“A little bit of Europe in Bangkok”

JP French Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 11,469 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: A place who mix good food and great atmosphere...
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went to JPs after reading all the positive reviews on Facebook. We weren't disappointed living here it was lovely to go somewhere that was a real European experience ( we love Bangkok but just sometimes its nice to escape!) it's a little difficult to find and quite small we were there early 6 pm by 7 it was full! The food was excellent and very well priced and the house Bordeaux at under 500 baht for half a litre was great value. We had a drink first and a chat with the charming Jeanne Pierre we were given small appetisers and fresh French bread and butter delicious. In typical French style the food does not come quickly but this is very much the French way a long leisurely meal and drinks if you want speed this is not the place. But the appetisers and bread kept us happy and the wait was worth it. Great ambience and value for money. Only negative is would have preferred the lighting to be a little more subtle was too bright.

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hi Reid

Many thanks for your comments and really happy that you enjoy the place
i noticed about the lightening and you are right...i will fix this and the next time
it will be more ''romantic''
Again thanks a lot and see you soon

BEST REGARDS

JP

PS: JP means Jean-Pierre.... (my wife can confirm you... ahahahah)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Place is small but comfortable and cosy, the owner always shares a friendly chat with the client. Even if he does not know you, you will have some common friends. Only lady gaga may have more facebook connections than him.
However, the real amazing thing about this restaurant is the value for money. Where food prices have been steadily rising throughout Bangkok while the food quality was declining, at JP restaurant you will find reasonable prices, all net which is exceptional in Bangkok and great food.

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Erwan

many thanks for your nice comments
really happy that you enjoy the place and it's true for lady gaga and maybe Justin Bieber also, but that's all
hope to see you again and once more,thank you

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had been eating Asian food for some time and decided I needed a break. I found this restaurant on Tripadvisor. I enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the value. One can pay big prices in Bangkok for French style food. Here it is reasonably priced. The food style is what one might have at home - comfortable, satisfying. Well worth a visit. I will be back.
I noticed on the wine menu that one can take a bottle of wine to the restaurant and pay a fee.
This restaurant is hard to find. Start with the map on their website. It is useless to mention the school as suggested. I tried five taxi drivers who were only a kilometre away and no-one knew it. My suggestion: get a taxi to take you to soi 31. Drive down until you see a two way street on your left (about 500 metres). That is the street on the map. Follow it, turn right, turn left and you are there!

Dear Derek

Thanks a lot Derek for your nice review and also for your explanation on the map
the best way ,when you come by taxi, is to give him the phone and so he can talk to my waitress
who will explain to him
''merci beaucoup et a bientot''

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I want to go to this restaurant because of the reviews from Tripadvisor. A bit difficult to find but worth it. We went for a small celebration. Staff are friendly. The bread with butter, while we wait, tell me that the food should be good. Lobster bisque is good. Foie gras is a must. They are the best in town. With combination of crispy bread, foie gras, peach, and raspberry sauce. It really please my mouth. Cote DE Boeuf, medium cook, is the second disc that we enjoyed. Rib eye, medium, is so so. Beef tenderloin from other reviewer is the heaven, but our tenderloin was mediocre. So it was not melted in our tongue. I like variety of complimentary steak sauces | pepper sauce,red wine sauce, mushroom sauce. I took a bottle of Pommard. The corkage fee was 300 bath. Another bottle we ordered was Belleruche Cotes du rhone 1650 bath. It was good.

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Khun Chad

Really happy to see that you enjoy the food,and many thanks for your nice review
I will do my best for the next time that you'll enjoy the tenderloin as well,because it's really a must in our australian beef
Many thanks again and hope to see again

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Friendly and accommodating restaurant.
I enjoyed the reception by the boss.
Friendly.
you felt at home.
Great food.
efficient service.
we enjoyed every piece of it.
lovely, and cosy atmoshphere.

Dear cdefaria
Many thanks for your nice review and really happy that you enjoy JP french restaurant
it was a pleasure to serve you and make you enjoy with the food
Hope to see you again