“That burger though”

Ranked #4,640 of 11,173 Restaurants in Bangkok
Neighborhood: Ari
Neighborhood: Ari
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I heard about this place from some well-traveled friends. It's a small place, walking distance from Ari BTS and I actually bothered to take the train back and forth just to have a burger here.

The place is small, there are not a lot of seats. I immediately got greeted by some cool young people who worked there, serving the menu. There were a few locals there having fun and enjoying their food, they left and I was literally the only customer. The burger I ordered was "AMP Signature Burger" and by their recommendation got the potato wedges as side. They informed me it would be about 8 minutes.
Sat down with a Singha and the wedges, these were great. Much better than some random fries, the dip that came with was tasty. Perfect appetizer.

Now, for the burger. I took a bite and all I could think was "Wow, this is almost as good as...". Almost as good as what? I couldn't really think of anything. I realized this was possibly the best burger I've had in my life.

The atmosphere was really chill. It was playing jukebox style 60s rock music. Testimonies all over the wall, in post-it-note format from all sorts of customers praising the place.

With my order of Potato Wedges, 1 large beer and the AMP burger, it came out 385THB. It doesn't even matter what your budget is, this is so worth it. I gave them my huge compliments which made them happy, then left.

5 stars, it's not close.

2  Thank Arild S
There are newer reviews for Amp Burger

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This little artsy, funky restaurant is a great find. It's on Paholyothin northbound, a couple hundred meters past Sanam Pao BTS. The prices are mid-range for burgers in Bangkok, 185 baht for a bacon cheeseburger. All the food is excellent, but what really keeps me coming back are the to-die-for potato wedges.

1  Thank thegreatbw
Reviewed March 1, 2014

There are multiple places claiming to have the best burger in Bangkok, and when I heard that a restaurant in Sanam Pao was making the claim as well I was doubtful. When I went I was blown away. There is nothing else that needs to be said: This place has the best burgers in Bangkok. (But, if I did need to say something more, I'd point out that their burgers are cheap and they have a good imported beer selection.)

2  Thank AlnAbroad
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Delicious BLT burger. Smoky sauce. Plus sweet potato wedges on the side. Root beer too. Between Sanam Pao and Ari BTS stations.

2  Thank JohnHydePerth
Reviewed October 6, 2013

One of the best burgers in Bangkok. The menu is simple: beef, pork and fish burgers. Each cost around 150-180 baht, depending which way you pimp it. I've tried the beef and fish and love both. The potato wedges are freshly cut and prepared in-house and served with homemade tartar sauce. Skip the calamari rings, though, as two friends have tried them and were disappointed. I personally would not order that at a burger bar anyway. Drinks are cheap; big Leos are only 90 baht, and Carlsberg and Beerlao are also available and reasonable. The vibe is relaxed with a good assortment of chilled music and lots of interesting things adorning the walls to keep your eyes busy if dining alone. It's located halfway between Sanam Pao and Ari stations on the even-side of the road, open at 4 pm daily.

3  Thank Whirled_Traveler74