1,860 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathrooftop poolkhao san roadgrand palacegreat hotelsmall balconybars and restaurantsminute walkfree upgradestayed here for two nightstuk tuklovely roomthai massagewalking distanceair concouple of nightsthe hotel is clean
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely hotel! Very modern and well located. Lovely pool and clean spacious rooms. We appreciated the design of the superior room but felt the bathroom set up would only be suitable for a couple as you can see in the window into the shower. Really enjoyed starting off our Thailand trip here.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2018

Rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. The double spa bath is great. Location is perfect for all key downtown places - palace, temples, Khao San Rd etc. Staff are very nice indeed. The owners just need to change the awful name, which nearly put us off before we'd even booked (but I'm glad we did!).

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Chillax is in a good location for being near the action and busyness of Khao San road but set far enough away to be quieter and safer.

Rooms were clean and relatively modern and we obtained a decent rate through Expedia.

However, they market themselves as a luxury hotel and the non-discounted rates are certainly at this end of the scale. I feel they pull up short of achieving this level.

The main factor they are underachieving on is the customer service of the front desk team. In every interaction we had with them, they struggled to understand us - I would expect a higher level of English at a place like this. I could live with that though if the service was friendlier - but they would always jump to saying no as the first response. This was just for simple requests like leaving our bags there for a few hours after checkout or booking another night's stay after our flight was delayed. They didn't seem happy and their priority was the "rules" rather than providing good customer service. This is the vibe through the entire hotel.

Other little things let them down - Wifi was very patchy, towels were frayed and old, shower toiletries cheap and not restocked.

In short, if you get a good deal on the rate, then this is a quiet, clean and safe option for the Khao San area. However, if you want a true luxury stay then I would recommend trying somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Giraffeman
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Ugh, I don't know what else to say.... We had birds in our rooms and there was no door closing off the bathroom.
We were a bit shocked to learn that you can only have privacy going to the bathroom or showering by a non sound proof curtain. Soo.... staying here with a friend and even a boyfriend may be out of the question. How about a little privacy please??? We were 3 close GF's and we were at the end of our trip so all we could do was laugh about it at this point. haha. We got 2 twin beds and then paid extra for a rollaway. There is only room for 2 twins in one of their rooms, so what do they do?.... They come in our room " barefoot" and push the 2 twin beds together and then bring in the rollaway bed. So basically one Giant bed is for the 3 of us. It was my friend's turn to sleep in the rollaway, I felt so bad for her. The rollaway was the jankiest bed I've even seen. The Mattress wasn't even a mattress, it was a 2 inch hard foamed filled STAINED cushion over metal wire. It looked so disgusting that I offered to share my twin with my friend.
The one bad thing is they make you pay a 1000 baht deposit up check in, cash only. So if this is the end of your trip and you are trying to get rid of your money, this is not that best place for you. Did I mention the birds? The birds were either living in the walls or there was an actual hole in the the wall that led to the outside. No joke, it sounded like there was a window open with a birds nest directly outside when we walked in our room.
The few positives I will say about this hotel... The People were very nice who worked there and I though the location was pretty decent to get around the city, it's a short ride to the palace and the wat pho and there is a cheap market around the corner. If you see a South African guy walking up to you when you are lost near the hotel, don't listen to his recommendations. He led us to the worst restaurant ever. I believe that they get a finders fee for bringing "dumb tourists" to their establishments.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank jenncarrick
Reviewed July 11, 2018

We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay with in room jacuzzi. The staff were good and co-operative.The food joints outside the resort was the best thing with lots of seafood cooked on the spot.Not too expensive and couples will definitely enjoy.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple