“Good location, nice hotel”
Review of Triple Two Silom

Triple Two Silom
Ranked #56 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights with my partner in January.

Splitting this hotel into the good and bad:

Good:
The hotel is modern, clean and well located near the sky train for travelling around Bangkok. There's a good number of bars, restaurants and night markets a few minutes walk from the hotel so you don't have to travel too far to have a nice evening out. That said, the hotel is also very quiet and you can’t hear any noise from outside.

The rooms themselves are large with big bathrooms and there is a very good breakfast buffet with wide selection.

Bad:

Elevator bell rings every time the door opens and can be heard right down the corridor into your room. I'm a light sleeper myself and on the first night I had to sleep with ear plugs. By the second night though, I’d become used to it. My partner's a heavy sleeper and commented that he had heard it one night.

There is no pool or gym in this hotel but you are allowed to use the pool and gym in their sister hotel next door. We didn't necessarily find this a problem but didn't feel like we could walk from our room in swimming shorts and robe across the way to the sister hotel, through their lobby and corridors to the pool area.

The pool itself has only a few hours of sunlight before it is left in the shade. (It's worth mentioning that we expected to use the pool a lot more when we booked this hotel. We thought we'd see sights in the day and relax by the pool in the afternoon / evening. We only used the pool twice and didn't feel like we were missing out. so i didn't really become an issue for us.)

Would I stay here again? Yes. Would I recommend it? Yes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Triple Two Silom

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My personal view is that this Hotel is a good place for budget travelers who want's a few nights at a clean hotel with good service close to Patpong, but still not in the middle of where it all goes down.

I stayed here for two weeks on business. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the staff is exceptionally friendly. At a first glance this hotel is really nice and situated strategically right in the center of the things you might want to see in Bangkok.

The few downsides were that the breakfast was too basic for a long stay and after a few days I started to miss the daylight in the room, as the blinds were always kept down and they were not designed to be opened easily. The few times I went to the pool area, shared with the Narai hotel, I only went for a quick dip, as the are is not really that nice to hang out in, at least not in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room pointing to the alley facing *away* from the sister hotel Narai, as the parking lot b...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and found this to be a very friendly and comfortable hotel in a good location. The staff were very helpful, the room spacious and clean and the buffet breakfasts excellent.
We also used the laundry service which was superb. We liked the fact that it was a small hotel and within walking distance of markets and restaurants.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here for the last two nights of our trip and had a very relaxing time. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good. The dvd collection was a lovely addition. The bathrooms were big and clean. The staff were very attentive. Shuttle bus to MBK Centre was very useful and it's only a 10 minute walk to the BTS station. The welcome drink at the bar was a very nice touch. The staff let us check in early (11am) however they weren't as understanding about checking out which we found slightly annoying as we weren't flying until midnight. It didn't matter though because they kept our bags and allowed us to sit in the lobby for a few hours until we had to leave. The extra nice thing about this hotel is that it is off the road so you are guaranteed a good nights sleep (which is rare in Bangkok). A good base for exploring the city.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Staying at the Triple Two Silom, Bangkok, Thailand was extemely comfortable, well situated, service excellent and great value. Also many thanks to the management who did not charge me for our first night accommodation due to BA's 24 hour delay because of "engine trouble". Will never fly with BA again, but will definately stay at Triple Two Silom the next time I'm in Bangkok. Thank you Triple Two, may you go from strength to strength.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here on both occasions we were in Bangkok as the rooms,Service, location were all so good the first time that on our last night before heading home it seemed silly not to return. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff friendly and the hotel only a short tuk-tuk taxi ride to siam square and within walking distance of good restaurants and markets.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

On my seventh visit to Bangkok I decided to stay at Triple Two mainly due to good reviews & close proximity to the nightlife in Patpong.
Due to an early morning flight arrival I was at the hotel at 9am (alot earlier than check-in would normally allow) however to my relief & surprise reception informed me that my room would be available in the next hour. A very good start to the day!
After a quick breakfast nearby I arrived back & as promised was shown to my room for what would be the next five nights.
On entering I was pleasantly surprised by the sheer size together with walk-in wardrobe, large bathroom, flat screen TV & DVD, basically a home fom home.
Onto breakfast which was a choice of buffet style & fried eggs, omelette, ham & bacon served by very attentive staff in rather pleasant surroundings.
My only criticsm of this hotel would be the swimming pool is located at Narai hotel, only next door however when the sun loungers are shared by two hotels getting a good 'spot' could be a problem.
To sum up the Triple two, great staff, great location & great rooms!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo