“Good quality at reasonable price”
Review of MOONRIVER by VJ

MOONRIVER by VJ
Ranked #75 of 460 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: MOON RIVER by VJ Tailors has been established since 1990 and has been regularly serving the expat community in Bangkok and regular business visitors to Thailand. At Moonriver's, we have our in-house tailors, so we can guarantee you full satisfaction. What distinguishes us from the competition is our hand stitched shoulders, sleeves,and button holes, giving you flexibility of your finished garments. We do not only make made to measure,but are confident of giving you a full bespoke experience. One of the largest selection of fabrics to suite all tastes and price range. Our motto is every satisfied client will get us a new recomendation.
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good quality at reasonable price”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Living between Yangon and Bangkok and I went there to make a suit and a few shirts. Quality is very good and they do not hesitate to make adjustments after the purchase, which is not the case for every tailors.

A good place to go.

Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

3 Thank Elbobo1981
MOONRIVER T, Manager at MOONRIVER by VJ, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hello Gabriel,
Thank you so much for your excellent riwiew. We appritiate your business and would like to stress that Tailoring is customising to the Clients wishes.
We at Moonriver will always Try our 100 % .

• Finnish first
Paris, France
“Perfect!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went to Moonriver by VJ with my friend shortly before our departure from Bangkok, and we had our suits on time, while the deadline was very short! the costumes are very good and the work is impeccable! I highly recommend this brand. In fact, I may go back on my next trip! I also advise you not to like me and do not you take the last moment. :)

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank Jean-Louis J
Hello Jean-Louis.
Thank you for your comments.
Normally we would like to atleast have enough time to get you the number of fittings required to make a quality finishing.
We also understand that sometimes our clients come in to Bangkok for a very short visit and want to make the most of their holiday/Business visit. Having our own tailors gives us the flexibility of priortizing work and we are in certain cases able to make the orders very quickly without compromising on the Quality.
Thanking you and Looking forward to your future visit with more time:)
Best regards
Vijay
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Tailor in bangkok by far!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had 1 week in bangkok to spare, I had heard a lot about where to get a good suit in bangkok and Moon River was recommended by a friend and was not disappointed! Like other reviews VJ himself is a wonderful chap and knew what to look for in a proper suit. after picking my fabric, I decided on 2 suits (cost about £295, $460) I only had to return once to have a fitting. Within 3 days the suits were ready and all I can say is wow! The perfect fit! If you come to bangkok, please do visit, you won't be disappointed at all. the only thing i regret about Moon River is that i did not find it sooner! VJ also has a website and delivers his suits and shirts to other countries, so I will definitely be ordering from London in the near future.

(In my own opinion the only way to find a good Tailor in Bangkok is to go to a place which does NOT have the employees outside telling you to come in for a $99 2 suit combo deal, these suits will last about 2 weeks max! With Moon River however this was not the case, so I knew I was in for a quality suit)

Also the shop is very easy to get too. It's just next to the Asok BTS station on the sukhumbit road.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Harry P
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great suits and excellent service.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I visited Moon River by VJ on recommendation of a friend. I had a gray suit and shirts made and all came out fantastically, best fitting suit I've ever bought. As a long term resident of Asia I have been to many tailors, including in Bangkok, VJ was by far the best in terms of quality of tailoring and service at price. VJ himself is very interesting to speak with and made the whole process very enjoyable. I will definitely be returning in the future.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Eric A
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceptional quality and value”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had three sport coats and a suit created. Vijay's measurements were exact so my clothes fit like they were made just for me, which of course, they were. Fabulous fabrics and worksmanship down to the last details. I feel like a star in my new threads! Moonriver is first rate.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Leo S
MOONRIVER T, Manager at MOONRIVER by VJ, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello Leo.
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate all your help making our business grow.
We at Moonriver have a strong belief that every satisfied client will in the future recommend us new client. I will soon be back in the US for my Fall collection road show and look forward to continue serving you along with your friends, family and colleagues.
Best regards