Lowest prices for your stay
$35
Hotels.com$35
Booking.com$36
ZenHotels.com$40
1,865 results
All reviews sky lounge walking distance indian food platinum mall nice hotel airport link swimming pool shopping area hotel is located breakfast spread city view pleasant stay market floor indra taxi neon
Selected filters
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Lousy location, not near the Makasan Airport Link which you might assume (I did.) Perfectly ok (not good) reasonable price with copious buffet breakfast included. Strangely this hotel seems to be a favorite of very noisy young Israelis in Bangkok for "fun" lots of running around in the halls. At check I was told that I was "upgraded" to a superior room, but the room I had was no different from any other room. Black mold in the shower, soap dish ripped out leaving nasty metal supports sticking out of the wall. Room and bed perfectly comfortable, well sound insulated, but view on the superhighway. Pool at the superhighway level so noisy and polluted that it was unusable. The "Attic" outdoor bar on an upper floor quite nice view. You should be able to do better, if you search.

Room tip: Be sure to check out the room before you accept it, insist on a high floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Suratsawadee, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear essbeepee,
Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Hotel Bangkok.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor as it is only through feedback such as yours that we can rectify any problems that occur and maintain our high standards of comfort and service.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and the view from Attica Sky Lounge and that you found your room and bed to be comfortable.
I must sincerely apologize for the aspects of your stay that did not live up to your expectations.
If you could kindly find the time to contact me with the details of your stay via gmadmin@eastinbangkokhotel.com I will investigate the problems you encountered with your room. We undertake a year-round “constant care” program to ensure our rooms are in good condition and I will ascertain what happened with yours and take the necessary action to ensure it does not happen again. Unfortunately we have no record of a complaint of this nature being made as we would have immediately moved you to a more suitable room. I can also check the upgrade you were offered as there is some confusion regarding your comment as our superior rooms are the standard room in the hotel and an upgrade would have been made to deluxe level.
Similarly we have no record of anyone complaining about noisy guests as the comfort of our guests is of paramount importance and we would have dealt with the situation as it occurred.
I would like to politely point out that contrary to being a “lousy location” and “nowhere near” the Makkasan Airport Link we are approximately one kilometer or less than 5 minutes by taxi from the station. We are also about 15 minutes by taxi from the major shopping areas including Siam Paragon and Central World and a mere 10 minute walk from Platinum Mall and Central Chidlom.
I regret that you found our swimming pool to be unusable as being on the 10th floor it is well above the level of the highway and judging by the number of guests who use the facilities and dine there on a daily basis the “noise and pollution” doesn’t appear to be an issue as we never receive a negative comment over this.
May I end by saying it was a pleasure to serve you as our honored guest and we certainly hope that you give us a chance to serve you again on your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days in January. The room and bathroom was really nice, the service was good and the breakfast was great! The 24 hour free Wi-fi was also great! The hotel is also centrally situated for tourists - close to some nice restaurants, as well as the night street markets. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends!

Room tip: We had a deluxe room which was great!
Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Me and my spouse stayed in executive deluxe for seven night,already stayed last year also i have found eastin hotel excellent,ideal location near to the most places where you can tour anywhere.Attica lounge was at superior place have a nice city view and plesant weather,very good service...and wifi was free 24 hours in room...WELLDONE....EASTIN.Again we wll stay here...

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Easy access from the airport by taxi. Always a little messy upon arrival (findng the booking etc), but clean rooms, nice breakfast. I booked partly because of the Skylounge (good place to relax into the jetlag on day 1) but this time it was closed for a private function which was a shame.
Easy walk (15min) to shopping (Paragon, MBK).

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank martijndu
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Eastin makkassan is one hotel to return to. Although there r some flaws like the key card kept blocking n i had to get it reset. And the indian food section in the buffet wasnt good, but u cant get the best of both worlds. The room was great. The view excellent. Pool is fine. Next 2 lots of indian restaurants. Staff helpful. N other things too. So i would def give it a thumbs up.

1  Thank gauravarora777