“Great place to Stay !”

Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Ranked #215 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We selected this hotel after considerable research and fellow traveller reviews and to put it in a nutshell- we were not disappointed!.
Location is excecllent - right next to the Makkasan Sky train station to airport. Very Close to the Baiyoke, pratunam and all the great malls like Pantip, Platinum etc. On the way to these places we found some excellent street food, local bargains on clothes and shoes.
The hotel itself is very good. You have to take an escalator to reach the lobby. The staff is friendly and courteous. The have displayed the TRIPADVISOR badge on their front desk..:)
The lobby was quite big and spacious. The buffet area, bar and restaurants were nicely decorated . For a four star, this hotel beats many Five stars in India.
The rooms are reasonably big. The superior rooms dont have much of a view, but the executive rooms give an excellent view of the complete city, unhindered by any buildings.
I had only two issues against against the rooms :- One was that their layout is very poor thereby giving very little space to move around. The beds are placed right in the center of the room with a headpost, doubling up as a desk, for the telephone, remote controls to the room lighting and tv (yup, the entire room utilities can be controlled by a controller .. pretty neat), The second issue was that the bed linen was torn and inspite of telling them, no effort was made to change it. The four stars would've been five if they had addressed the issue about the linen.
The breakfast spread was excellent but remains more or less the same , so you feel bored, but the quality is excellent. Right from eggs to order, to cereals, breads soups, rice and curry, potatoes ... eat a good meal by 10 am and the next time you need to eat only in the evening :)
Wifi is free across the hotel. the pool is big and really great. The gym is well appointed.
Tea/Coffee sachets, water heater, Hair dryer, electronic safe, drinking water etc are all complimentary with the room. Check out process was also fast but they did create some issues with a small plate (which was taken by their night staff but not informed to the desk). that did leave a slightly bad taste marring the entire experience a wee bit!!
Highly recommended for stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Select the executive rooms for a great view The Entertainment system had Adult movies so call the r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear frequentaks,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review of you and your family’s stay at Eastin Makkasan. It is always nice for our potential customers to see what we offer from a genuine guest’s viewpoint rather than them booking a room on the strengths of a glitzy website or similar.

Your points of praise are deeply appreciated but I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced that caused you to score us as “very good” rather than “excellent” and address these if I may so you can be aware that we actively handle the points raised.

I regret that the layout of the room type you selected was inconvenient for you and hope that on your next visit to Eastin Makkasan you have the opportunity to experience one of our other room categories. Our reservations staff would be delighted to advise you regarding this in advance of your hopefully next trip to Bangkok. I was extremely disappointed to learn that the staff did not change the torn bed linen when requested and have instructed my Director of Housekeeping to investigate and take the necessary action to ensure there is no repeat of this.
Your comment regarding the breakfast has been well noted and even though we try to offer as wide a selection as possible to cater to our many guests and their differing tastes I will discuss matters with my Executive Chef.

I would like to offer a further heartfelt apology over the lack of communication between my staff regarding the missing plate and have instructed the departments concerned to initiate immediate training on both clear communication and handling such situations with the guests with tact and diplomacy. Their actions were not in keeping with the way conduct our standard operation procedures and I can assure you this is not acceptable in Eastin Makkasan.

May I end by saying that it was a genuine pleasure to host you and your family during your time in Bangkok and, despite the unfortunate incident concerning the plate; deeply appreciate your overall positive kind comments.

We hope that you and your family would do us the pleasure of your company once again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Eastin is a 10 minute walk to the buses and about the same to the metro. It is a street away from the main road where there's a large shopping centre. Our Room was great. Staff at this hotel are brilliant, always friendly, and can't do enough for you. Breakfast spread is great and of course always a chef who will cater to your personal needs. Pool was great. Gym great. Concierge was excellent and very helpful I giving information.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Lyn C

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I say what a pleasure it was to read your comments on Trip Advisor. Kind words such as yours only serve to inspire my staff to maintain their “service mind” and I will be passing on your praise at my daily manager’s briefing in order that they can congratulate their respective teams on a job well done. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet spread as we welcome guests from around the globe and attempt to cater to everyone’s taste with our selection.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Eastin Makkasan in hopefully the very near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

What do we generally look for in our travels, some clean place, good hospitality and nice location. Eastin Offers you all of it. The Hotel is centrally located and you can reach places for amazing food and shopping within five to 10 minutes walk. (saves you the fact, that you wont be ripped off). I was there for business for a week and there were no complaints from me whatsoever.
Food quality: Spread is huge and good quality
Service: Outstanding
You can have both Lan port and wi-fi connections. The TVs are filled with entertainment. The restaurant on the 23rd floor in the night is spectacular. Also the happy hours are cool.
Only one complaint remained with regard to the conference hall: The central ACs fluctuated and either it was too cold and if the AC was switched off it became too hot again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the sky train...coz the view of the city from the upper floors are very nice...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mano4265

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I was very pleased to learn that Eastin Makkasan “ticked all your boxes” regarding your requirements for accommodation. We do try to ensure that every aspect of a guest’s stay meets their satisfaction and the staff will be happy to learn that they could be of such outstanding service.

