“Good hotel for medium budget traveller”
Review of Chinatown Hotel

Chinatown Hotel
Ranked #457 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel is realy full at weekend, so you better have a reservation plus you might have cheaper rate if you book online. and its located in the middle of China town, where you can find great seafood and cheap accessories for ladies. and its food for breakfast is also awesome!

Room Tip: better reserved it via online. cheaper.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Iyuth_Pakpahan_15

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is clean but needs some repair and maintenance. The aged bathroom sink's stopper broken so I can not push on it to stop water. Soup and shampoo dispenser wasn't my style. Wifi quality was flicky but at least it is free. Free drinking water tasted funny so I opted to buy my own from the 7 11 shops right opposite to the hotel.

Phone in hotel was nice. Good cleaning service. Good bell boy service if you want the luggage carried down or kept after you checkout. Cute female receptionists are pluses even though the speak more mandarin than English in Thailand. I don't speak Thai so I might as well speaks the multiple languages I know... The hotel is right in the middle of all the shops and food stalls. I walked around and I found myself surrounded by all the 7 11 shops, Chinatown temples, food stalls, jewelry shops, aggressive beggars, bus stations and pesky taxi guys. I walked the half mile to the MTR metro station so public transportation is good. The 80 or 82 bus stops right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank CaptAmerika
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have stayed 3 times at this hotel between 2001 and 2011. Its comfortable, reasonably priced and is within distance of all of Bangkok's main attractions. They have a fine menu for those who want to eat there, also a good Chinese resturant right next door.
They are easily contactable and usually respond to even late bookings. They will even look after your luggage if you fancy a few days in Pattaya.
Great place to be for Chinese New Year. And I have arranged to be there twice for the celebrations as part of my trips to the far east.
Not as cheap as it used to be.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jimmydonutuk
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Large room on top floor (nonsmoking floor) was comfortable. However, very thin curtains so you pretty much wake up shortly after the sun rises. For $65 / nite, there are many other options in Bangkok. Also, not sure I would recommend Chinatown location for first time travellers to the region as the streets are jam packed and the pollution is pretty bad. I agree with other reviews that the food is not very good at the hotel. I found the staff to be quite friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My friends and I stayed overnight and enjoyed the historical element of the hotel and surrounding area. The hotel room was clean, of average size and well maintained with all essential items supplied. The only disappointing part of our stay was the food which was below average. The service however was exceptional, from the point of checking in and at all times during our short stay. As it was our first time to Bangkok we were given advice and direction with the best way to get to our next destination. At one stage 2 staff members assisted myself and my friends when we had an issue with our phone, the support provided by the staff was outstanding and I thank them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 1HeatherC
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel had a very nice and kind of heritage asian feel but well decorated and maintained. I had a dorm room and shared modern bathroom, female area only and for a good price but was the only person in it. The staff were extremely attentive and helpful with 24 hours desk. Internet and towels etc were extras and a deposit was required for the key. Top location and nice outdoor terrace, eating drinking area. Good for those on a budget that want a nice place to stay

Room Tip: Areas appeared to be either male or female and segregated by a security door
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I am curently stayin here since 3days, as i wanted to stay in chinatown for business so the location of the hotel is very good, average size clean rooms but the the issues which disappointed me is no refiling of coffee and sugar whn u get up early morning for it as its chargeable, secondly no weighing scales, unfunctional flask, poor lights in bathroom and no shower. Whenevr i ask for anythng at reception, they say its chargeable wch shud be a basic service at 3 star hotels. Further u wil find no service lift n wil hv to use service lift of the hotel. I also found cockroaches in the hotel reception lobby and also on breakfast tables.

• Stayed: September 2012