“Exquisite”

Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Rennes, France
“Exquisite”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

With so many Italian restaurants in Asia, Appia is refreshingly authentic, a piece of Rome in Bangkok.
I went there with my hubby and our 8year old daughter. The food was cooked to perfection, from appetiser to dessert. My daughter even asked for a second serving of carrots which she's never done before considering that she's normally not too crazy about veggies,
I would highly recommend Appia to any one looking for delicious and delectable authentic Roman food, warm ambiance and great service.
Chef Paolo has done a great job of combining traditional with modern and elegance.
Appia has without a doubt become the hottest reservation in town and it is worth it.

• Visited December 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“Yummy And homely...”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I liked it!

A change from 'fine' dining yet good, honest and 'homely' cooking that's in a very comfortable (almost too dimly lit) setting... Roasted Pork was excellent!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank TheEmpireStrikesBack
Bangkok, Thailand
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was really excited about dinner at Appia tonight but it did not match up to the good reviews I have read! I was even a bit sad when my dull pasta dish arrived (I don't eat out that often!). The food was bland, the pasta was average, my agnolotti - 'folded raviolli' - was actually pretty terrible, the 'folded' parts of the pasta were really tough and chewy and the stuffing lacked seasoning. My friends 520baht crab pasta dish was bland too (I actually asked her if the 'fresh crab' was blended into the pasta when I couldn't see any crab at all on her plate, but she said it was just small pieces at the bottom.). The pate was good, but the mushroom salad starter was a cold dish of something obtainable at Villa Supermarket - it may have even been purchased from there? I was pretty disappointed now I reflect a few hours later. I also imagined a much more rustic venue/decor and felt the place was just very average. (Apologies to the manager) I'm not usually one to complain, I would never have sent the food back or anything but I felt i should write this one here. The choc torte dessert was pretty good - anything chocolate and creamy is good :) The place was packed though - maybe it's all about the meat and wine which we didn't have much of. That's probably it actually, go here to try the meats but go elsewhere for good pasta!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank amydevo
“Outstanding: Fresh, simple and high quality”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Dined here with friends. They were fully booked so we took a late table. Staff welcoming and knowledgable. The menu is not overwhelmingly big but is supplemented by a range of specials. The food is well prepared, with most dishes having only a few high quality ingredients (cherry tomato, goat's cheese and white anchovy salad) and simply presented. My porcetta was one thick delicious slice, presented on its own in the centre of the plate with a sprig of rosemary and a dollop of apple sauce. The homemade pasta my friends ordered was delicious too. I wish this restaurant was here when I loved in Bangkok. I'll be back.

1 Thank Sean R
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian food in Bangkok”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went on a Sunday with another couple. We started off conservatively and wound up ordering almost the entire menu over our three hour meal. Most impressed part? The CHEF was NOT THERE! It was his Thai staff doing the cooking. A recipe for disaster in Bangkok. But not this time. Hot came out hot, cold came out cold and everything was seasoned correctly. We took a chance with the chef on holiday but we were not disappointed. Hats off to the chef for training his staff so well. We didn't order any wine but ate almost the entire menu even four desserts. The Bill? Less than 6,000 Baht and we ate A LOT!

• Visited April 2014