I must offer my sincere apologies regarding the fluctuating temperature in the ballroom and my Engineering Manager is working on a solution at this very moment.
We hope to see you again at Eastin Makkasan very soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Everything worked, but nothing sparkled. Happy Hour in the bars was appreciated with buy one get one free and the bar on the 23rd Floor had a spectacular view of the city and the massive amount of traffic that moves around the hotel. I was there to deliver some training and so used the restaurant and other facilities of the hotel a lot. Good selection in the breakfast and lunch buffets, but nothing madly special on offer. The training room we used - which is part of the ballroom suite - has no natural daylight and the temperature control was tricky to get right; but the staff were very helpful and responsive. Location is good- lots of restaurants, shopping and other services all very close.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the swimming pool - much quieter than those on the road side
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear TheAmandaB,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with the readership of Trip Advisor. Your feedback is essential in ensuring we cater to all our guests’ needs and attend to any issues that may arise.

I am happy that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay but must offer a heartfelt apology regarding those that did not live up to your expectations.

As we are dedicated in satisfying our guests at all times if you could kindly find the time to contact me directly via gmadmin@eastinbangkokhotel.com with your observations as to where we can improve your experience I would greatly appreciate it.

We hope you have a chance to visit us again where your stay can be a relaxing one enjoying the al freso view from the 23rd floor bar rather than having to work!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Located in the heart of the bangkok. Only walking distance to the shopping area. Room is spacer and clean. The room is very quiet like sound free. Seldom hear any noise outside the room. You can have very good sleep and rest without any disturb.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Loh C

Dear Loh C,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I was extremely pleased to read that you had an undisturbed sleep at Eastin Makkasan as we are well aware that our guests travel from far and wide and a comfortable, quiet and clean room is a must for them. I am glad that our location to the shopping district was convenient for you and hope that you managed to grab a bargain!

We look forward to seeing you again at Eastin Makkasan on your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Not a flashy affair but has done whatever is required... The best part about the hotel is the location.. Very conveniently located in a not so busy area but u can reach anything u want within 5 mins... b it shopping, nightlife or food..
The breakfast spread is lavish & its difficult to get thru half of what is in offer as u'll b filled already. Swimming pool on the 20th Floor with the pool bar is a nice place to hang-around... But yes if u r looking for view rooms this is not where u should b... Most of the rooms either show the sky-train or another hotel across the road..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ranadeep_b,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciated all feedback, be it positive or not, and your comments indicate the areas in which we are meeting our guests’ expectations. We are especially proud of our breakfast selection which we consider to be among the most expansive in our market segment and I am delighted that you enjoyed it.

I would like to inform you that if you book one of our suites on your next visit the large bathroom provides a spectacular view where you can relax in the tub next to the window with a direct view of the nearby tallest building in Thailand, the Baiyoke Tower, which illuminates at night for some great photo opportunities.

We hope that you have the chance to visit us again as soon as possible.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed on the 12th-15th Oct2013. Request for adaptor was sent within 5 mins to our room 1110. On the 2nd day in the evening the electricity in the room trip. Called the guest service & immediately someone came. Unable to restore he callled for the technician. All is taken care of in a jiffy. We are very pleased. Halal room service tho limited usually arrived under half an hour. On our last day after breakfast I checked with the waitress if they serve halal menu at the glass restaurant. No she said. I wonder why?So we have room service again just b4 checking out..

• Stayed: October 2013
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Lindasmat,

Thank you very much for writing your thoughts about your stay with us on Trip Advisor,
I am extremely pleased to know that you appreciated the efficiency of our team and will share your kind comments with them. Feedback such as yours is always appreciated and serves as a great inspiration to the staff.

At Eastin Makkasan our ultimate goal is the complete satisfaction of all our guests and any suggestion forwarded by them is given careful consideration. Regarding this policy and after reading your comment concerning the availability of halal food I am delighted to inform you that the halal menu is now available throughout the hotel.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you as our valued guest and we look forward to welcoming you once again on your next trip to Bangkok.