“Awesome Hotel Ever!!”

Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor
Ranked #24 of 1,157 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
“Awesome Hotel Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Marriott Executive Apartment is worth to stay. The location is super closed to the BTS station. The one bedroom apartment is big with nice view. The service is nice but just a minor comments on the front desk staffs, the girls have a bit attitude. All the hotel facilitlies are brand new. Overall, it is a 5 stars hotel and again Marriott will never disappointed me. I will definately stay in to this hotel again and again....

Gerrit G, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Tez0922,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the hotel location, room size, nice view and hotel facilities.

And I am very sorry to hear your comment about the level of service from the front desk staff. I would like to assure you that this issue is taken very seriously and corrective measures are in process.

We are look forward to welcoming you on your future trips to the hotel hopefully very soon.

Gerrit Graef

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

In the main we are Marriott Brand advocates but our experience at Marriott Thong Lor has tainted that - we recently had a woeful experience at the Octave open air bar - from inexperienced staff, dirty cutlery and dirty glasses through to warm white wine being served and undercooked food - we did point out to management whilst on site and in writing - in return we had a junior representative from the f&b team come back with vague excuses - when challenged they gave up corresponding altogether ! Not a good taste in the mouth Marriott

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alina2012Bangkok
Dear Alina2012Bangkok,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor and I do apologize in regard the level of service, cleanliness and food quality at Octave. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel and I regret that this was the case. I would like to assure you that this issue raised by yourself was taken very seriously and the necessary and corrective measures have been extended.

Please give us another chance to prove that we do much better than now hopefully very soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

It's my 6th day of a 7 day stay. 3rd room. Upon check in my room was not available. So I was given a tiny room in the hotel portion of the building. Awoken at 8 or 9 A.M. to the sound of construction drills in the room above me. They eventually set of my rooms fire alarm. I was moved to an apartment later that day. It smelled. Woke up at 8 am to the smell of raw sewage/ammonia pouring out of the drains. It was horrific. My nose burned, my throat was irritated and the smell was similar to standing over a steaming hot sewage grate on the street. Moved to another room around 3 pm. Very tired. Haven't slept well...Everything is fine aside from the slight smell of a NYC public toilet. The stench seems to peak in the AM. It's my 6th day. Woke up to construction around 10-11 am. Finally stopped around 1. Decided to go back to sleep to try and catch up on some sleep around 3 JUST as the construction started up again. Room service ranges from exceptional to disgusting and inedible. I asked the front desk if they could comp me anything for my trouble. I was offered "Free Breakfast" in the lobby cafe. I really wanted to like this hotel but it's obvious that the construction was severely botched and the engineer behind the plumbing might as well have majored as a McDonalds fry cook. I wanted to stay for a month but I will be changing hotels. Seriously...free breakfast in the lobby cafe is all they offered for all the garbage I've had to put up with?

Room Tip: Higher floors have less sewage stink.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Squeeby S
Dear Squeeby S,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Please allow me to unreservedly apologize for any dissatisfaction you felt during your recent visit to our property. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel and I regret that this was the case.

