“Really nice zoo and we had a lovely day out.”
Review of Dusit Zoo

Dusit Zoo
Ranked #87 of 552 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Koalas, elephants, zebras and pandas are just some of the 1,600 animals on display in this fairly well-maintained zoo. The zoo also boasts large green spaces and a pond with paddle boats.
St Margarets, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Really nice zoo and we had a lovely day out.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I have visited this zoo three times in just over a year.

Located in enormous grounds, 188,800 square meters according to Wikipedia (that’s over 46 acres). We travelled by sky train to Victory Monument and from there caught a taxi. I think 100 Baht was the entrance fee.

In the centre there is a large lake where you can hire a paddle boat in the shape of a swan.

There are hundreds of animals and birds, including lions, tigers, elephants, camels, giraffes etc etc. Part of the zoo has a raised walkway so you can view some animals from above. There are loads wonderful grounds and flowers.

Numerous places to eat and drink and the meal we had there was excellent, all proper local ingredients freshly prepared.

Lovely day out and is a good place for kids.

Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great family place in Bangkok”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Dusit zoo has a wide variety of animals, everything from bears, birds to white Bengal tigers. Besides the animals there are facilities to entertain younger kids too.
Try the boat peddling, and see plenty of water monitor lizards swimming alongside you.
The zoo has plenty of areas to sit and relax in shade beneath the trees, a good place to get away from the teeming crowds in Bangkok markets and streets.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Marc V
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Excellent value”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

While its not the most attractive of places and could do with a touch of modernisation in places it is very good value for money at 100 bahts entry fee the animals i saw seemed happy enough and i did not witness the pacing up and down seen in many British zoos go give it a look

Visited December 2013
1 Thank cottage21
Austin, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great zoo to go”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have so many memories at this place. There is a water fountain that my dad took each one of us when we were toddlers to take picture with him holding our hand. Then he did the same with our children, one by one. The years pass, the children grew up, my dad grew old and passed away. But the faithful fountain is there, standing tall and grew more beautiful with improvement surrounded it.. Over the years I'd seen improvements, more animals, more organized. There are not many places people can go to relax in the heart of Bangkok. Dusit Zoo serves as one major park and zoo people can take kids to enjoy seeing animals and relax in the park, or enjoy paddled boats, or just sit down under big trees by the big pond. My dad took me there. He took my kids there. Some day when I have my grandchildren I'll take them there too.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Kaazamm
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“So so”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I planned a visit with my wife and two little girls today to the dusit zoo as my girls are huge aficionados of animals.
I took a taxi from downtown Bangkok to the zoo which costed me 80 baht exactly and we arrives there in less than 30 minutes.
Entrance fees were really cheap, a hundred baht for adults and 80 baht for young children. The zoo is huge with a big number of animals, we were really disappointed that there was no elephants at all at the zoo giving the fact that we are in Thailand.
The track to visit the animals was really random not like an organized path that takes you through the whole zoo to see everything, and as I mentioned its huge so us and the kids got really tired after a couple of hours walking.
In a nut she'll me personally didn't like it.

Been to Dusit Zoo? Share your experiences!