“A pure Joke....”
Review of Silom Serene

Silom Serene
Ranked #265 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at their sister Hotel in Hua Hin and that was really great. Thought it will be the same in BKK...I follow their advise and end up in a dump Hotel!!!!!!!

Room are very large but sooo ugly, old and dirty. You do feel like it is always humid also.

I felt i was staying in a hotel where Tourist get trapped and ripped off. It was clear that no one has paid the same rate.

The Manager tried to make us pay 1500 Bhat (50$) to go to airport when it cost only 10$!!!!!when we ask her to book us a Taxi upon check in for our check out.

On the morning we nicely ask Mr Water the Belle Boy to book us 2 x taxi meter as we were 9 (Family) He came back to me saying that we will have to wait 30mn. I found it strange and ask why - then I got it!!!!!! He was trying to get us 2 x Private Taxi at 1500$ Bhat again and when I insisted to get a meter Taxi.....he just refused.

I am sorry and it does make me feel bad. But there are nothing good about this Hotel at all.....

Would I stay there again - Of course NOT.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank soapopera
There are newer reviews for Silom Serene

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at this city center hotel for 2 nights.My room on the second floor was spacious and clean,Plenty of nice fluffy towels and a bathrobe.For a central city Hotel just off the Busy Silom road I slept very well undisturbed in a very comfortable bed.The bathroom had Tub plus shower and the usual accessories.Plenty of tea and coffee for that early morning cuppa..The breakfast buffet was excellent and a choice of how you want your eggs done.It also has a small pool and relax area at the back of the hotel which i enjoyed once i got back from the hot busy streets,A nice place to relax with very attentive staff.The price was right for me and I was happy to have chosen this Hotel.The wi fi was free in the restaurant and public areas only I really think all Hotels should offer free Wi Fi nowadays.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor city view room,But was good for me and I slept very well .i like to wake t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Small size hotel which is ideally loacated to visit the Silom area and which is approx 10 min from the Sala Daeng BTS station. Breakfast is sufficient, having enough choice. We dined also regularly in the resto and did never need to complain. Globally the price/quality for this hotel is more than above average

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Silom Serene for 3 nights in April. The location was great - no problem getting to the sky train. Every time we needed a taxi, one was available in minutes. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast which included both a variety of Thai and Western foods. We could build our own omelette. Wi-fi was available. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioning worked great, too. There was a small fitness center and a pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We went on a 12 hour day trip our last day and our luggage was kept for us and we could shower before heading off to the airport. Considering we bathed elephants this was much appreciated. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2012

A really nice smallish hotel in a central location, in Silom and just a couple of minutes walking distances from Patpong (but as its in a side road, its quiet). The rooms are big and clean, nothing special but with everything you need, and really good value for money. Also, considering the very central location, very quiet. In the courtyard, a lovely garden and small pool. Breakfast is good, a nice buffet, with an indoor eating room and a nice patio in the garden. I had dinner in the restaurant, and really enjoyed it - authentic and very tasty and spicy thai food.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nathalieyes
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Made a reservation for my final night in Thailand before heading to the airport so was looking for an affordable overnight accommodation with a pool, and proximity to the BTS. Was pleased to find the Silom Serene which provided everything I needed and in an area I know well. Short walk to Sala Daeng for the BTS and the pool, although not huge was unoccupied in the morning, so fine for me.

The room was enormous, well appointed and clean. Even with a vast array of choice in this area of Silom, the Serene was good value, staff were pleasant enough and I'd probably re-visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Silom serene is at the heart of Silom road. It's very neat, clean and the price is very reasonable. It's a walking distance from the sky-train which is a very big +, PatPong night market is also near.
The breakfast served was very good with both local and western choice of food. The staff were very friendly and very professional. We'd definitely go there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple