“Chillax by name...”

London, United Kingdom
“Chillax by name...”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Chillax by nature.

Great rooms with comfy beds and our room included a hot tub!!

The rooftop swimming pool is a great bonus, especially after hot and sticky days exploring Bangkok.

The staff were friendly and the neighbourhood is safe.

Location is great. The right distance from Khao San road and away from it.

The breakfast is the reason it is not excellent. It wasn't that great for the extra money when you can get better for cheaper nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear John

Thank you for choosing to stay a Chillax Resort Bangkok and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments. Also thank you for your value comment regarding our breakfast. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have comment.

I trust we will have the opportuity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back..

Paisit Lojanakarn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bearsden, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Chillax is a good hotel in a good location at a good price. We stayed in a premier room which had a large bath tub facing the kingsize bed. The bathtub is open plan to the bedroom area and linked to the shower, whb and wc. There is a partial height glass door between the whb and shower therefore the toilet is semi open plan.
The hotel is in a quiet location but only a 5 min walk from Khosan Rd.
The rooftop pool is relaxing and quite small but very busy when you really want it at the end of a hectic day. Quiet in the morning.
Breakfast was typical of this standard of hotel. Overall I wouls stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in a premier room for a big bath tub.
1 Thank Gordon931
Dear Gordon

Thank you for your kind review. We are delight that you enjoyed your Premier luxurious guestroom,the hotel decor, roof top swimming pool and breakfast at Phranakhon Restaurant and the service provided to you by our staff. We take great pride in our location as we are stiuate in the old city of the most histories area.

We do hoe to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Chillax Resort Bangkok in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

It is very well located and well priced, the food although very good is very pricey. Guests seem to be allowed to bring other people to their rooms as it was very noisy in the room next door.
Service varied, at the restaurant it was superb, as it was the room service. However when I asked whether I could stay an extra night or if they could suggest alternative accommodation as my flight had been delayed the reception staff were abrupt and not very polite.

The rooms are nice although a bit strange, there is no privacy between the bedroom and the bathroom. It seems they cater to a specific demographic. I would come back but I don't think they deserve 4 stars or that the pricing is appropriate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Value Guest

Thank you for your choosing to stay at Chillax Resort Bangkok and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Thank you again for your value comment, I also would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed with our receptionist. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate step to correct any deficiencies.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and what a start to our trip. The hotel is set back from the Main Street but a good location to shops,restaurants you can walk to koh San road and also the grand palace easily, the hotel itself was spotlessly clean, very friendly staff with very good English and always keen to help. Our room was a deluxe with jacuzzi bath which was amazing. Very modern spacious and comfortable. The hotel had a roof top pool which was a bonus. After a long day of sightseeing great way to relax. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on breakfast. But overall great stay in Bangkok,hope to return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Value guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Chillax Resort Bangkok. I am very please to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay like a hidden gem in Bangkok.

Also I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team service, luxuries guestroom and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

I do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Chillax Resort Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We spent 4 nights on March. It was a great stay with great staff at Front Desk, Security Guard and Restaurant. The pool was also great at 6th floor. The food was nice. Unfortunately the was something leak on service in Housekeeping, our blanket cover was not changed for 4 nights stay, the shampoo and bath soap were not refilled. The others were cleaned very well, they took care perfectly. We will be back. Thanks for the great service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Value Guest

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions afte your stay with us at Chillax Resort Bangkok. I also would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed with our room maid. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Chillax Resort Bangkok in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at Chillax for two nights in early April and were happy with our decision. The place is new and in a great location (about a 10 minute walk from Kho San Road and 15 minute walk from the river ferry).

Pros: clean and well kept; secure; awesome rooftop pool; very friendly staff; LOCATION

Cons: walls are a bit thin, heard doors and people in the hall; no conditioner (just "Conditioning Shampoo"); A/C only turns on when you're in the room so it's a bit hot when you come in; restaurant food was passable but nothing special; shower water was scalding, we couldn't get the cold water to work

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jenny

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Chiilax Resort Bangkok and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comment, also thank you for your value comment We will taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the future, I look forward to welcome you back.

Prague
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Chillax Resort is a very nice hotel in a great location. You'll get to Khao San Rd. on foot in five minutes and it will take you about 10 - 15 minutes in a tuk tuk to get to the main temples. The rooms are large, cozy and very stylish. It's a very nice place to stay in Bangkok.

The only thing that did not make me too happy was the fact that tere was no wall dividing the bathroom from the bedroom, there was only a curtain. It's not a problem when you take a shower, but there are moments when you don't appreciate it unless you want to share everything with your partner... ;)

Despite it I highly recommend Chillax Resort.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Silvie

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Chillax Resort Bangkok. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to the Chillax Resort Bangkok in the near future.