“Beware bed bugs!! construction noise!! pay extra for internet access in the bedroom!!”
Review of Bossotel Bangkok

Bossotel Bangkok
Ranked #284 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I was exhausted from the long trip from Europe and I was put in a room at the center courtyard level-- very zen feel but the noise from the construction quickly canceled any sense of relaxation and I asked to be moved. I was moved to a room adjacent to the door which exits out to the pool (if you're in the hallway looking at the pool it was the room on the left--sorry I don't have room number anymore))
I was exhausted and went to sleep right away--BIG MISTAKE!! I should have done a BED BUG check! Several were on the bed, floor and curtains! As I learned later bed bugs wait until they sense the warmth of their host to come out of their hiding spots in the mattress crevices. So always pull the bed sheets and fitted sheets to check for bed bugs! Then I asked to change rooms again but didnt want to transfer to another room with the bed bugs I encountered in the room adjacent to the pool. I examined all of my belongings multiple times to ensure I wasn't taking bed bugs with me-- on me or in/on my bag. The next room I moved to was examined by me before accepting to move (mind you this is my first night in Bangkok) and it was 1 am at this point. I left that morning and spoke to the manager and he apparently closed the room for cleaning but it takes a lot to kill bed bugs because insecticide doesnt work on them apparently. Beware! The restaurant was good and so was the adjacent massage locale--which
i used before I realized the above problems.

Also, there is an extra charge for internet.

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Globetrotter2076

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Zutphen, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 21, 2012

A good enough hotel if you know what you get; very average but clean room, with strangely faulty newly done bathroom, some nice some ignorant staff, doormen that do everything but opening doors, location near Shangri-La and other biggies, so a lot of shouting-at-you toots, and on the positive side a very good location for the real feeling of Bangkok (in my opinion offcourse).
Try having a coffee ON the river, just follow the street to the Chao Phraya and smile at the guys trying to get you on their boats, and say you just want to have coffee. Cheap and a little adventurous on the rickety pier, and the sweetest lady to serve you.
Breakfast at Bossotel was the best we had anywhere in Thailand, not counting the too soft boiled eggs.
There is a pool but its only swimmable with less than four people. And a tiny but ok gym as well.
Prices of minibar and roomservice are very ok. We had a good time here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the wat/school in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank diederika
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Bossotel Bangkok is an inexpensive hotel that's close to the river and sky train. Our deluxe room was probably the largest hotel room we've stayed in Bangkok. We found the hotel to be very clean and the rooms were well presented. A very charming hotel that we'd stay at anytime ... great value, and friendly Thai hospitality.

Room Tip: I think it is wise to choose a deluxe room over the standard room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ridleysguide
bossotel, Manager at Bossotel Bangkok, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Khun Ridleysguide,

Thank you for your review!

It was good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Huelva, Spain
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is my third visit to the Bossotel hotel in Bangkok and I will still be visiting this hotel since it offers the best value rooms in the city.
The location is great. Within walking distance ( 5 minutes ) to Saphan taksin BTS which connects you with everywhere in Bangkok, and the Saphan Taksin pier to take boats up or down the river. There is also a deparment store ( Robinson´s ) with shopping and dining facilities near the hotel so on the overall the location is great. Not in the city center but easily accesible by BTS or boat and with everything you need within walking distance.
The staff is nice and helpful, always smiling so both check in and check out were pleasant and quick.
The rooms are spacious, clean and smell pretty well. The have all the amenities you would expect from a 4 star hotel: air conditioning, satellite TV, fridge, ensuite bathroom, ...
There is also a small swimming pool but perfect to have a quick dip before or after visiting the city.
Usually, the breakfast is included in the price; and I recommend to book it anyway since it is great. A great variety of Western and Asian food, freshly cooked and very tasty, awaits for you each morning. All of them are neatly arranged in the coffee downstairs.
Summing up, a great and reliable four star hotel which I recommend and would be visiting again if in Bangkok for its price value, clean rooms and nice staff

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ElBou
Dear Khun Procopeo,

Big thanks to you for the great feedback. We really appreciate you for taking the time to share their experience of visiting Bossotel Bangkok.

We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Bossotel and are hoping that we will be able to welcome you back in the future. ^_^

Chennai
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We chose this hotel as the review was good for the price.

Location:
I do not prefer this location as it is far from the shopping areas. If you want to shop typical Thai goods, do not stay here.

Rooms:
Rooms are good and clean. Not so cramped. Kind of ok

Breakfast:
Very good with good spread.

Internet Connection (Wi Fi):
Is free only in the lobby and you have to pay if you want to use in the room. I kind of felt it odd.
Speed was also not very good,

Swimming pool:
Good and well maintained.

View:
I generally prefer to stay in hotels which has a good view of the city, like bridges, etc. This does not have any.

Price:
I would say it is slightly over priced.

Staff:
Horrible. Attitude was very bad. No smile. I have stayed in a few hotels and I had a very good experience. I am shocked to see such attitude.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
bossotel, Manager at Bossotel Bangkok, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Mr.Chandramohan T,

We sincerely appreciate for the kind words you said about us, your thoughts are important to us.

We are glad for your satisfaction with our accommodation and facilities. We learned that you were not happy with our resident’s location. We still confident that our location is one of the selling points for us.

Bossotel Bangkok located near Taksin Station sky train station by 10 minutes walk. In our area, there is a departments store, Robinson Department Store and Silom Road for more shopping area nearby. Also you can take taxi via the express way nearby to Suvarnabhumi International airport by half an hour.

Anyway, we are strongly concern your comments and keep training and improving service standard of our guest service staff to meet guests’ expectation as much as possible.

Look forward to having a chance to serving you again in the near future.

Bossotel Bangkok Team
Banglamung
Reviewed August 10, 2012

As always location first, 50 meters from the place where we had an event was the reason to choose the hotel in the first place however we were happy with the size of the room and the breakfast as well as with the service. It is an old hotel but they made the best out of it.

Room Tip: If you travel by car you can park for a short time at the temple opposite just smile and give some B...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Samut
Dear Khun Samut,

We delight you also enjoyed your stayed and satisfied with our room accommodation, and breakfast.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Bossotel Bangkok whenever you visit Bangkok in the future. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Fine hotel, nothing special. Got what we paid for, there are far more exciting places to stay in the wonderful city of Bangkok. The spring rolls at the restaurant and massage place near the lobby were great!

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Khun Mbir,

Thank you so much for your comments. We were all pleased to see that you enjoyed our massage and spring roll at Bossotel restaurant.

We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back.

Bossotel Bangkok Team