“Maverick put a smile on my face”
Review of Le Maverick Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Le Maverick Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Modern Bistronomy, French & Mediterranean- Extensive Wine Gallery, Wine by Glass - Open Kitchen, Chef Table, degustation and discovery menus - Opening Hours: 17.30 to 23.00, Monday to Saturday. Closed on Sunday.
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was looking for a nice restaurant to bring my wife for a cosy dinner and the concept sounded really good.
I am quite particular with food and I was worried it would not live to my expectations but from the first minute to the last we felt welcome, well advised in our choices and very happy with the dishes.
The staff there did a fantastic job and the restaurant itself looks really nice and well kept.

Of course such things come at a price but the range in the menu allows for not too steep bills. You don't always get what you pay for in restaurants but our evening was worth every baht.

We left with a satisfied belly and a smile on our faces and will definitely be back!

1  Thank JuMi555

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We ate here for the first time and I will definitely be back. The restaurant is contemporary and smar with a lovely ambiance. The service is very attentive but not over the top. In my opinion the staff have been well trained as they knew who in our group had ordered which dish and the food was served in courses, which is unusual in Asia as food tends to arrive at different times, sometimes the main before the starter but maverick have this sorted. The food arrived and it was beautifully presented and tastes fantastic. A telltale sign that it is good it was very busy on a Tuesday lunchtime unlike many other restaurants you may visit in Bangkok. It's a must try!

1  Thank Patten-Mills
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had dinner in this restaurant, not our first time, although it will be the last. Since our last time (two months ago), the menu had changed and prices went up and selection of food got limited especially for main courses, not to mention the step prices for these dishes, especially the steaks. Once again their tapas selection is strange and not well thought. If they want to offer Spanish or Basque tapas, they should get a proper chef from the Spanish Basque country.

We order the squid dish for starter and it was so hard that only the sauce saved the dish. Then for main we ordered the cod fish with a risotto that has the rice under cooked and the duck leg. My partner told me the smell of the duck was not right, but we thought it may be due to the cooking. Well she ate it and then back home and during the night she had stomach pain and had to go to toilet few times. Well, it was rather obvious that the duck wasn´t in proper condition and this is a shame for a place like that. It seems that they may serve anything they may have without checking if it is still in good condition. We will obviously never be back.

1  Thank Prayanak
eric2328, Owner at Le Maverick Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Khun Prayanak,
First of all, we are extremely sorry and shocked about such fact and would like to express our sincere apologies to your partner. Second, we would of course like to thank you both for being a regular guest at Maverick and for the prompt review.
We are in the business of making people happy and taking care of our guests, so this is the worst thing that could happen to us. We only use high quality products and take very much care of our supply chain, that’s why we directly investigated upon your complain. The ingredients were delivered fresh friday morning, day we reopened after our Songkran holliday, thus the food chain was without doubt perfect for all dishes selected by you that evening; we served a total of 9 of the same dish that evening. No other guests, many of them regulars, made any complain, we had only positive feedbacks. Having said this, whatever the source of your partner’s feeling in the night after the dinner was, your disappontment seemed to have been global : dishes fares, nature of the tapas menu, thus the only way to waive such a negative experience is to replace it by a wonderful Dinner for the 2 of You, that we are glad to propose, with a Chef Menu and a direct interaction where Chef Jerome Lagarde and I will be very pleased to present and comment our Basque and French fine Dining Modern Eatery concept.
Our Executive Chef As you already knew is indeed a Basque Native, and Basque People always define themselves Basque before to mention if they are from France or Spain that they never considered their true identity. Moreover, although not a Chef, but foodie and cookbooks collector, I'm also very involved in our culinary choices and currently on a trip in Barcelona, Spain, tasting many tapas and other local dishes to make sure we never betray our Guests with our offerings.So far, after a complete Week, I can tell our Paellas and Tapas are positionned on the upper end of the tapas range, without reaching the level of perfection of 'Tickets' from Albert Adria but fairly good, more sophisticated and cheaper than most of what I got in Catalunya.
I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and share your own spanish experience and ours while enjoying this wonderful Chef Dinner in our company, and Kindly inviting you to provide us your contact details,

Kind regards
Eric Paul Co-founder

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Having visited some over 100 restaurants in Bangkok, I have to say Maverick beats them all. The food, atmosphere, design ... everything just works.

I have already visited this restaurant few times and it just keeps getting better and better - new items on the menu and new dinner area by the open kitchen is really nice addition just to mention couple of things.

I would actually extend my gratitude beyond Bangkok. I cannot think of other restaurant right now I would like to visit soon again as much as Maverick.

1  Thank WorldJ
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I'm leaving in Bangkok so I go out for dinner quite often, for both business and pleasure. The question is that at the end I finish to go always in the same place because most of the time that I try a new place is not a good experience.
I'm quite happy to say that this time is exactly the opposite: a great experience.
The Manager Bruno did a very good job to teach the staff to be polite but not " too much polite" same same it happen, many time, in many restaurant in Bangkok, where you feel the oppression of the staff watching you all the time and, as soon as you drink your glass of water, fill in again in less than one second.
Maybe you don't mind about this, in any case the food is superb and the list of wines excellent too, with many good and known wines at the right price.
Frankly speaking many restaurant in Bangkok have some wines in the list that you can find only in the Italian suburb of some cheap supermarket, but here they sell like "nectar of the gods".
Nice atmosphere, the right light, the right temperature ( quite often we frozen in some restaurant because the air condition is too strong???) nice music, .....
The price is also not too expensive for what they offer too.
In one word Bravo!!!