“Excellent restaurant, But! ”

Cabana Garden Restaurant
Ranked #211 of 13,596 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Suan Luang
Description: Cabana Garden is your "go to" neighborhood restaurant. Enjoy international and Thai cuisine in the casual atmosphere of our cozy garden bistro or "order in" using our convenient delivery service. We feature nightly home-style specials and sizzling pizzas fresh from our wood-fired oven. Great food and good value are just around the corner at Cabana Garden.
Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to this restaurant for about 3 years. The pizza and other dishes have always been excellent, that is until my most recent and final visit.
Alain the owner is very professional, and when Alain is around everything is excellent. When Alain is not around, the current staff appear to be a bit lost and confused.

On my last visit, I invited two friends, the wine, food etc were excellent up until when I ordered a pizza. The pizza in this restaurant is normally supberb, however in this instance the dough especially at the bottom of the pizza, was very under cooked, which can happen anywhere.

I called the manager in order to request that she put the pizza back in the oven for a few minutes, and hoping to save face for her, I suggested that perhaps the oven was not hot enough, or had some problem.

To my astonishment, the manager insisted that the oven was fine and that my pizza was also fine. I then offered her a bite so that she could taste the under cooked dough for herself.

The manager then went into a huff, stuck her nose up in the air, and walked away never to return.

At first, I thought that perhaps she had some other urgent matter to attend to, but after 10 minutes and the fact that the other waitress did not appear to understand very much English, I ordered and paid the bill, and left my under cooked and un-eaten pizza on the table.

I am hopeful that this was a one off incident, as my feeling is that the pizza oven was not yet fully heated, and the staff would loose face by admitting it.

I wish Alain and his restaurant the best of luck for the future. I on the other hand, can not accept such rudeness, and will dine elsewhere in future.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank alavna

Reviewed November 1, 2018

This is a lovely little Italian restaurant hidden away in the alleys across from The BigC on On Nut. We were greeted immediately and our party of 5 were seated. Drinks were quickly served but nothing felt rushed. The owner made some recommendations and everything at the table was delicious - even our vegetarian friend was completely happy with his meal. As the evening wound down, we were treated to a glass of Lemoncello on the house. This is not at the street food price level but it is definitely a place you'll want to take your visitors. I will be a frequent customer!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Rather unusual. Garden & pond. Attentive staff.

Food pretty decent. Worth seeking out; not far from bots once you know where it is.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Love this resturant!! food are great.They always keep their standard high! service are really good too! they keep checking around to make sure that you are having a great time there.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Found on trip advisor. Great menu, I struggled to pick a favourite but was really pleased with my steak. Lovely staff and owner super welcoming. Wine was great which is a real treat in Thailand! Very reasonably priced. Unmissable! Only downside for me is that I found this the day before I go home or I would have brought all my friends here. Will be back in the summer for sure!

Date of visit: May 2018