“Miserable disappear Beer in the room”

and 1 more site!
The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #221 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights, compare with Baiyoke Sky it is not a 5 star hotel as rated by themselves. The hotel is a brand new hotel and they do have a big room but you have to walk for about 3min to reach your room since the whole hotel is not yet fully operate. Their receptionist need more training in check in and check out as they took quite some time for that process. The refrigerator in the room is not function well, however, the housekeeping refused to attend to solve the problem and claimed that everything just fine. When we check out, the hotel charged us a can of beer claimed that we have had the drink during our stay! It is so ridiculous, my friend and I definitely did not take any drinks that provided by them, but due to lack of prove, we still pay the payment to them. We are so disappointed with this kind of service, it sounds like we were being cheated though the payment is not big.
a piece of word for those who is staying this room, do check all the drinks that provided by your room during check in and make a record to avoid same incident happen on you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AutumnJING113

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is impressive, lots of marble, but still under construction, although no construction noise and discreetly masked. Obvious teething problems with this new property, new employees not fully trained, however, everyone was friendly and as helpful as they could be. The location is good. Close to lots of shopping and other activities. Good access to western food, if that is your choice, local cuisine on the streets everywhere around the hotel. Chit Lom BTS Sky Train is a 10 minute walk. No problem for me, could be a tough walk with heavy luggage. I usually choose small B&B's or local hotels but the deal for this 5 star hotel on Agoda was too good to miss. $61.50 [US] per night including all taxes. Rooms are typical of a 5 star hotel, clean, spacious, nicely appointed. Has a nice open air pool on the 11th floor, roof top style. Gym not yet open, disappointing for me. Overall it was a nice four night stay for the price I paid, definitely not worth regular 5 star room rates.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Trevor_C18
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Reception - I do feel that they should be better trained as they were not really professional. Yes, some were pleasant enough but they don't really make the 1st impression of the hotel a "Yes! I'm a valued guest and I'm glad I'm staying here!" one. In fact, I think the doormen and the various other staff at the hotel were much more helpful, cheerful and pleasant.

Room - I booked a family room and it was HUGE! The only other time I had such huge rooms was at Baiyoke Sky. We had a King and a Single. Lots of channels on TV. We all loved the toilet as it had a separate bath and shower. Room was clean though every time they cleaned our rooms they gave us different # of toiletries eg one day we'll have 2 shampoos and 3 showergels and another day we'll have 1 showergel and 3 shampoos. No issue but it just seemed weird.

The main draw of this hotel was the swimming pool. The kids loved it!

I did not have any problems changing lifts to get from the lobby to our rooms. The walkway was sheltered and airconed so no problem at all.

I do feel that the hotel needs to look into a bit of redesigning in the following area
1. Shower area - Even with the door shut tight, water flowed out into the toilet area so we had a permanently wet toilet.
2. Plugs in the room. 2 were hidden behind the huge mattress and the only way we could use it was to push the mattress out. Not very convenient. There were some plugs on the table but it was structured in such a way that the cover could not open totally so when we placed our adapter in, we could not put in additional plugs to charge our phones.
3. Swimming pool should have a drainage all around as water was going to waste. It was just flowing on the floor to the drains.

All in all, for the price I paid, I'm very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank icepeachtea
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights, definitely not a 5star rating hotel that was stated on Agoda website. Very misleading info. Staffs very inexperience and most time confused on what to do. Took a long time to check-in as one staff was attending to us and halfway through another one took over and the process start all over again asking the same questions. Do not ask concierge to get a taxi, will be charged double as those taxis do not want to use their meter. I guess some collaboration with the concierge staffs.

Room Tip: Request for a room in the first tower where the front desk are coz if you got assigned a room in the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Andy S
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Such an Amazing hotel, Huge even though the room wasnt all that big it was still very elegantly decorated. Staff are very nice and respectful and eager to help. Great price too, since it's just opened a month ago.

Room Tip: Higher floors take long to get to as there is a floor where you need to change towers, since the hot...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank asis001
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Location is just next to palladium shopping centre. It so new that taxi driver doesn't know the way. However the location is good.
Checked in was very slow. A lot of staff at counter but very unorganized. Took them at least 45mins to get a room.
We stayed at 17th floor. U need to take lift to 11th floor n change to 17th flr at another building. That's very troublesome.
Housekeeping was slow and at 5pm which is quite late. They even keep the towels and forgot to provide new towels.

Though its new hotel, most things were not ready. May not want to stay in this hotel again. I think there are other hotels better than this. Rooms were big.

Room Tip: Ask for main building room. It's too troublesome to walk to tower 2 .
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank traveller0070
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my family it took them 1 hour to check us in the hotel lazy staff. I feel that hotel staff has commission fixed with the taxis standing out side hotel and the taxi charge you two times the regular rates and will take you with out metre and hotel staff will insist you to go with them. The worst thing was that my son fell ill and i brought him back from the hospital they refuse to send spoon and glass to feed medicine to my baby and said that you will have to order something from menu if we want that. I called the duty manager instead if helping us he was also very rude and said that it is not our policy. When I told him that they should improve their system he told me that you take my own call if I want to stay in the hotel. My serious advise to the hotel owners that they should look into this seriously otherwise with a staff like this they will reuin their reputation and investments . I personally advise everyone think twice before going for this hotel. Not a child friendly hotel at all no courtesy to service child needs. I had put reviews for so many hotels worldwide during my such a long association with trip advisor but have never written such a bad review in any time before. Not worth a 5*.

• Stayed: July 2013