“The clean rooms do not make up for the poor service”
Review of Buddy Lodge Hotel

Buddy Lodge Hotel
Ranked #180 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here for three nights during the beginning of August. Our first impressions were tainted by a less than friendly welcome and the realization that breakfast was not included (for the money you would expect it).

The rooms are clean and the mini-bars are well stocked. The bathrooms include basic smellies and you get clean towels. TV is good size and the bed is nice. Gym clean and pool area nice.

However, the rooms did not make up for the general feel of the hotel, which was somewhere in the realms of, 'Your not here for long so we're not that bothered'.

If I was to stay again, I would not get a balcony room- pointless as it looks onto a wall and everyone throws their cigarettes down from above.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the large balcony- not worth the $
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemmagrdn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had changed my booking through Orbitz but when I got there the management refused. So I lost a day, and then they tried to tell me the room wasn't ready which they had started charging me for the day before. Room service was cleaning it apparently, but why since I wasn't even there to make it dirty. Made no sense. I argued and finally got a room. When I wanted to add a day to my stay they charged more than the rate I already had, again a management failure to make customers happy.

Rooms are nice though, location is great. Pool is very nice. It is noisy at night which we didn't mind but I can see many not liking that. Some nights we could hear noises till 5am. Free wifi is a plus.

There are definitely cheaper places around the area. Stay here for the pool, I doubt many offer that.

Room Tip: Some rooms have nice big balconies, get those if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our 1st few nights in Bangkok before we traveled to the islands the place is great right in the centre of all the hussle and bussle. Great price for the location and all the others about street noise...we didn't hear a thing. If ur a young / old couple or a group of traveling friends this place is a must abit of luxury bang in the mix of it all at a gd price.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Ollie1082
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was secound visit to the Buddy Hotel and there will not be a third.

I got sick of the noise, the rudeness of staff and the shower not working for me to finally say enough. I walked across to the Khoa San Park Road Resort - got a better deal, working shower, quiet and clean room, better breakfast and nicer staff...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa38_12
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Visited S.E. Asia 3 times and stayed here each time when in Bangkok. I remember the two shaven headed male receptionists being there, both of whom were brilliant, friendly and accomadating.

Room roulette is still a big factor with the noise from below but I have found the hotel to be very accomadating with offering a room on the 5th or 6th floor when I tell them I'm a very light sleeper (although the brick bar can still ruin your night's sleep!) and a bucket or two will help :P

However I was disappointed to find that breakfast is no longer included in the price - not sure when this was changed but the buffet breakfast in the Irish bar mitigated the room price a lot.

On our inbound stop the service was poor - long time waiting to check in and reception (3 women, the youngest of whom barely spoke English) seemed more interested in chatting to each other - the room we were shown had ants crawling up the walls and the response was to (grumpily) send in the cleaning lady with a spray - no apology or offer of a room change though. We booked a superior double but this wasn't ready until 2pm so we took a standard twin as we were so tired, but no offer of a rate reduction.

Our outbound stop service was much better, possibly because it wasn't so
busy.

The gym and rooftop pool are still fantastic and mean that I would still use this as my number one choice. Just sort
the service out!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It take for 30 mns for the reception to do my check I n because they dont have my booking eventhough i present my booking voucher from agoda.
The receptionist with limit English except the door man named Chai chai is very friendly and eventhough we know always trying to offer for anything, but he is really nice guy.
The room is quiet good, clean , cool A/C, weak wifi speed.
Anyway, this is good and budget in Khao san road.

Room Tip: Ask for room from 1st floor to 3rd floor so you can use good wifi speed
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

What a bad surprise...
Nice room but expensive compare to the neighboors, noisy, not nice staff, never received my deposit back for the key (be sure you keep the the paper they to you or ask for it if they don't!!!).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple