“Great food and poutine!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Snack Bar Bkk
Ranked #353 of 10,625 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Description: French Canadian own restaurant.OPEN FROM : Monday to Sunday 12pm to 12am.Chill out atmosphere and amazing western food at competitive price, snack bar bkk offer a wide range of Canadian, Lebanese and vegetarian food with daily Thai food specials, imported beers and wines. we also show ice hockey and other sports everyday.For any inquiries you can call us. Help us served you better by calling a head for direction or table booking as some nights it can be very busy. see you all soon for POUTINE and more.Thanks
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great food and poutine!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I love the food here. If you have never had Canadian poutine, treat yourself. French fries in cheesy gravy...delicious! Also try the falafel or their great home made burgers. Nice beers of wine. Go on treat yourself.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Cosmo2004

• Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good or bad?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I don't really know how to rate this place.
Firts of all the picture on TripAdvisor is a bit tricky: the place is not nice like in that pic.
I really expected something different. I went to try this restaurant just because the ranking and comments on TripAdvisor. Otherwise I would not have entered in such place.

I ordered an hamburger. It was not great but not even bad. I had better burgers in town but when you look at the price, 100 THB, you will see a good value for money.

I also ordered a dessert. Actually I was misleaded by the name on the board: I was expecting fried banana ice cream but they just gave fried banana topped with ice cream. It was not really well presented and it was an huge plate. But after trying that I liked so much that I cleaned the plate. After the initial disappointment I was surprisingly satisfied for the dessert.

If I will pass again in that area I might stop for an hamburger but I am not sure I will cross the city again just to go there to eat.

Recommended if you are looking for a budget meal.

Nevetheless, the kind and warm hospitality of the lady who runs/owns the place make the difference: she really makes you feel welcome and comfortable. Remarkable the fact tha the 3 people working there are all speaking a very good English and are all very kind.
Well done.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BaraneseDOC
new york
“Absolutely mediocre food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I'm sorry to have to give such a negative review to a restaurant run by such lovely and courteous women. The food is terrible- the worst falafel I've ever eaten in my life- the hummus tasted days old, the pita was some strange soft bread that was more like an afghan bread than a pita. The salad was wilted and inedible. It must be all the backpackers with munchies writing reviews, because I don't understand how anyone could enjoy the cuisine. Oh. And don't get me started on the french fries. For a place that advertises poutine- I would strongly suggest learning how to heat the oil so that the fries don't become a soggy mess. Great staff, but unfortunately I came to eat, not to exchange pleasantries.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sottovoce201
“Value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Great red curry, bad banana shake, courteous staff & excellent value for money!

Went there for lunch, the place attracts evening crowds, expats mostly.

Sydney, Australia
“Great food and extremely well priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Typically excellent Thai customer service and plenty of choice on the menu with both thai cuisine (several choices) along with middle eastern and american type cuisine. The price is SUPER CHEAP and the food was really nice I would definitely recommend it to anybody staying in the Khao San Road area.

Visited June 2014