“A perfect hotel”

Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #156 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 28, 2014

It is very tidy, new and clean.
Staff is very helpful and they speak decent English.
The breakfast buffet is great.They offer a wide variety of food. You can have the Thai breakfast there.
The bed is so comfortable that it is even better than the bed at my home. ( we have travelled to more than 10 countries and we always have poor sleeping quality)
The room is nice and have a good view. They offered a free upgrade to us.
The location is very good, within 5 mins u can walk to terminal 21, and there is convenient store, post office and BTS nearby.

But the swimming pool is too small, we couldn't really swim there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear lausoso,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback at Grand Swiss Hotel.

We are pleased to hear our breakfast was great as our chef works very hard to ensure all items on her buffet line would provide only best quality to guests. We were also happy to know that our comfortable bed made you had a good sleep same as other reviewers.

Thank you again for your feedback. We proud to know that our best location in the beginning of the soi 11, the great service from staff and the new cleaned room with good view, created a wonderful stay for you. We will look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Do yourself a favour and book into this fantastic newly renovated hotel
I loved everything about this hotel, the rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated, the staff were absolutely amazing so friendly and helpful great little pool and gym area
I booked the executive room that has access to the lounge/ bar located on the top floor for complimentary beer and wine and snacks from 5.30pm to 7 pm which i highly recommend doing
The location is great 1 minute to the BTS Nana and really nice restaurants are a tiny walk away in Soi 11
Great shopping is located in each direction just jump on the sky train and its only minutes away
All in all I give it a 10/10

Room Tip: Book the executive rooms for club benefits and breakfast included
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear nathanfalla,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review with the highest rating on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to know that you found our executive room with 180° club lounge on the top floor was highly recommended. All executive room reservation will be located on the higher floors which offers additional club lounge benefits, all-day coffee and tea with refreshments, and complimentary evening wine and local beers. We are glad you loved everything in Grand Swiss Hotel. The beautiful decoration, the greatest service and the best location are our aim to create memorable experience to guests.

Thank you again for sharing your perfect stayed with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Having been to BKK many times before my wife & I decided to try out a new place instead of our regulars. However we prefer staying in Soi 11 so we found The Grand Swiss.

The Pros:
- Great location right at the begining of Soi 11 off Shumkumwit
- 3 mins walk to Nana BTS
- Surrounded by restaurants, pubs & shopping
- Friendly staff and helpfull concierges
- Verything is new so the overall feel is excellent
- The rooms are luxurious with all necessary amenities
- The toilets are well appointed

The Cons:
- The access to the hotel is a bit bad due to some construction in the neighbouring property, it gets messy during rains
- The breakfast spread is limited and the service a bit tardy

I would definitely recommend as its definitely value for money !!

1  Thank indrajitkalidasan
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear indrajitkalidasan,

Thank you for your valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are very proud to know that you decided to try Grand Swiss Hotel instead of your regular hotel and it was worth stay. Thank you very much for your constructive review both pros and cons. For the messy of the next building where belongs to the other, we have requested them to keep the area well most of the time and get quite good cooperation. For the breakfast service, we have briefed the team to improve on it.

Once again, your feedback is important to us as our goal is to provide you with excellent service and facilities. We wish you a pleasant journey and look forward to welcoming you back again on the very near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

So, this is not a top-class hotel, but for around USD 50 a night, I thought it was great value. I stayed there for one night before flying down to Phuket because it's located next to my tailor. The staff were quite friendly and nice upon check in and check out. The location itself, in the little Soi 11, is really good. Only a two or three minute walk to Nana BTS, and there's lots of good restaurants and bars in Soi 11 itself. I was impressed with the quality of the room (clean, new and nicely appointed with everything you would expect in a 4 star) and the hotel in general given the price. I had a decent view of the city from the 16th floor, the room was large enough (ok, it's not huge, but c'mon - it's USD 50!!). I have to say that I didn't check out their breakfast, the gym or the pool (I could see the pool from my window, it looks small, but it was outdoors, and given how small the property is, I was impressed they had that). My only complaint was when we got back to the room, I asked for ice for my scotch, and they said they didn't have any because the curfew was on and the restaurant was closed. I asked three times before they said "ok, we get". I guess in a proper hotel, you wouldn't have to ask them so many times for a simple request, but that's a small thing (the lesson is: be nice but persistent!). For one or two nights, if you're only doing shopping/eating for a stopover in Bankgkok, and you won't be in the room much but you want to be in Sukhumvit, this will get the job done and save you money in the process.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Darren K
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Darren K,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.com.

I am pleased to know that you found our hotel was great value, the convenience location and the friendliness of staff. We are also glad to hear you were impressed with the quality of the room. I have shared your feedback to the team member as it is such a reward on their hard works.

I apologized on the delay service for your requested to have an ice during curfew period due to the restaurant was closed. We have trained the staff to ensure the proper handling will be offered.

Thank you for your valued feedback to assist us maintain on the highest standard level. We are looking forward to welcoming you at Grand Swiss in the nearest future.

