“Delightfully delish!”

Ranked #35 of 12,102 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: A place who mix good food and great atmosphere...
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Eating again there tonite if can get a booking! Love the foie gras .... Pasta and potatoe gratin ... Good selection of frech wine ... Can not wait to try the rest of the menu. Also very attentive service ... Feels like a small neighborhood very french bistro in the latin quarter of Paris!

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Tersky

Many thanks for your comments and really happy that you enjoy in JP'S
We try everytime our best and we'll try to do even better the next time you come
Thanks again
regards

Reviewed July 6, 2013

In BKK for a couple of weeks and a little French was a fine idea for solo dining on a Saturday night. Rang the restaurant and told there was room but maybe at the bar. No problem with that as it's the lot of a solo traveller. Showered and grabbed a cab across town. The restaurant is 100m from the Eugenia Hotel which is a useful landmark for a taxi. On arrival a gentleman, presumably the owner, was in the doorway and he told me it was full. I mentioned I'd rung earlier - that prompted apologies but little in the way of progress. I was given a glimpse through the door to assure me it was busy though I could see at least an empty chair on the mezzanine- maybe a table, maybe not - and space at the bar.The place doesn't do mood lighting.I felt a bit like a nun trying to get into a knocking shop and I was assured I wouldn't like dining at the bar - oddly enough this is a decision I'd prefer to make myself. I asked about other reasonable locals and was told of another place 'Le point zinc' or similar nearby-directions were a vague hand gesture. In my rather extensive eating experience when a restaurant screws up there are a couple of options that include 1. finding a table and smiling a bit 2. suggesting you wait at the bar until a table is free or 3. the bums rush out the door. I think I got a polite version of 3. Le Point Zinc or whatever had 3 diners and looked rather depressing for 9pm on a Saturday, so I went to Plan C and had a good meal at Le Bouchon on Patpong 2 (some miles away) which was hospitable.

4  Thank Duncan M
jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Duncan

as i said to you last night,i was so sorry and really it was no seat at all and already at least 6 people are waiting for a table
When you arrive ,i was at the door with 3 or four people for a cigarette,and the free seats at the bar were already occupied by these guys who smocked outside.I was really very embarassed and the place was sincerely full,the small table on the mezzanine also was out of order because she was there for helping the service ( glasses,bottle,plate...) for a group upstair.
I don't think i was rude or proud of that,it's not my style but very embarassed for you as i said to you last night,because i don't like people are coming for nothing and it's truly annoying for me..
I tried to guide you to another place but ,as you can read,my english is not perfect and maybe i don't do enough,sorry
Anyway,i would like to invite you to have a diner at the day of your convenence,and forget together this unfortunate evening
Once again,Mr Duncan,i am really sorry for last night
Hope to see you soon
best regards
JP
jpdebkk@gmail.com

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am taking my clients here this week after another superb steam at JP's. It's very good value for money and no wonder everyone in the city is talking about this restaurant!!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

JP Restaurant is a great address, from the quality of food served to the attentive and friendly service, you will not regret any minute you spent there. Warmly welcome by the owner, they will then guide you trough the extensive menu. The cote the boeuf, the celeriac remoulade, the terrine and cheese selection are just perfect. The meal was completed by a very nice and well priced wine selection. We will definitely be back. Thank you JP.

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

dear mistaQ

thanks a lot for your review and happy ypu appreciate JP restaurant
hope to see you again and will do our best to do the same and even better
regards
JP

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

During my 5 day visit in Bangkok this time, I came here twice. It has lovely ambience with personal touch of attention from Jacques. This is a must visit restaurant for every tourist. Food is great.