Regarding to the smell interfere and the noisy from construction have been resolved and we wish to get your chance to try on our service again hopefully very soon.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Review Marriott Executive apartments Thong Lo 9/10
Room no 1915 from 2013-07-27 to 30th and room 1602 from 30th to 31st, no breakfast, non-smoking. Price: 75 USD per night, (yes this was a special offer.)
This is an excellent newly built hotel! The beds are exclusively cushy, however the bed in 9015 was too soft (which is rare in Thailand), but the bed in 1602 was perfect. The hotel and rooms are impeccably clean, the hotel staff is forthcoming and polite, with good English. No inner or outer disturbances, as the rooms are well isolated. (We did have a false fire alarm lasting 7 secs on a Monday morning though. Somebody pressed the wrong button I guess…).
The shower has excellent water pressure and warm water. The dual thermostat/AC made us able to have a slightly more chilled bedroom, as we like it. The security box is ok, though a bit on the small side. The TV has BBC, CNN and plenty of other English channels. The Electrolux washing machine and dryer did wonders for our dirty laundry. The kitchen and stove are totally usable with nice silver ware and plates. We didn’t cook though, as cooking for yourself in Thailand would be hubris.
We changed rooms because room 9015 smells like cigarette smoke, as someone in the hotel staff would smoke near the air intake, early in the morning and late at night! Therefore I wouldn’t recommend room 1915 to anyone. Room 1602 did not have this problem.
The hotel has an excellent gym and the sauna gives a lovely roast. Finnish people would love this! The pool is very good and long enough for anyone wanting to practice swimming in it.
The hotel has excellent location, very close to Thong Lo BTS. There’s also a Seven Eleven store very close by. Emporium and Gateway are just 1 station away (BTS). MBK/Siam Paragon is 6 stations away (BTS).
For anyone new to Bangkok I would recommend the Skytrain BTS as the best way of getting around, due to heavy traffic at most times and every day. I’ve had many moments in taxis cursing over why I didn’t take the BTS. Taking a taxi in Bangkok is doable at night time, but not recommended in daytime traffic.
The internet/Wi-Fi is slow!! I measured it to 3.51/0,4 Mbit/s by Bredbandskollen.se
The Wi-Fi is actually faster than the in room cabled so called “high speed” internet (0,99/0,28 Mbit/s)
Interesting about Marriot is that their Wi-Fi comes at a price, 670 THB for 24 hrs! Or, you can always join Marriott Rewards club for free and get Wi-Fi for free, but only for one device per room. Considering that the slow Wi-Fi that comes at a price, I’m lowering my rating substantially for this hotel. My point being that if they want to charge me for it, it should be a lot better than what I can get for a cup of coffee at Starbucks….Also staying at their Executive apartments would imply business for most people, at which the speed and quality of their Wi-Fi is totally unacceptable.
We didn’t dine in, so I can’t say anything about the hotels 2 restaurants, but the Skybar serves an excellent Thai Mojito.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn’t care about using the internet. We would likely come back to this otherwise wonderful hotel, should they fix this flaw.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mats_of_Sweden
Dear Mats_of_Sweden,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the room condition, room facilities, room cleanliness, great service from our staff, excellence water temperature and good hotel location.

And I am very sorry to hear that you have face the problem with the smell and Internet Wifi. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel. I would like to assure you that these issues are taken very seriously and corrective measures are in process.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed 2 Days / 1 Night with Family & Friends.

An excellent hotel. Good Service, very effecient staff.

Good Breakfast spread, with a variety of options catering to all regions / nationals.

Will surely go back.!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mats_of_Sweden,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and my team was able to provide a memorable experience during your stay.

We would love to have you back with us on your future trip hopefully very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've just spent 16 nights in the Marriott apartments and it is a fine new property. Location is terrific - close to the BTS & its link to the MRT, cabs are plentiful, and the nightlife/dining in Thonglor is great. Check-in with Abee was swift and it was great to be shown the property by someone who is so enthusiastic about his work. Staff were terrific throughout. The building is new and there were a couple of minor teething things that were dealt with quickly.
Beds are exceptionally comfortable, bathrooms terrific - the rain shower is addictive. Furnishings are comfortable and tasteful and the kitchen is very useable. One minor design thing, at least for someone working in the room, is the small dining table multi-tasks as a work space - OK for some but I would have preferred a dedicated workspace. That said, the staff found me an adjustable desk chair which made life much easier!
Great hotel - great people!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Duncan M,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the hotel location, level of service, room facilities and room condition. Your feedback not only endorse such belief and are great testimony to our associate but will also serve an inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which we are renowned.

And I do apologize for small dining table, I will take your comment as a case study and will try to improve as fast as we can.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit again hopefully very soon.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I loved this place. 5 star for £60 a night. well worth it. Two rooftop bars-absolutely stunning- went there every night. Food in bars and restaurants excellent (miniscule portions for 'surf and turf' on the 2nd floor- dont bother!!) but everything else fantastic. apartments are great, well designed with everything you could need.
Only complaint was the lifts which drove me insane. High tech and digital but just didnt work properly half the time. Why the necessitity to overcomplicate a lift I don't know.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank charlieboots2142
Dear charlieboots2142,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the Octave Bar (Rooftop bar), the District Grill & Bar Restaurant, room condition and well design.

And I do apologize for the Elevator issues. I would like to assure you that this issue is taken very seriously and corrective measures are in process.