Me and my wife spent 4 nights here during May and enjoyed the stay immensely.
As far as price goes you are going to be hard pressed finding anything else in this price range that has the same level of quality, I would say the level of quality is on par with hotels costing twice as much.
The hotels location puts it about 15 minutes taxi ride to some of the big Bangkok tourist attractions such as the imperial palace and Wat Arun which makes it a great location for a sightseeing visit. However the location is a bit of a trek from some of the big nightlife spots in Bangkok.
The rooms are very nice and seem to be catered to couples with master bedrooms that look straight into the shower and bath areas.
The hotel amenities where also top notch, the main restaurant serves a good variety of traditional Thai dishes as well as western dishes and it is all quite reasonably priced.
there is a rooftop pool with bar that has a great view of the city skyline.
The service is also top notch, the hotel has one or two taxis on standby for guests so we would just wander down to the lobby and tell the doorman where we wanted to go, he would then grab the cab for us and advise exactly how much it would cost.
full menu room service and poolside service was also available all hours so we could just have our meals brought to us by the pool.
So all in all we loved our time here and would definitely consider the hotel the next time we are in Bangkok.
So to review:
- Great value for money.
- Great service
- Great location for sightseeing.
- Great location for couples
- Not the best location for nightlife.
- Not the best hotel for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chillax resort features spacious accommodations with amazing views of Bangkok’s old town. Easily accessibility to various tourist attractions including; Khaosan road, Grand Palace and Golden Mount temple. The major shopping centers including Siam Paragon, MBK and Central world are just 5 Kms away from the property.Free WIFI along the property and the best fine dining restaurant makes it a great choice for many travelers. Every room in the property has a private Jacuzzi. Superbly furnished comfortable rooms are decorated with two interior designs; Modern Dark and Colonial Bright. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chillax Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.