Stayed for 5 days during the Labour day weekend. Not impressed at all but okay enough to stay for a few days. Longer than 5 days you'll lose motivation to wake up for the same breakfast every single day.
1) within walking distance to pratunam, platinum & Big C.
2) nearby train is the airport link and bts phaya thai(one station away connecting with the airport link.
3) 7-eleven, massage parlour, cafes with free wifi are nearby.
1) Stayed at room 2422, so I can only comment the wifi connection in my room. It sucks, not consistent most of the time. And we keep having to reenter the password and login which we were given like coupons at the reception counter. Problem is, these coupons are not the similar.. It is like a lucky draw! Some would give you 1 day pass or 7 days. You will only know upon login! C'mon! It was frustrating!
Ps: Wifi in its lobby & coffee shop are wayyyyyy better.
2)Get the cab from airport instead of arranging it with hotel.
We were charged 1100BHT per way from DMK. Apparently it didn't happen upon arrival so we hired a cab from airport, cost us 800BHT and we got a Mercedes! Quite a new one and clean! We took the transfer from Eastin-DMK. Guess what it was just a Toyota Avanza. A total rip off. 300BHT difference!
3) If you are a Muslim, it's going to be a challenge to find Halal food nearby. I couldn't find any Halal Thai food.However, there are Indian & Arab restaurants. Compared to Malaysia, it is easy to trust but here in Bangkok I am not sure since there were no certificates visible except for the typical Halal signage.
So my point is, you can ge better value elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Value for all occasions hotel in Bangkok. Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok is designed with an emphasis on supreme comfort and style featuring a contemporary interior reflecting our international chain brand essence. Our 4 star hotel in Bangkok provides excellent in-room facilities, various dining options, fully equipped function rooms and all the amenities expected of a deluxe hotel including complimentary Wi-Fi Internet throughout the property. Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok is the ideal destination for both business and leisure travelers, providing family floors with child friendly facilities, a boardroom located on the 31st floor catering for small corporate meetings and The Attica Sky Lounge for private events featuring unparalleled panoramic views of the city skyline. Eastin 4 star hotel in Bangkok is conveniently located on Makkasan Road in the Pratunam Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eastin Hotel Makkasan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastin Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Eastin Hotel