Noppamasiri Ruanpech

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had booked 2 evenings in a "Premier" room which we booked from looking at the lovely pictures on their website for this room.. Well what can i say ...How misleading they were !!! The room was a Matchbox albeit nicely decorated!! Not the 2 beds with space as they show in the pictures... There was obviously a mess up originally as we called the Hotel to book something else earlier which THEN they proceeded to tell us that the room we originally booked was unavailable (a King Room BTW) to putting us in a room with 2x Single beds !!! If we had not called at that time this would have been the surprise we would have got.. Instead of upgrading us which would be the typical standard that a hotel would do IF they were out of the room class (that we had a CONFIRMED booking for) they clearly actually downgraded us to a smaller room to what is displayed on their website for a Premier room... After explaining that obviously there was no way we would accept 2 x single beds , Miraculously they said ok (after nearly 5 mins of back and forth) they have "found" a room.. It seems that they jammed a Double bed into what is supposed a Single bed room only and flogged it off to us a a "Premier" room...When asked why they didn't have our room that was "confirmed" available they replied that they were very "busy" and that had ran out of rooms... This certainly did not seem the case the next morning at breakfast as there were no more than a dozen tables at breakfast... Once we got into our room our Aircond was not working which we had to get serviced.. Thankfully it was repaired by the time we returned for dinner however the Hot water was inexplicable as the taps would only give boiling hot water or cold water ..There was no regulator so my wife and i endured cold showers for 2 days ... all in all a terrible experience that i would never be back for ... DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES THEY ARE SHOWING ON THEIR WEBSITE ...

2  Thank Jet6767
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear Jet6767,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.com.

It is with my regret to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us. I have investigated with the team member and found that you had called to reserve our transferred pick up from the airport and requested to have a single bed in smoking room. The staff found a single bed was available on the non-smoking floor and a twin beds available on the smoking floor then informed during the telephone conversation that she would try the best to give your requested. When you arrived to the hotel, the same staff was asked for checking in process and she had given you a single bed on smoking floor as requested. The premier with smoking room is located on the lower floor and you were assigned to the room that you reserved. The staff also offered an upgraded room to the higher smoking floor on executive floor but you refused as it was only twin beds available.

I apologized for the air-con issued due to we had reset the system on that time so all guestroom would be able to adjust the temperature by themselves. This process was to ensure that most comfortable and easy system will only provide to our guest. Regarding to the hot water, I did not find this information on our record. Then I had sent the engineering to recheck this room and found the hot water system works well.

Once again, I sincerely apologizes if you found that we could not make your stay an enjoyable as the other reviewers had. I wish if your next visit will return you to Grand Swiss Bangkok, please be my guest and feel free to contact me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com. We believe that your next visit will have the same experience with others.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This Hotel is brand new, nicely decorated and staff are nice & friendly. Location is good. Very near to Nana BTS (walk within 5 mins) and walking distance (bout 10 mins) to Terminal 21. Nearby got 7 eleven convenient store and also a grocery store. Along the walking street there are lots of stalls around..
Rooms are clean and comfortable with full glass from ceiling to floor. Breakfast was good. There are swim pool and roof top bar.
Worth and highly recommended to stay. Family with 2 small kids can take the room with 2 twin bed, just nice.
Thanks to Ms Gift (the Hotel Manager) for giving my son ice-cream to cool him down when he is crying.
Both the Hotel Manager & Guest Service Manager was a nice and friendly lady.
I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Jace_lingling

Dear Jace_lingling,

Thank you for your encouraged review on Trip Advisor.com. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable experience at Grand Swiss Bangkok.

The hotel location is very convenience for all travelers, especially for family traveling with small kids like you. The location is just in the beginning of the soi so it is only few minute walk to Nana BTS station, all convenient store, pharmacy, restaurant, shopping malls, those would definitely make you more convenience. We are very happy to hear your compliment on the breakfast, the room cleanliness, the nice view of high floor to ceiling window. In additional for family stay, we also have an option of connecting rooms.

My personal feel really happy to know that our ice cream could make a kid calm, so we learned from him. I have also shared your compliment to the Guest Service Manager and it brought her with a very big smile. She also passed her regards to you and your small kids.

We all will look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Grand Swiss in the not too far distance.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The Grand Swiss Hotel is brand new, and very nicely decorated and appointed. The staff are all extremely friendly in the best Thai tradition, and go out of their way to make you feel at home. The Executive Lounge is fabulous, with a fantastic view of the Bangkok skyline. The lounge features very nice furniture, attentive and well trained staff, and a very nice private conference room with LED screen and seating for 10 persons.

I highly recommend the Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank timmonsthai
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Timmonsthai,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.com.

It is with my great pleasure to know that you found our hotel are very nice decorated and appointed. Grand Swiss is the new brand hotel which just opened a month ago. We are glad to hear you found our 180⁰executive lounge is provided with a fantastic view of Bangkok skyline.
The executive lounge is a privilege for all guest who stay in executive room where you can enjoy relaxing in the sky lounge atmosphere with the business station for e-mail checking, a meeting room for professional but intimate discussions, and complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the day time in a cushy setting.

Thank you for your praise our staff that they are extremely friendly in the best Thai tradition. I have conveyed your wonderful feedback to the team member. We thank you for your recognition on our hard works to make your stayed an enjoyable experience.

We will look forward to your return visit to Grand Swiss Bangkok soon.