“Honnestly my favorite in bagkok”

Sabye Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #339 of 728 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I went in Thailand 4st times and i stayed in many hotel, budget and like this one, a bit more expensive than budget one
The welcoming is very profesionnal, it's just a detail and cost nothing but they offert you a welcome drink, and, even if it's nothing it makes a first good impression.
The people in charge of the hotel are extremly professionnal and very discreet.

The room is also a good surprise with a large and extra confortable bed, a flat screen tv (but i'm not sure you need it in a city like bangkok), and a little fridge. A simple but nice decoration and a large bathroom with a good shower.
The corridor going to the room is also nice with a sweet music and some pieces of nice decorations too.

Really quiet room on a small non busy street, wich is a hit when you are in jetlag!!!

Regarding the sitution, this hotel is more than well located, as far from the noisy and horrible kao san road, reachable by bus or taxi, in a part of the city wich seems the same for a long time.

We spend 4 nights in this charming hotel and we decided to book it again for the end of our trip, next week by email with Tejasen, who are also very kind.
I'm pretty sure it will be very nice again!!

Thanks!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tanwasyn

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We suspect a 9-night stay was rewarded with an upgrade by the hotel. Nice! The room was double the size of other rooms and ever so roomy for spreading out. A nice long cushioned bench on the wall in our room meant suitcases could be off the floor and nicely opened for both of us – with not a bit of crowding. That was luxurious! The hotel is crafted from an interesting old factory building. We enjoyed art hung on the walls. The pleasant breakfast area is bordered with windows and greenery. A few more menu options for breakfast would have been welcome during our long stay, but most guests don’t stay that long. The owner and staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel is located in a little neighborhood about a 15 min. walk north of the Khao San shopping street. We liked the quiet neighborhood and the pleasant walks we took to get to where the “action” was.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beth_Joe_VA
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I wasn't going to write a review because I loved the area as well as the girl at the from desk I felt as if I would have loved to take her back to the U.S. with me.
I am writing because I feel I owe it to my fellow travelers to advise the that $400.00 was stolen from my bag. At first when I advised the staff they said they knew their people but I told them that I was older than them and that it is sad but we cant swear to anyone. The man who I originally told was either the Manager or Owner didn't really seem to react at all. I told my nice lady in the front and she also said it couldn't be. No one wants to think they know someone who would steel. I spoke with my daughter on the phone and we both felt that there would be no point in calling the police because there would be no way of proving it. I also blame myself for leaving my bag unlocked. I was not use to the 12hour time difference and was a little out of it. Never the less I once left a diamond ring out in a motel and it was there even after the cleaning people came and left. I am extremely precise about my record keeping, wrote down every little penny to keep track. I had been in Bangkok less than a week, hotels paid from the States and no way without buying anything but food did I spend $600.00. Two I exchanged. Believe me that it was stolen no matter what anyone would say. Please be careful. Instead of staying the two extra days that I was adding to my stay at Sabye I of course checked out. The only people in my room were the ones who cleaned. The reason I gave even two stars was as I said I loved the girl at the desk and the area otherwise it deserved nothing. I felt a sort of peace because I have learned to accept what I cant change, sad though, very. By the way the hotel is misrepresented because as I have read before the city view is a cement wall and the lobby is shabby and the rooms are very small. I felt is was very overpriced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank 123susan456
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were staying there for 3 nights in Sept 2013. The room and the bathroom were really nice, well furnished, clean, tv, fridge, air con. We found the hotel too far from everything (sightseeing, stalls, transportation). The neighbourhood was ugly and it was very difficult to get somewhere without using tuk tuk or taxi. Better stay somewhere in the city centre. The price (1300 baht/night) is also too high for this location (you get get sth on Khan San or nearby for a half of it and with swimming pool).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sylwia M
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I returned to Bangkok for a short holiday after working in Hong Kong for 2 months and was so pleased to have booked this place. Having previously stayed in the Sukhumvit area I was not keen to return. This area in contrast has charm and beauty, with streets of the more traditional Thai wooden housing. Very green, laid back, colourful, great street food on most corners. The hotel itself is pleasing to the senses and the staff struck me straight away as kind and welcoming - so nice in comparison to bigger more impersonal hotels. The beds - I stayed twice either side of a trip to the gulf of Thailand - are big and comfortable with fresh clean linen, slightly on the hard side, but that's my preference. I found the decor, the wood paneling and tiled floors, art and colours of the walls uplifting. The breakfast is simple but sufficient but I do feel that if they could make the breakfast a little more special (or wholesome) it would round the experience off nicely. Also, if they could clean or treat the areas of mold in the showers and provide bedside lamps it would be a great improvement. I stayed at five hotels during my trip to Thailand. Sabye was under half the price of all of the others and by far my favourite. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Inthethickofit79
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Booked a hotel for 3d 2n here with my friend to visit Bangkok. The hotel is located about 10 min outside Khao San Road and it was exactly what we wanted.

Location: Since it's away from downtown we really got a feel of local life here. We had breakfast everyday just a few steps from the hotel at this makeshift restaurant this nice old lady had. Highly suggest trying it--the food's authentic, delicious, and cheap! It was a 10min walk to Khao San Road and 2 min. to a main road for us to hail down a taxi/tuk tuk. Although the area seems a little shady, my friend and I (both of us girls) felt more than safe walking around at night. The locals/residents are friendly!The only issue is if you prefer taking public transportation (MRT/BTS), it's kind of far for that. But we didn't see it as an issue

Room: Room was nice and clean and pretty big, especially for what we paid. The restrooms were clean, a great size, and the shower was one of those "rainfall" showers. Had free and reliable wi-fi. The only negative? beds were a little hard but other than that I felt so unbelievably comfortable and safe in the room. The service more than made up for that.

Service: Here's where Sabye takes the cup! Possibly the best service I have ever received from an establishment. To the friendly greetings every time we came back, the free drinks upon arriving back at the hotel, to the genuine help with our travels. the staff frequently inquired our plans for the day to provide us with transportation details AND fare details. Helps a lot when tuks tuks ask you for a price to get somewhere. If you don't have anything in mind, they were always helpful on suggestions on what to do! The absolutely BEST part of the whole weekend's service was my last day. I had just gotten back from MBK and needed to get to SIam Niaret show. The lady at the desk was SO helpful. She had her friend find a safe taxi that would do meter and had her friend give the taxi driver instructions on where I needed to go. SO helpful.

So far one of my best experiences in South East Asia. Definitely will come back to Bangkok and definitely will stay with Sabye again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rooms are very large (especially for the price; outstanding compared to local competition), with high ceilings. We stayed in a superior room (#15) on the 1st floor. Bathroom: large, with a great rainfall shower and even a bath! Bed: white linen and a nicely firm mattress. Internet: fast and reliable, with WiFi routers lining the corridors on both floors. Aircon: adjustable and good power. Wall-mounted TVs, though sadly channels are limited to news (and we would have liked access to the HDMI port at the rear of the TV). Walls are solid and you don’t hear your neighbours. We paid upfront for breakfast, and fortunately Sabye provide a selection of fruit, cereals, toast, hot drinks and juices to accompany a breakfast (freshly cooked to order) consisting of eggs, ham and hot dogs. Very satisfying, it saved time each day by not having to go and look for breakfast at the eateries further towards Khao San / Rambuttri. Our only issue was that the maids, though well-mannered otherwise, would open the door to the room without knocking; despite complaints to reception after the first occasion, it happened again (though it seemed to be a training mistake rather than anything malicious). The owner and his wife hang around reception and are very helpful, as are the reception staff (all have good English). We booked 3 nights, however we extended our stay to 9 because it was such a comfortable and relaxing place to return to after a long day sightseeing, or to spend most of the day inside when we had to work online from our room (desk provided on request). We have stayed in budget accommodation in Khao San and Rambuttri several times in the past; after realising this area (Samsen 4 & 6) just over the canal offers a much quieter place to retreat to and an opportunity to live alongside Thai people outside of the main tourist environment, as well as much better accommodation for not much more expense, we will stay only in the Samsen area in future, and most likely stay at Sabye Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple