“Amazing atmosphere and food”
Review of Ranee's Restaurant

Ranee's Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 11,174 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, Thai, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Absolutely love this place. I have been with my partner and friends on a number of occasions and we always have a great time. The food is always amazing, you can taste that it is fresh pasta and the pizzas are well worth it. The beer is cheaper than places on Khao Sahn/Soi Rambuttri and there are no people to interrupt your meal selling you things. I am a wine drinker and when you live in Bangkok you get used to drinking the same wine in most places but here they have lovely wine and a perfect atmosphere to drink it in. If you want a nice meal/drink in this area without all the hectic goings on of Khao Sahn then I highly recommend this place. Also, another shout out for the Spinach and Ricotta cheese spring rolls - mmmmmmm. :)

There are newer reviews for Ranee's Restaurant

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The food is very good there. I had a salad and a curry which were delicious. Although the fruit shakes are way too watery, like everywhere else too. It's a really relaxed place with nice wooden furniture and a wide array of sitting possibilities. The staff is friendly, though the manager was not the friendliest from time to time. They play nice music and even have an wood oven for their pizzas. The prices are quite expensive to what I normally was used to pay.

1  Thank jc_silver
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I came here because there were such great reviews on Tripadvisor. I was so excited about this place. The first thing I noticed were the prices on the menu. It does cost a bit more than other restaurants in the area. But I did like how it is a little bit hidden down an alley way. It is very quiet which is also a huge plus for the Koh San area.

We ordered the 1/2 litre of red wine at 280THB. Unfortunately this was my first disappointment. Now I love my wine and know quite a bit about it (especially red). The wine we had was watered down. Perhaps this was intended to help them gain more money off the customers? Honestly, I would have paid the same amount for a smaller amount without the water.

My boyfriend had the hamburger for 110THB which is quite cheap. But when they brought the burger out, the beef patty was the frozen type. I know this because I was once a college student and we used to live off these frozen patties :p. I guess you can't complain for that price though.

I ordered a cheaper dish as well - the vegetable lasagna at 210THB. It was horrible. I cannot believe they can say their food is authentic when it is far from it. The bottom had a lot of phyllo dough (not even the big noodles they use for real lasagna). The worst part was that it was burnt and therefore extremely hard. I wasn't provided a knife so I borrowed my boyfriend's butter knife which would not cut through it. It was also covered in so much cheese and butter.

Sorry to say this place was a huge fail in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Ranee2013, Owner at Ranee's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Your criticisms are dually noted as we always aim to improve and sustain level of excellence, thank you. I will also like to add that we do NOT partake in such unethical behavior as diluting the wine as suggested. It is an Italian Cabinet Sauvignon and have it on the menu for more than a year and not had any complaint about it till now. We do hope to see you in future again.
Best regards.
The Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We always come here for the best curry in Thailand!! Love the fact that they call themselves a velo restaurant. The owner is a cool fixie guy aswell. We bought ourselves two ranee's shirts to promote the restaurant. Gonna tell everyone at home to stop here. If you are in Bangkok don't miss the chance to go to Ranee's! I'm a fan already ;)

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Had a lovely dinner at Ranee's. The ambiance is just perfect. And the food...if you decide to go for thai food, it' s all good. And the pasta's(all made fresh) and pizza's from the woodoven are just delicious. I am in bangkok very often, and Ranee's is always on my list of places to go

2  Thank Connie O