutely disadvise for using this overpriced room if however there is chance to avoid. Better to join the airline lounges or to have a long masage (which was the best experience on Bangkok airport).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ChrisAdvisor
Eureka, California
Reviewed October 30, 2010

just what I needed for my seven hour lay over in the middle of the night. Clean, great service, and nice breakfeast.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo