“Service questionable!”

Ranked #17 of 11,378 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: A place who mix good food and great atmosphere...
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went along after all the great Trip Advisor comments hoping for a great evening. Even though the food was good, the service was very poor! Sullen wait staff who forgot orders and left JP to cover their tracks. It spoiled the evening. It's amazing how some Restuarants forget about the customer's needs! The lighting could be looked at in order to make it a more relaxed ambient experience.

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Sir,

first of all,thanks for coming to our place and choose JP french restaurant to celebrate your
birthday's wife , thanks also for help us to improve concerning the negatives point who ''spoiled'' your evening.

i remember very well the problem,the waitress forgot to order a wine house by glass and i do it myself when i came to your table to be sure everything was ok, i feel really sorry and i apologised again

Concerning the lightening,i really don't know how to manage,because some reviews from our valuable customers,mention also the light as perfect for this place...difficult to please everybody..

Many thanks again for coming and share your opinion,i appreciate, because ,good or bad it's always a matter of improve

best regards to you and your wife

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stumbled onto this place by chance and decided to have dinner there. Had the escargot, scallop, fettuccine with roquefort, cous cous royal and a iced nougat. Was glad that the chef could do the pasta without cream for us.

Overall, excellent food, excellent drinks, excellent service and best of all excellent people there. The experience made our day.

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Hao_sg

It's was really very pleasant to met you the other night and of course i'm glad that you appreciate our place
We sincerely hope to see you again at JP'S french restaurant and wish all the best for you

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent food, good presentation; decent wine list. Small place but makes one feel special if you have small party..However while the the food was good, the lunch menu was pretty uninspiring but dinner was good. The mains were very basic and felt like a token effort rather than an opportunity to impress you into returning for dinner.

3  Thank Stephan L
jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Stephan

Thank you for take time to write a review
and happy to see that you appreciate our diner time and menu
unfortunatly you seems to have deception for lunch and particulary the ''basics'' food we serve
but let me remember you the price...399 baths...who include
1 starter/ 3 choices
1 main dish/3 choices
1 dessert
1 cafe

Also,we change the differents dishes every 2 days and try to be different concerning the
taste and the products

i'm sure you can easily understand at this price we can't serve foie gras or lobster thermidor...
anyway,we'll try to improve the menus and hope you will try again

thanks again for sharing with us

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I'd my birthday dinner in my first visit in Bangkok. The food was good and I had tried the rib eye steak and spaghetti. I will truely recommend to french cuisine food lover. Also, i must thank for Jean of preparing a birthday cake for my dinner which make it memorable and unforgettable experience of staying in Bangkok. I would love to visit the restaurant again in my next visit at Bangkok.
Best regards,
Ella CHOW

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Ella

Thanks for your review and for your choise to come in JP's restaurant for your birthday
and of course you deserve a cake for this special occasion
Happy to see that the food was also good and hope to see you again
all the best

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Food was excellent and not overpriced. There was a good selection of wine and service was also excellent. I was worried it might be too dark like many similar restaurants but for me the lighting level was perfect as I like to see what I am eating and fully experience the decoer. I will definitely be going back

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Simon

Thanks for your review and really happy that you enjoy your visit
We 'll try to be even better for your next venue
all the best
regards
JP

Been to JP French Restaurant? Share your experiences!