“Good hotel with very nice staff”

Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Ranked #215 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We, (3 sisters) stayed at Eastin hotel for two nights. We had a very pleasant stay. Everything is fine and the staff is very professional. We arrived very early morining and without asking they offered us an early check-in and we right away got a nice room on 22nd floor. Staff from the reception to room servoces, restaurants, porters all were extremly nice and very helpful. They took an extra effort to call the airline's luggage merchant and arrange to repair one of our luggages which was damaged by the airline. So big thank you goes to Mr Tuk who handled that. Breakfast was excellent with a wide spread.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are nicer
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear GamageShiromi,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I say how pleased I was that both you and your sisters enjoyed your stay so much. It was our pleasure to assist you with your broken luggage and our staff will always try to go that “extra mile” if we possibly can to help any guests in difficulty. I notice that you singled out a particular member of staff for his helpfulness and I will be delighted to pass on your praise to him myself.
We look forward to welcoming you and your sisters back to Eastin Makkasan very soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The location of the hotel is good,close to all the shopping centers, Rooms are comfortable and clean, little problem is that there is no windows or balcony.
Nice pool and good breakfast ,
There is a nice bar with beautiful panoramic view

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Daniel T,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of your stay with the Trip Advisor readership. I was particularly glad to learn that you considered us to be very good value for money as we do try to offer our guests the best possible comfort, service and facilities for the price we charge and it is always nice to read that our efforts are appreciated. I hope that a lack of balcony in your room did not detract from your stay to a great degree and would also like to inform you that, due to Thai Health and Safety regulations, unfortunately our room windows must remain locked at all times.

We hope to see you again at the earliest opportunity.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed there for two nights, great hotel, nice swimming pool at the 16th floor and nice staff,
good room, to get to Kawasan road it costs about 150 Baht one direction.
Dont have anything else to add :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Tomerinho

Dear Tomerinho,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I thank you for giving us such a high score on Trip Advisor. We seek to offer our all our guests a pleasant sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok and I hope that after returning from the many fun attractions of Khao San Road you enjoyed a good night’s rest!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We selected this hotel after considerable research and fellow traveller reviews and to put it in a nutshell- we were not disappointed!.
Location is excecllent - right next to the Makkasan Sky train station to airport. Very Close to the Baiyoke, pratunam and all the great malls like Pantip, Platinum etc. On the way to these places we found some excellent street food, local bargains on clothes and shoes.
The hotel itself is very good. You have to take an escalator to reach the lobby. The staff is friendly and courteous. The have displayed the TRIPADVISOR badge on their front desk..:)
The lobby was quite big and spacious. The buffet area, bar and restaurants were nicely decorated . For a four star, this hotel beats many Five stars in India.
The rooms are reasonably big. The superior rooms dont have much of a view, but the executive rooms give an excellent view of the complete city, unhindered by any buildings.
I had only two issues against against the rooms :- One was that their layout is very poor thereby giving very little space to move around. The beds are placed right in the center of the room with a headpost, doubling up as a desk, for the telephone, remote controls to the room lighting and tv (yup, the entire room utilities can be controlled by a controller .. pretty neat), The second issue was that the bed linen was torn and inspite of telling them, no effort was made to change it. The four stars would've been five if they had addressed the issue about the linen.
The breakfast spread was excellent but remains more or less the same , so you feel bored, but the quality is excellent. Right from eggs to order, to cereals, breads soups, rice and curry, potatoes ... eat a good meal by 10 am and the next time you need to eat only in the evening :)
Wifi is free across the hotel. the pool is big and really great. The gym is well appointed.
Tea/Coffee sachets, water heater, Hair dryer, electronic safe, drinking water etc are all complimentary with the room. Check out process was also fast but they did create some issues with a small plate (which was taken by their night staff but not informed to the desk). that did leave a slightly bad taste marring the entire experience a wee bit!!
Highly recommended for stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Select the executive rooms for a great view The Entertainment system had Adult movies so call the r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear frequentaks,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review of you and your family’s stay at Eastin Makkasan. It is always nice for our potential customers to see what we offer from a genuine guest’s viewpoint rather than them booking a room on the strengths of a glitzy website or similar.

Your points of praise are deeply appreciated but I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced that caused you to score us as “very good” rather than “excellent” and address these if I may so you can be aware that we actively handle the points raised.

