“Very nice Hilton property”

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #79 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a new property for Hilton in Bangkok and it gives a different experience from the Millenium Hilton where we stayed on a previous trip. Very convenient to the BTS Sukhumvit station - 5 minute walk. There is a large shopping mall diagonally across the street with restaurants and a food court. Check in was very quick and efficient. I did have a misunderstanding over breakfast but Boyd Klinsarote, the Duty Manager, took care of things and made things satisfactory for us. I am a Gold level member and I checked in with my wife and son. As a Gold member, we are typically given Executive Lounge access and complimentary breakfast. Because there were 3 of us, we were told after breakfast that we would have to pay for 1 breakfast. Well, I've been a Gold level member for close to 10 years and I've never been told that before whenever I traveled with my family. I insisted on speaking with the manager and Boyd explained their policy but he did take care of charges for me. So, Boyd - again I want to Thank You. The food selection for the Exec Lounge was very good with a wide selection of Asian and western foods.

The concierge staff was very good and helpful. There has been some civil unrest in Bangkok and the staff was very good at drawing on a map the areas for us to stay away from. Sing (Concierge) was terrific and really helpful with his instructions and suggestions.

The room was great - large and very clean. Unfortunately, not much of a view.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HiltonSukhumvit, General Manager at Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the HiltonSukhumvit Bangkok and the wonderful endorsement on TripAdvisor.

I’m very pleased you enjoyed your family holiday with us and that we made an impression, both in terms of the service and hotel amenities; in particular, the rooms, location and of course, our friendly and efficient staff.

Boyd and Sing joins me and the rest of the team in looking forward to your return visit.

Kind regards,

David Ecija

Write a ReviewReviews (1,782)

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I like this hotel because of

a/ its very friendly staff
b/ its nice and clean rooms
c/ its great treatment of HH Diamonds

Executive Lounge is very nice and I enjoyed upgrades to their Suites which are great as well. Wonderful! I also like the location so close to the BTS and Sukhumvit.

Together with the Conrad this is my favourite hotel in BKK.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here for two nights in December, and was very impressed with this new hotel.

The staff were amazing - from the porter on arrival, to the check-in staff, to the wonderfully helpful concierge who helped me to get to Chinatown to have a wander of the markets and back again without coming across the demonstrations, to the lovely two men who checked me out and investigated three different ways to deliver me to the airport without being inconvenienced by the demonstrations. The room service operator was fully informed on gluten free food, and suggested a couple of different alternatives when the dish I was interested in was not gluten free. The lovely lady who was in charge of the executive lounge remembered my breakfast preferences and was wonderful at fulfilling any requests.

Even without the incredibly comfortable rooms, the staff alone would bring me back to this hotel.

But the rooms are lovely too - comfortable big beds, airconditioning that worked perfectly, an amazing rain shower in the bathroom, and lots of room.

The rooftop pool was gorgeous, and my only regret was that it was too cold to swim properly! The views across the skyline of Bangkok was fabulous though. The fitness room looked out over this too.

The hotel is very near the BTS, and near the Emporium shopping centre. The taxi from the airport had a little trouble finding it, but that's because it's new.

The only tiny niggle I had was that one of the bedside lamps wouldn't turn off, but I didn't bother telling the hotel about it until I checked out - I just turned it to face the wall. When I did mention this at checkout, they were very apologetic and promised to check it out asap.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I am impressed by Hilton staffs services rendered to me. Upon arrival by taxi, the staff helped to open the taxi door and take out my luggage. My taxi fare was TB285 (exclude toll TB50). The staff helped to change TB500 with smaller denominations because the driver do not have enough small change.

After check-in was done, the fronk desk staff and concierge staff accompanied me to the lift and my room. Wow, what a great personalised service!

Big room (deluxe), big bathroom (with bathtub and shower head) and big wardrobe. The toiletries (Peter Thomas Roth) are bigger size compared to other Hilton in Malaysia.

Hotel location is decent because it is within walking distance to train station (Phong Phrom), Emporium Mall, 7-11 shop, restaurants, massage shops, street foods, etc.

My taxi from airport could not find Hilton Sukhumvit even though we passed by Emporium Mall at first. We had to wander around and ask people a few times before finding our way. For future travellers, you need to tell the taxi driver that Emporium Mall is located left and Hilton is located right of the road (Soi 24).

The complimentary sweet dessert is so delicious that I finished all by myself.

I will definitely want to come back to Hilton Sukhumvit in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Irene C
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at all of the Hilton properties in Bangkok this now goes straight to the top of my list.

Everything about it from the location (near to BTS) to the staff who were all very helpful makes it my favourite.

My wife is vegan and therefore we rely on hotels to accommodate where required and they certainly went above and beyond in the restaurant and the lounge.

Extra special thanks to Lilly

See you all again soon!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This place is so new and shiny it still has that new car smell about it. Everything gleans and the slick crew conduct their business with polite professionalism and dedication to customer service. We were made to feel at home there by the refined and well trained staff. They simply didn't put a foot wrong. We stayed with our two kids in a 1-bedroom surite and it was suitably sized. The beds were amazing and the block out curtains made sleeping in so much easier. The pool was also well designed and made for a great way to spend a few hours. It's mostly pitched at the Japanese business set but this shouldn't deter leisure travellers. Breakfast was standard rather than sumptious and wifi is not complimentary which is dissapointing.

The area is also a bit away from the action but fortunately the BTS station is only 300 metres away. Protest blockades made it hard for taxis to get to Sukhumvit but accessing other parts of Bangkok was not affected. All up, we had a delightful stay and were hugely impressed by the Hilton's hospitality. I have no hesitation in recommending the Hilton Sukhumvit or it's sister hotel, the Doubletree, which looked equally as oppulent.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lunarboogie
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Have a problem while check-in, normally the check-in time is at 2 p.m. but in my case I can check-in at 4.30 p.m. Good location which surrounded by restaurants. Near Emporium Department Store. Nice, new, and clean hotel. Close to BTS!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple