“average hotel”

The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #222 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 7, 2014

i have stay in many hotels in bkk, this hotel didn't shine above the rest even its a 5 star.
I had booked a luxury room, upon checked in they gave me a room different from what the photo suppose to be.
so I went down to change to another room. after being ask why I wanted to change. the front desk lady changed it, which is good. no complain on that.
breakfast was normal, but not up to a 5 star hotel should provide.
location is average only. after shopping at partunam market have to always cross overhead bridge. tiring.
if u always shop at platinum mall then grand diamond, novotel, amari Watergate is closer.
you could take a airport train and walk 10 mins to the hotel. not bad.
the shopping centre connected to Berkeley hotel is nothing. really nothing.
2nd floor got massage, B1 says got food court but its always close. so just use the shopping centre to cut through to the hotel.
food stalls outside hotel happens at evening. and a small pasa malam will also be there.
room service for ice cubes into your room will cost 69 baht.
service in hotel front desk is normal, they are busy all the time.
emailed the hotel a few days back before checkin to let them know that I will spending my birthday there, till now no reply from there.
at least they send a birthday cake into my room. which is a MUFFIN actually.
seriously this is a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: room facing baiyoke sky hotel is better. rooms the other side got a platform outside the window.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Overall, the hotel is average.

Pros: The rooms are big, spacious and new so no problem at all. Strategically located diagonally across platinum mall (just need to cross 2 roads). 10-15 mins walk to central world and siam paragon.

Cons: Concierge service was not responsive and it seems they are shorthanded.
For those in need of wifi, this hotel is not for you. I was there for 4D3N (5 Aug-8 Aug) and for the 4 days I was there, the wifi was not working for 3 of those days. We enquired several times and was told it was down due to provider issue and would be up the next day.... little do we know the service continued to be down for 3 consecutive days! tough luck.

Took a cab from airport to hotel and the driver didn't even know where this hotel is. He left us at platinum mall and we had to look for it ourselves. Advisable to print out the map and a picture of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank -0myhonestfeedback-
Reviewed August 6, 2014

1. We stayed at the main tower, very spacious and cozy room. Lots of walking space, with a large window overlooking the city area.
2. Check in and check out counter staffs are very effecient and friendly! but please note that a 4000 Baht deposit/ credit card have to be placed at counter during check in.
3. Was assigned a room at level 30, but the lift was slow, and we will take around 5 minutes to reach out level 30 room. Thus we requested to change it to a lower level room the next day.
4. Walking distance from shopping areas! Although not the most convenient, as we need to take a zebra crossing and overhead bridge from platinum mall to get back to our hotel.
5. Wifi in room is generally quite weak :(

Overall had a wonderful stay at Berkeley Hotel! :)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank strawberrie m
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Overall the hotel is good.
Location:
The hotel strategic location is an advantage when travel in free & easy way. Hotel lobby connected to Palladium shopping mall. Night market is just below the hotel. Do not set high expectation, especially the morning buffet - no surprise, served with same food everyday.

Room:
Rooms are big, spacious & clean. Bathroom hot water supply was not stable.

Service:
Some of the staff needs additional training, talk in unfriendly way. Must improve in communication skill & customer care.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Julia77fg
Reviewed August 3, 2014

the hotel is good.

Pros:
- newly renovated and rooms are big and spacious.
- Excellent buffet spread.
- Location is very good. just opp platinum mall and there is anight market just outside at night.

Cons.
- hotel is new. some of the staff needs some additional training. but generally very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank IvanPoh137
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This is an average hotel. The rooms are good, nothing special nothing bad. But the service is poor. I booked directly at the hotel because I don't eant to have a third company in between in case that I need to change something in the booking. I wanted to cancel the breakfast because it was disapointing for me. Then the hotel told me they sold my contract to another company! If I want to claim I have to contact them. I never heared of them before nor did I agree in having a contract with them. I don't know about Thailands law but in my country this is illegal. Beside of this the sink in our shower was jammed. After I complained about this a guy came to "fix" it. When he left again we had the hair of the last 200 guests spread over the whole bathroom and it seemed that it is my job to clean up. I complained again, the same guy came again an used all our towels to clean up rudimentary. Complained a third time to get back fresh towels. Again the same guy came and brought one of the dirty towels back. On the next day I wanted to take a shower but the bathroom got floded again imediatly. I went down to lobby again to get a new room. They told me we could have a smokers room which was not ok for me since my wife was pregnant. Then finaly the manager gave us an upgrade in a 'slightly' better room. Unfortunateley they didn't checked the room first before they gave it to us. When we came in the shower curtain with its whole holder was demolished lying on the floor and blocking the entrance to the bathroom. I got tired and just removed it and putted it byside. I won't book here again. My deposit payment is still not payed back! The next time I book a Thai hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great Hotel in a great Location for shopping and exploring Bangkok. Stayed in a luxury room on 70th floor of main tower and the rooms itself was fantastic, large luxury bed, stunning views across Bangkok, great luxury bathroom, superb air conditioning, massive large TV, clean towels every day, everything you need and more. I booked our rooms through Agoda.com and got a 55% early bird discount so this made the stay even sweeter. If you love your shopping and sightseeing this is a great base to start from. You have the largest shopping centre in Asia a couple of minute walk from the hotel and from there you can get the sky train to wherever in Bangkok you wants including my favourite MBK Shopping Mall!!!!!! I would definitely stay here again if coming back to Bangkok.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the views and spend a little extra and get the luxury rooms. Also, got...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business