I regret that the layout of the room type you selected was inconvenient for you and hope that on your next visit to Eastin Makkasan you have the opportunity to experience one of our other room categories. Our reservations staff would be delighted to advise you regarding this in advance of your hopefully next trip to Bangkok. I was extremely disappointed to learn that the staff did not change the torn bed linen when requested and have instructed my Director of Housekeeping to investigate and take the necessary action to ensure there is no repeat of this.
Your comment regarding the breakfast has been well noted and even though we try to offer as wide a selection as possible to cater to our many guests and their differing tastes I will discuss matters with my Executive Chef.

I would like to offer a further heartfelt apology over the lack of communication between my staff regarding the missing plate and have instructed the departments concerned to initiate immediate training on both clear communication and handling such situations with the guests with tact and diplomacy. Their actions were not in keeping with the way conduct our standard operation procedures and I can assure you this is not acceptable in Eastin Makkasan.

May I end by saying that it was a genuine pleasure to host you and your family during your time in Bangkok and, despite the unfortunate incident concerning the plate; deeply appreciate your overall positive kind comments.

We hope that you and your family would do us the pleasure of your company once again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Eastin is a 10 minute walk to the buses and about the same to the metro. It is a street away from the main road where there's a large shopping centre. Our Room was great. Staff at this hotel are brilliant, always friendly, and can't do enough for you. Breakfast spread is great and of course always a chef who will cater to your personal needs. Pool was great. Gym great. Concierge was excellent and very helpful I giving information.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Lyn C

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I say what a pleasure it was to read your comments on Trip Advisor. Kind words such as yours only serve to inspire my staff to maintain their “service mind” and I will be passing on your praise at my daily manager’s briefing in order that they can congratulate their respective teams on a job well done. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet spread as we welcome guests from around the globe and attempt to cater to everyone’s taste with our selection.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Eastin Makkasan in hopefully the very near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

What do we generally look for in our travels, some clean place, good hospitality and nice location. Eastin Offers you all of it. The Hotel is centrally located and you can reach places for amazing food and shopping within five to 10 minutes walk. (saves you the fact, that you wont be ripped off). I was there for business for a week and there were no complaints from me whatsoever.
Food quality: Spread is huge and good quality
Service: Outstanding
You can have both Lan port and wi-fi connections. The TVs are filled with entertainment. The restaurant on the 23rd floor in the night is spectacular. Also the happy hours are cool.
Only one complaint remained with regard to the conference hall: The central ACs fluctuated and either it was too cold and if the AC was switched off it became too hot again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the sky train...coz the view of the city from the upper floors are very nice...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mano4265

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I was very pleased to learn that Eastin Makkasan “ticked all your boxes” regarding your requirements for accommodation. We do try to ensure that every aspect of a guest’s stay meets their satisfaction and the staff will be happy to learn that they could be of such outstanding service.

I must offer my sincere apologies regarding the fluctuating temperature in the ballroom and my Engineering Manager is working on a solution at this very moment.
We hope to see you again at Eastin Makkasan very soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Everything worked, but nothing sparkled. Happy Hour in the bars was appreciated with buy one get one free and the bar on the 23rd Floor had a spectacular view of the city and the massive amount of traffic that moves around the hotel. I was there to deliver some training and so used the restaurant and other facilities of the hotel a lot. Good selection in the breakfast and lunch buffets, but nothing madly special on offer. The training room we used - which is part of the ballroom suite - has no natural daylight and the temperature control was tricky to get right; but the staff were very helpful and responsive. Location is good- lots of restaurants, shopping and other services all very close.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the swimming pool - much quieter than those on the road side
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear TheAmandaB,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with the readership of Trip Advisor. Your feedback is essential in ensuring we cater to all our guests’ needs and attend to any issues that may arise.

I am happy that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay but must offer a heartfelt apology regarding those that did not live up to your expectations.

As we are dedicated in satisfying our guests at all times if you could kindly find the time to contact me directly via gmadmin@eastinbangkokhotel.com with your observations as to where we can improve your experience I would greatly appreciate it.

We hope you have a chance to visit us again where your stay can be a relaxing one enjoying the al freso view from the 23rd floor bar rather than having to work!