“Really good value hotel considering it only cost around USD 50”

Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #145 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Seoul
“Really good value hotel considering it only cost around USD 50”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

So, this is not a top-class hotel, but for around USD 50 a night, I thought it was great value. I stayed there for one night before flying down to Phuket because it's located next to my tailor. The staff were quite friendly and nice upon check in and check out. The location itself, in the little Soi 11, is really good. Only a two or three minute walk to Nana BTS, and there's lots of good restaurants and bars in Soi 11 itself. I was impressed with the quality of the room (clean, new and nicely appointed with everything you would expect in a 4 star) and the hotel in general given the price. I had a decent view of the city from the 16th floor, the room was large enough (ok, it's not huge, but c'mon - it's USD 50!!). I have to say that I didn't check out their breakfast, the gym or the pool (I could see the pool from my window, it looks small, but it was outdoors, and given how small the property is, I was impressed they had that). My only complaint was when we got back to the room, I asked for ice for my scotch, and they said they didn't have any because the curfew was on and the restaurant was closed. I asked three times before they said "ok, we get". I guess in a proper hotel, you wouldn't have to ask them so many times for a simple request, but that's a small thing (the lesson is: be nice but persistent!). For one or two nights, if you're only doing shopping/eating for a stopover in Bankgkok, and you won't be in the room much but you want to be in Sukhumvit, this will get the job done and save you money in the process.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Darren K
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Darren K,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.com.

I am pleased to know that you found our hotel was great value, the convenience location and the friendliness of staff. We are also glad to hear you were impressed with the quality of the room. I have shared your feedback to the team member as it is such a reward on their hard works.

I apologized on the delay service for your requested to have an ice during curfew period due to the restaurant was closed. We have trained the staff to ensure the proper handling will be offered.

Thank you for your valued feedback to assist us maintain on the highest standard level. We are looking forward to welcoming you at Grand Swiss in the nearest future.

Noppamasiri Ruanpech
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had booked 2 evenings in a "Premier" room which we booked from looking at the lovely pictures on their website for this room.. Well what can i say ...How misleading they were !!! The room was a Matchbox albeit nicely decorated!! Not the 2 beds with space as they show in the pictures... There was obviously a mess up originally as we called the Hotel to book something else earlier which THEN they proceeded to tell us that the room we originally booked was unavailable (a King Room BTW) to putting us in a room with 2x Single beds !!! If we had not called at that time this would have been the surprise we would have got.. Instead of upgrading us which would be the typical standard that a hotel would do IF they were out of the room class (that we had a CONFIRMED booking for) they clearly actually downgraded us to a smaller room to what is displayed on their website for a Premier room... After explaining that obviously there was no way we would accept 2 x single beds , Miraculously they said ok (after nearly 5 mins of back and forth) they have "found" a room.. It seems that they jammed a Double bed into what is supposed a Single bed room only and flogged it off to us a a "Premier" room...When asked why they didn't have our room that was "confirmed" available they replied that they were very "busy" and that had ran out of rooms... This certainly did not seem the case the next morning at breakfast as there were no more than a dozen tables at breakfast... Once we got into our room our Aircond was not working which we had to get serviced.. Thankfully it was repaired by the time we returned for dinner however the Hot water was inexplicable as the taps would only give boiling hot water or cold water ..There was no regulator so my wife and i endured cold showers for 2 days ... all in all a terrible experience that i would never be back for ... DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES THEY ARE SHOWING ON THEIR WEBSITE ...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jet6767
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Jet6767,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.com.

It is with my regret to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us. I have investigated with the team member and found that you had called to reserve our transferred pick up from the airport and requested to have a single bed in smoking room. The staff found a single bed was available on the non-smoking floor and a twin beds available on the smoking floor then informed during the telephone conversation that she would try the best to give your requested. When you arrived to the hotel, the same staff was asked for checking in process and she had given you a single bed on smoking floor as requested. The premier with smoking room is located on the lower floor and you were assigned to the room that you reserved. The staff also offered an upgraded room to the higher smoking floor on executive floor but you refused as it was only twin beds available.

I apologized for the air-con issued due to we had reset the system on that time so all guestroom would be able to adjust the temperature by themselves. This process was to ensure that most comfortable and easy system will only provide to our guest. Regarding to the hot water, I did not find this information on our record. Then I had sent the engineering to recheck this room and found the hot water system works well.

Once again, I sincerely apologizes if you found that we could not make your stay an enjoyable as the other reviewers had. I wish if your next visit will return you to Grand Swiss Bangkok, please be my guest and feel free to contact me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com. We believe that your next visit will have the same experience with others.

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This Hotel is brand new, nicely decorated and staff are nice & friendly. Location is good. Very near to Nana BTS (walk within 5 mins) and walking distance (bout 10 mins) to Terminal 21. Nearby got 7 eleven convenient store and also a grocery store. Along the walking street there are lots of stalls around..
Rooms are clean and comfortable with full glass from ceiling to floor. Breakfast was good. There are swim pool and roof top bar.
Worth and highly recommended to stay. Family with 2 small kids can take the room with 2 twin bed, just nice.
Thanks to Ms Gift (the Hotel Manager) for giving my son ice-cream to cool him down when he is crying.
Both the Hotel Manager & Guest Service Manager was a nice and friendly lady.
I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Jace_lingling
Dear Jace_lingling,

Thank you for your encouraged review on Trip Advisor.com. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable experience at Grand Swiss Bangkok.

The hotel location is very convenience for all travelers, especially for family traveling with small kids like you. The location is just in the beginning of the soi so it is only few minute walk to Nana BTS station, all convenient store, pharmacy, restaurant, shopping malls, those would definitely make you more convenience. We are very happy to hear your compliment on the breakfast, the room cleanliness, the nice view of high floor to ceiling window. In additional for family stay, we also have an option of connecting rooms.

My personal feel really happy to know that our ice cream could make a kid calm, so we learned from him. I have also shared your compliment to the Guest Service Manager and it brought her with a very big smile. She also passed her regards to you and your small kids.

We all will look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Grand Swiss in the not too far distance.

Jomtien Beach, Thailand
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The Grand Swiss Hotel is brand new, and very nicely decorated and appointed. The staff are all extremely friendly in the best Thai tradition, and go out of their way to make you feel at home. The Executive Lounge is fabulous, with a fantastic view of the Bangkok skyline. The lounge features very nice furniture, attentive and well trained staff, and a very nice private conference room with LED screen and seating for 10 persons.

I highly recommend the Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank timmonsthai
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Timmonsthai,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.com.

It is with my great pleasure to know that you found our hotel are very nice decorated and appointed. Grand Swiss is the new brand hotel which just opened a month ago. We are glad to hear you found our 180⁰executive lounge is provided with a fantastic view of Bangkok skyline.
The executive lounge is a privilege for all guest who stay in executive room where you can enjoy relaxing in the sky lounge atmosphere with the business station for e-mail checking, a meeting room for professional but intimate discussions, and complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the day time in a cushy setting.

Thank you for your praise our staff that they are extremely friendly in the best Thai tradition. I have conveyed your wonderful feedback to the team member. We thank you for your recognition on our hard works to make your stayed an enjoyable experience.

We will look forward to your return visit to Grand Swiss Bangkok soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and found superb.
Service excellent
Staff hospitality amazing
Breakfast just like home
MS. Gift hotel manager and there team members are really really cooperative with there guests.
Hopefully soon visit again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rehan H
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Rehan H,

Thank you very much for the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.com.

It is always with our great pleasure to ensure that your experience with us were enjoyable.
We are very proud that we can be a representative of our warm Thai hospitality, especially to our guest. We are thoroughly happy to know that you found our service delivery by our staffs were excellent. It is also great to hear you enjoyed our breakfast.

Thank you for your recognition on my team and myself. We are always visible for all guests to ensure that their stay are an enjoyable.

Please feel free to contact me for your next return visit. We all at Grand Swiss are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed for one night in this hotel and it was an exceptional experience. We were referred to this hotel by a friend and he did not disappoint us. Firstly, the location was exceptional. It is located in a small and quite alley but right in the centre of Soi 11 Sukhumvit where all the tourist amenities are within walking distance. Just 5 minutes walk and you're at Nana Station Sky train. The room was exceptionally clean and fresh. The bed were comfortable, I especially like the pillows. The design of the room was modern and they cleverly tucked everything in the right places which make the room feel roomier. I especially like the glass window that run from the ceiling right down to the floor of the room, which give it a more spacious feel. Service was also excellent, as a guess, we were difficult and demanding, but we called reception and they immediately brought up a pin so my friend can change the SIM card. We asked for a scissor and again, they brought it to the room in 1 minute. After breakfast, we asked that we can finish our breakfast in the pool area. They immediately agreed and brought our coffee to the pool for us. So we had a great time at this hotel. Staff were well trained and attentive. We will certainly come back to this hotel and will recommend our friends to this hotel....For the cheap price that we paid, the hotel absolutely worth every cents..!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Cuong123
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Cuong123,

Thank you very much for your encouraging review to us on Trip Advisor.com.

It is with my pleasure to hear you found our location was an exceptional location same as many reviewers feedback. Sukhumvit soi 11 is a well- known soi for all traveler. It is in a very convenience and central for all entertainments, restaurants and shopping malls.

Thank you for your compliments on the cleanliness of room, the comfortable of bed and pillows. We try very hard to ensure that every single product selected are in a high standard and most comfortable to our guests. I am glad you were enjoying with our modern-Thai room designed, especially with our unique room high floor ceiling to window.

We are very glad that we could make your one night stay with us an enjoyable experience. Your wonderful review mentioned on the services delivery by our staff leaves us such a huge motivation and it is a big reward to our team member. It is very glad to know that our hard works are always recognition. We will ensure that our guest will leave Grand Swiss with an exceptional experience same as you.

We will look forward to welcoming you back at Grand Swiss Bangkok very soon.

Sydney
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Grand Swiss is just a few minutes walk from Nana BTS steps on Soi 11...it is 100 meters on the right hand side located down the first side soi you hit.The hotel is less than 2 months old now and it goes without saying that the rooms and hotel facilities are spotlessly clean and fresh.I also found the hotel to be very quiet with no complaints about noise.All the hotel staff are female and can not help you enough with special thanks to everyone regarding the concierge girls the desk girls and the two girls in the 180 club lounge who were very professional and whose service with a smile was exceptional.There are plenty of bars and restaurants also on soi 11 with a thai garden restaurant directly over the road from here.Book direct with the hotel for best rates at the moment.I am not attached in any way to this hotel by the way.Jed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors at the back are best!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank SydneyJed
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear SydneyJed,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Grand Swiss Hotel. I am delighted you had a great time with us.

Grand Swiss is just at the beginning of Sukhumvit Soi 11, and just steps away from Nana BTS station. This is one of Bangkok's most popular and vibrant entertainment scenes and near the Terminal 21 shopping center. The hotel just newly opened on May 1st, 2014. We are glad you found our hotel room and facilities are spotless clean and fresh. I have shared your comment to my entire team, from the concierge girls, the front desk girls, especially to Ms. May and Ms. Mai who work at 180⁰ sky lounge, it brought them even a bigger smile.

Once again, nothing to gratify us more than to know that the services from our team member are thoroughly appreciated. Thank you for your recognition on our hard work to ensure that our guests will leave with a memorable experience.

We are looking forward to providing you with the best service at Grand Swiss Hotel in the nearest future. Please do not hesitate to contact me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com.