“Looking for a place to have a drink? run away”
Review of Peachy Guesthouse

Peachy Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Peachy Guesthouse
Ranked #688 of 1,189 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Paris, France
“Looking for a place to have a drink? run away”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped here to have a drink because the bar looked nice. We order cocktails : 2 Mai Tai, one Singapour Sling and one Mojito. They were awful. It didn't taste good and two of us felt pain in the stomach a few minutes after the drink....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank oppo2lu

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Beijing
Reviewed January 22, 2013

It's quiet and friendly enough, just don't slam the doors. Rooms are kinda quiet but don't have power points. More money for beer, most tenants are party animals so 24 hour access. Stayed there four times and will certainly be back for more!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank John C
Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh, India
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is not for the guesthouse, itself - but there is a travel desk in the Peachy guesthouse and this is where the bus left from. I caught a bus to Siem Reap in Cambodia. During the border crossing I and several other passengers were scammed into losing a significant amount of money. The man who worked for the bus company liaising between the Thai bus and the Cambodian bus deliberately and boldly gave us the wrong information about the currency in Cambodia - advising us to convert to Cambodian money. This is the opposite of the truth because everyone uses dollars. He took us to a cash machine and a money exchange office on the border and oversaw us changing our Baht to the Cambodian currency. A significant percentage was taken in this transaction, probably 25% or 30%. Due to tiredness and confusion, I was easily fooled. The gentleman involved looked respectable and was working with the bus company.

So my advice is, if you go to Cambodia on this bus, the currency to use is dollars. Do not do a currency exchange during the border crossing. If you are being helpfully advised about the currency during this transit, understand that you are probably being scammed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank G_A_Karl

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed there for over a week to save some money. Its a good option to do that. The rooms are cheap, big and clean. The bead is ok and my room cam whit a table and wardrobe. And they have a bunny instead of a cat ;-) On the other hand you have to know that there is not much more: The toilets are often dirty and broken, the staff most of the time in a bad mood and there is a lot of noise form the beer garden at least until 3am. They also removed the power sockets from the rooms: There was one (yes: one) working power socket in a common area (whit one broken chair) on the first floor. Offer all, if your on low budget it is wort a try to get a room here: They are often full and don't take any reservations.

Room Tip: If you can choose, take one as far away from the bar as possible.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tungmar
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed May 16, 2012

It's one of the cheapest guesthouses in Bangkok for backpackers. It's quite popular place - although we were traveling in April which was not a high season, but in the evening guesthouse was full.
It has excellent location and it's dirty cheap even with air conditioner - that's two good things about this place.
Rooms need renovation. There are no sockets in the room so people charge their phones and laptops in the corridor. However even there are less sockets than backpackers, waiting for electricity... I can't understand why they did it this way. Shared bathroom is OK if you're just for one or two nights.
However the scariest thing were huge rats in the inner yard where the bar was located. We had to wait couple of times until they ran away to enter the guesthouse.
Staff at the reception was very helpful - they organized a bus to the airport for us although we asked for it 6 am in the morning. Price was much cheeper than taxi and even cheaper than bus/train.
If you're a backpacker and need a simple cheap overnight stay at the very center of the Bangkok, that's a good choice.

Room Tip: We like rooms with fan if it's not too hot, but we survived only an hour in such room in this gu...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Meshkis
Jodhpur, India
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have stayed here a few times over the last months in transits in and out of Bangkok. The first times I thought it was not too bad but it seems to have gone downhill. It is cheap. You can have a big room for about 120 baht but for me it is worth it to stay somewhere else even if I have to pay a bit more. The last time I stayed the bathrooms were in a dreadful state. There were faeces on the floor, most of the toilets were out of order and bins were overflowing. They were probably the worst toilets I have seen in my journey around the world. It is impossible to charge anything other than at reception where it is thrown into a drawer with no receipt or anything given. My friend was offered someone else's electronics which obviously she refused!!! There were marks on one of the doors where I stayed where the padlock had been ripped from the wall. There does appear to be cctv in the hotel but I am not sure about safety. There is a bar downstairs and sometimes the noise is awful. Karaoke does not help me sleep! My friend saw rats in the downstairs reception area though this is probably common all over Bangkok. For me I would prefer to pay a bit more now rather than stay in such an unhygienic place. I am certainly not a precious traveller but this place has tested my limits certainly in the hygiene ratings. The mattresses are like blocks of wood covered in material though the sheeting covers are clean. The cheapest room is the fan room which is cool enough. You can pay more for an ac room. Depending on fellow guests you may hear more than you want of your neighbours' conversation as there are gaps at the tops of the ceilings. If you are on a very tight budget this place might be the place for you but for only maybe 30 or 40 baht more you can find a clean and more cheerful place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Angie M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Peachy Guesthouse was, hands-down, the best bargain I found in Bangkok! I paid 120B per night for a very large room with a twin bed, desk and an armoire. My room had more than ample natural lighting and, for 120 baht a night, it freed up a lot of money to spend during the day. If you're traveling on very little money, this is your place! Other places within walking distance charge 250, 300 and 350 baht for rooms that are smaller, dingier, or even dorm-style.

If you're thinking of staying here, you should know that the lobby is a bit dumpy, and there are mangy cats and dogs walking in and out (which didn't bother me, but might bother other people.) Rooms facing Phra Athit road are rather noisy (but have good lighting) while those set further back from the road don't have much natural light. Still: I will probably return to Peachy on future trips.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo