“Great !”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Very freindly staff, great view and great drinks.

From the moment of entrance to the table the staff was so freindly and the service was very quick.

The enviroment was touching

BKKMS_Marriott, Director of Food & Beverage at Octave Rooftop Lounge and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Falhashimi

Warm Greeting from Octave Rooftop Lounge & Bar!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us great feedback with regards to your experience with us, We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your evening with us.
You will be pleased to know that we serve two for one drink promotion daily between 5pm to 8pm on our beautiful rooftop bar.

Your feedback is not only great testimony to our associate but will also serve as an inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards we are known for.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Octave again hopefully very soon.

Director of Food & Beverage

Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The setting was almost perfect, a pleasant temperature, a slight breeze, an amazing view, friendly staff and a few quiet drinks with a mate.

My only criticism was that I didn't find the seats that comfortable. Most had wooden backs and weren't all that conducive with relaxing back.

Otherwise it was a beautiful experience and I'll be sure to visit next time I'm in Bangkok.

1  Thank Paul S

Dear PaulS

Warm Greeting from Octave Rooftop Lounge & Bar!

You will be pleased to know that we serve two for one drink promotion daily between 5pm to 8pm on our beautiful rooftop bar, please note that on 45th level we do offer high back comfortable couch seating which can be applied on your next visit.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Was my 3rd time that I came here (04, Jan, 2014). I figured that the bar on the 48th floor was nice and the service we good enough that I thought of trying out the restaurant. Big mistake. It's amazing how one can downshift from very good to worst in just one try. I hate giving bad reviews and I take no comfort is reliving that experience, but it must be heard.

Let me just say, their website if not up to date. Menus and drink list had been changed to what I initially want to eat wasn't there. What ever price I see on the website is about 15% more of the cost. Price isn't really my issue as I have no problem paying as long as the food and service is in par. My wife and I missed our anniversary dinner at the end of last year so I figured I'll go dine somewhere nice, and casually. So we picked Octave Lounge and Bar on the 45th floor. Once we arrived, we were greeted nicely. Everything seems to begin pretty well. Once we were seated, we were handed with our menu. We couldn't see anything as it was very dark. I asked for a light, and they brought me on small flash light enough for one person, and so we took about 5 min to decide on our drinks. The hostess looks annoyed and then afterward ask if we would like to change seats to a more private location of the bar. I figured it would be fine since there was a big crowd around us at the time. We end up being put in the corner under a stairs where people wouldn't see us. Then the Hostess(male) whispers to me that next time please, no sandals. I'm wearing Fitflop for some 1 dollar sandals. Besides, the past 2 times that I've been on the rooftop bar, I had no problem. Also the table where we were originally seated are packed with Westerners wearing cheap sandals. So that lead me to think, that we were offered to move because we look like locals. Not the shoes. Anyhow we sat at the new place anyway since we just want to spent some time together. We then checked out the drink menu and food menu, realizing that they are not the same as what I saw on their website. So we went for a seafood platter, King crab, and fried calamari. Aside from having to dine while we use our iphone and take turns turning them on to dine the whole time, the food was just horrible. Calamari tasted decent, but the oil content is just crazy. King crap and the seafood platter...hmmm, let me do this one by one. 1) King crab a lone and the one in the platter is not fresh. Meat just melt in a powdery manner. 2) The Oysters, there are more water from the melted ice on the shell than the oysters itself. once the water is drained, the oysters shrink to the size of my thumb(I've never seen one that behaves this way). The tuna tatare, I don't even know what I ate...something soft and mucus like sauce. The sashimi, Tuna: dry...ok, very dry. Salmon: jelly like texture. California roll...very badly presented, the shrimp eggs covering the roll did not stick, and they fall apart. Sorry to say, but this looks like the stuff that I see at Big C or Tops supermarkets. For a chain from Marriott, this was unexpected. Snobbish service was expected, but bad food? It's bad enough that we were shoved in a corner where their staff walk out from. The bill comes to about 4,000 baht. For this price range I would have had a better quality at food chains and better service as well. It saddens me to see how customers are not treated equally here. I'm sure westerns will enjoy it here as they (especially the male hostess) took special care of foreigners here...still how could the food be so wrong? The only thing that was decent at this place is the waitress at where we were seated. She was attentive enough. Too bad we did not enjoy the design of the place...I guess I will never know because this will be my last time there.(period)

BKKMS_Marriott, Director of Restaurants at Octave Rooftop Lounge and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear JacksonWu1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback with regards to your experience with us, which obviously was not up to your expectation. We are equally dissappointed for the reason, please rest assured that all guests are equally treated and there is no descrimination based on any grounds. Octave does have a standard dress code which is no open shoes & sleev less attire for gents that is the reason you were advised for your next visit. Our chefs have taken a note of all the food remark mentioned which have been looked in to.

Do contact me at "suyash.kumar@marriott.com" for any further assistance I may provide I will be more than pleased to assist you personally. In Octave we treat all the guest feedback as a constructive tool to so that we can improve and achieve continued success.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Octave again very soon.

Best regards,
Suyash Kumar
Director of Restaurants

Reviewed January 1, 2014

THe Octave bar excels not only for the commanding views of the skyline, but as a large party that was dressed casually (but nicely), it was refreshing to be able to stop by for a few drinks and not feel underdressed or out of place.

Needless to say the views are quite impressive. The lower bar is on the 45th floor and the rooftop patio is on the 48th floor if memory serves me. An elevator to the 45th floor is followed by a change to another elevator to access the rooftop.

The lower level bar is designed for groups to sit together and the views are only available looking over the BTS and Suhkumvit. Whereas the rooftop level is more open and suitable for milling around while chairs and tables are organized around the edge of the rooftop area. DJs at both levels had a great playlist going. This bar gets high marks for a place to go as a couple or on a date. The ambience didn't seem to be very conducive to be considered a "meat market" setting. Still, the air was casual, though the drinks are pricey (195 baht for a Singha) so that will always screen a certain budget crowd away from the bar.

I'll definitely be back. A rooftop bar experience in BKK is a pretty essential part of the nightlife voyage through this dynamic city. After you tire of the hustle and bustle of Khao San Road or perhaps Soi 11; treat yourself to a relaxing break at Octave.

BKKMS_Marriott, Director of Food & Beverage at Octave Rooftop Lounge and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear RegionalRodie,

Warm Greeting from Octave Rooftop Lounge & Bar!

You will be pleased to know that we serve two for one drink promotion daily between 5pm to 8pm on our beautiful rooftop bar, We have also launched our new menu few days ago which is a must try.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very nice place, but service is lackadaisical and on a crowded night they fall badly behind orders. And on the floor just below the rooftop I was told flatly ''no service.'' ?? Then why have tables there? Have been there 4 times and that's really enough. There are other rooftop bars in Bangkok. The service staff at Red Sky are far better, more welcoming and switched on.

BKKMS_Marriott, Director of Restaurants at Octave Rooftop Lounge and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear tigerfire,

Greetings from Octave rooftop lounge & bar,

Thank you so much for taking your time to review, these feedbacks are valuable to us and also a tool which can be used to improve our guest's experience in future. We have taken a note of overall experience, we are terribly sorry as we did not match your expectation however I will look in to the incident personally and make sure we take it as a lesson to improve, all the issue you mentioned has been addressed. Please contact me directly at "suyash.kumar@marriott.com" in case I can be of any assistance to you.

Once again thank you for your feedback and looking forward to see you back in Octave hopefully very soon.

Best regards,