“A very good hotel overall, friendly staff, good breakfast.”

The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #230 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Beijing, China
“A very good hotel overall, friendly staff, good breakfast.”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Main Tower, very convenient. Rooms are not as luxurious as in the photos but it is comfortable. The design of the shower makes it overflow every time which was quite messy. Close to lots of food and shops, good location. Infinity pool is pretty, not really big but enough for a midday dip. Buffet breakfast was a good way to start your day as the restaurant is on the 10th floor. Overall, a good hotel for the price. I asked for a higher floor and got 31, the view was nice. Hotel deposit was 1000 baht.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irisey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel lobby was mind-blowing. With magnificient gold statues and elaborated floral decoration. But don't get your expectations too high, esp if you are staying in the north (not main) wing.

North wing's reception area, was empty, and lack of air conditioning. But at least they indicated a hotline to call if you need help. But it doesn't feel welcoming at all.

the room we got initially wasn't very good. The TV was facing the toilet door, and the bed was facing the entrance. Toilet wasn't very clean as there were visible dirt stains. And the water from the shower pressure wasn't strong enough.

That night, we were not very impressed when we tried to call the room service to request for a bottle opener. We were manually diverted to the Kitchen department as the lobby staff said it was another section.I would think that it should be the Hotel's responsibility to sort the guest's request out, and not divert us from one place to another. And the staff who brought up the curtly reminded us to use it now if we want, as it was the only bottle opener in the whole hotel.

We requested for a change in the room which the staff obliged. The new room was much better, toilets less dirty and room orientation much better

Full review here:

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Thedancingjewels
Bdg
Reviewed July 6, 2014

A bunch of us recently stayed at this hotel a week ago. Those were myself, my wife, my folks, my sister and her husband plus 2 of their teenage kids.

The bad things that I encountered was the cleaning service person threw away my left over pizza that I bought the night before. Upon checked out, the lady at the receptionist desk insisted that I opened a bottled water in the fridge and they tried to charge me. The water bottle had a leaking lid that was why they thought it had been opened. Next thing they were checking my folks room and said the city maps have been ripped open and tried to charge me again even though my father said he and my mom never even touched them. When I asked what maps had been opened, she said the Russian language Bangkok map, obviously none of us spoke any Russian !! Which she eventually charged us for something we did not use.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank wellanas

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I recently had the pleasure to stay at this superb hotel in Bangkok...I have been staying at different hotels in Bangkok over the last 16 years (at least 16), from 3 to 5 stars,and i have now found a hotel that will get my business every time i go back to Thailand. It is very centrally situated in the shopping area of Bangkok,and easy to get there and from the Airport.The rooms are absolutely fantastic, and the staff is so friendly and helpful.I must mention the swimming pool,and of course the breakfast in the morning is wonderful.Did i mention the good rates, i just hope they keep it there.If i can give any advice to you out there...next time you want to book a hotel room in Bangkok...look no further than the Berkeley, Pratunam Hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a room in the main tower.....the north tower is a long walk away.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Eugene C
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

stayed for 4 nights back in Dec 2013. we chose the hotel based on it's proximity to some of the malls, affordability, other reviews and it being considerably new. room was nice, no complaints. but convenience wise, it still takes a bit of walking and it can get tiring after a long day. breakfast was above average. pool is unique. service is good too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank benjaminlai
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I was greeted with a smile and welcomed. Everyone was smiling and seemed happy, big and small. we felt really welcome from the first minute. The room was clean and nice, and the service top notch.the location is perfect, you have everything around you, the hotel is very beautiful, and the breakfast is superb and there is almost everything hjeret desires. The service was top notch. However, I would point out 3 things, fruit could be better, and the fridge did not work particularly well, and toothbrush, shampoo, etc., should be better for the price you deliver a deluxe corner suite on the 32 floor. otherwise excellent. 4 1/2 Star from me and my wife.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
Reviewed June 27, 2014

we stayed here 3 nights and the most important thing was.... the rooms were very quit... you could not hear no neighbours... great in a busy city like BKK. The service was friendly and professional. nice pool with towels...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends