Krung Kasem Sri Krung Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewstrain stationwalking distance to chinatownfacing roomfree bottled watermajor renovationbudget hotelremote controlthin wallsthe rooms were nicehot showerhua hinconvenient locationminute walkmain roadair conditioningstayed here for nightsmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2011

It's kind of a run down but it is clean. The location is very good if you like walking or taking the train or subway and being near Chinatown and the river. The hotel restaurant quality is acceptable. This is no romantic get away but it is affordable and the location is great for those who are interested in local flavor.

WARNING: as of October 9, 2011, the map associated with this hotel on their TripAdvisor page is incorrect. The hotel is just on the other side of the canal from the Hua Lamphong Train Station.

Room Tip: The backside of the building is quiet. If the room smells like mildew, they'll put you somewhere else if you ask.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank convinceable
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed here in April 2011 on our way back from a beach trip to Cha-Am. Granted the place is a little on the old side, but the room was very clean, and comfortable, and at a price that was very agreeable. The best surprise was the hotel restaurant. We ate dinner there and breakfast the following morning. The food was outstanding...some really great Thai dishes. The hotel is also well-situated, and easy walk to Hua Lomphong Railway Station or the MRT (subway) station. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank handley53
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Havin read some of the reviews before booking our stay at the hotel I was a little apprehensive but as we like to stay near Hualamphong we thought we would give it a go. What a pleasant surprise. The staff on reception were very attentive and helpful, our room on the 5th floor was basic but very clean and very good value for 650bht per night. Efficient quiet A/C, or fan if preferred, plenty of hot water and an interesting view across the klong towards the train station. We had the Continental breakfast consisting of orange juice, hot coffee ( which was very good), 2 eggs, boiled or fried, 2 pieces of toast with butter and jam and a glass of hot water. At 60bht per person it was excellent!
We booked a taxi to the airport which arrived promptly and had a very helpful English speaking driver and the charge was 50bht less than quoted by the taxi drivers we had asked.

It looks as thought some renovation work is in progress. Our room on the 5th floor looked as if it had some cosmetic work done on it.

We would definately use this hotel again.

I think there is free internet but did'nt actually use it and there is a car park to the back of the hotel but again not sure if it was for guests use.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the railway station
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kipsie
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Been there, near to the Hualampong Railway Stn and Hualampong MRT Stn.

I paid 650 bht for a night. The staff are quite friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank 619Jack
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Though the other reviews about this hotel are often positive with reason, I had a very bad experience here. I had booked two months before and they showed me a very nice room with a good two-person bed for 600B. To keep it short here, after checking in I wasn't very positive about the room that I got now, so I went outside and found another very nice guesthouse, much more romantic to spend time there with my girl whom I've missed for two months. I wanted to cancel my booking and leave the hotel... I had only been in the room for a few minutes, didn't use anything yet (like the toilet), but they wanted to charge me the full 600B, and it wasn't even noon... After talking a lot they wanted me to pay 300B and if I would not pay THEY WOULD CALL THE POLICE! They're probably in need of money, because I don't think this is the way it should be. As to me, NO RECOMMENDATION!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple