“Boeuf en croute”

Ranked #34 of 11,958 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: A place who mix good food and great atmosphere...
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Delicious boeuf en croute as usual. We started with the gratin scallop and that was great, we carry on with the boeuf and jp's salad( toast of foie gras, poached eggs, duck, parma ham ) .... we are waiting for the dessert: chocolate mousse... will be back.

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear farangnoi
Thanks a lot for your review and thanks again for coming back in JP restaurant
and share with the TA readers your good feeling
see you again and all the best
regards

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I came across JP french restaurant through TA when I was planning our trip to bangkok with my wife and I was immediately interested
What I experienced was everything that I was expecting and then some more. A quite location (maybe because it was 9pm) with a cozy setup away from the usual bustle of bangkok life (it is a 10 minute walk from Asok)
The owner is a gentleman who greeted us at the door and also took our order making sure that everything was perfect.
I ordered Beef Wellington (medium rare) while my wife ordered Spaghetti Seafood (with white wine garlic sauce) and both the dishes were perfection par excellence.
I will highly recommend this place if you want to experience amazing food and ambience (while not going too heavy on the purse)

This is one place I plan to visit everytime I am in Bangkok

1  Thank Ali T
jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Ali T

Thanks to you and your wife to visit us and try our food
Really happy to see that both of you enjoy it and thanks for sharing with TA readers
Also so glad to see that you''ll visit us again
my best regards to you and your wife

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Very nice food and good service. We will come back again. Owner is very kind and friendly. He make us feel impressive for the first time for French food. Nong Ying is a very good waitress, she advise about food a lot. Recommend you to try here.

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Rungmanee

Many thanks for coming and try french food for the first time in JP restaurant.and so happy that you and your friends you enjoy it
I see you like onion jam a lot,and all the dishes you choose,it was a nice evening and really hope to see you again
Thanks again
my best regards

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Visited JP's again last week. The restaurant was full, the atmosphere friendly and welcoming.
I had a nostalgic Tournedos Rossini, a flash back to the 70's, it was cooked to perfection. James had the Millefeuille Duck with Foie Gras, also excellent. A bottle of Côte du Rhone and Mousse au Chocolat to finish, which was the best tasted in Bangkok
JP has retained the combination of great French food served in a relaxed and friendly environment, when we stepped out into the rain we could have been in France.
It's become a regular destination.

1  Thank Henry5th
jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear Henry

Again many thanks for coming at JP restaurant and so happy to see that you enjoy again
As long as you come ,we'll try to do our best and improve every time
best regards to James
Thanks

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I visited JP French Restaurant last week. After reading about it on Trip Advisor we decided to give it a try. It's a small little place tucked away behind the humdrum of the main Sukhumvit road. The owner is a warm and courteous gentleman and he made the effort to seat us at a nice table on the mezzanine floor. The wine list is decent but they were out of stock on some of the options. We chose a nice Bordeaux which was actually quite good at a decent price. For starters we had Scallops and the Frog Legs. This was my first time trying Frog Legs and what a way to start! Absolutely brilliant dish. The scallops were also very fresh and tasty. For the mains we had JP's version of a Beef Wellington and the Duck Breast with Froie Gras. I ordered medium rare beef but it was cooked medium. Its actually very difficult to get the wellington right when its cooked inside a pastry. It was a tasty dish nonetheless and I enjoyed it. The Duck Breast was simply divine. If it was possible to squeeze the last bit of flavour off an entire duck on to a place, this would be the dish. It's an intense dish and not for the faint hearted but if you love duck, this dish is spectacular. Well done JP and we look forward to visiting again. My one recommendation would be for diners to book in advance. This is a small and very popular place.

1  Thank Shaker308
jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Skaker

Many thanks to you and your wife to came at JP restaurant and again, thanks ,for share your experience with the TA readers

really hope to see you again

my best regards

JP

Been to JP French Restaurant? Share your experiences!