“excellent food,amaizing owner, a MUST place to visit in bangkok” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vietnamese and more

Vietnamese and more
Ranked #404 of 10,625 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food,amaizing owner, a MUST place to visit in bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

First, getting there is a bit tricky so better write down the phone number and let the taxi driver talk to them.
The place is super clean and the food is excellent, but above all the couple who own the restaurant is so nice and caring and make the experience unique and different.
I found out that I've lost my credit card when we got there and had just about 500 baht, the nice man sat us down for a meal and told us to eat as much as we would like and not to worry about the bill. we had a soplendid meal and in the end he took us only 300 baht so we would have some money to get by with and walked us to the MRT station. amazing.
Better not miss that one. Enjoy

1 Thank shirlymoster

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
HCMC
“Find some Vietnam in Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

A friend of my family recommended “Vietnam and more” for me when he knew we would visit Thailand. I found it a really great restaurant with amazing Vietnamese food and services.
Although it was a bit far from my hotel but everyone in my family felt it is not the waste at all.
The service was quite good. We were quickly served a tasty Pho Bo with tender beef. Beside that, the sandwiches were also a good option.
One more impressive thing was that the staff here could speak a variaty of languages even Vietnamese, which helped my parent in easy communication. I love it, really love it.
This it a must-be in Thailand.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank marcus_huu555
San Jose, California
“Good food at great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Even though the restaurant was hard to find, food was great with excellent service. With 4 different languages, the owner had no problem to communicate to customers.

2 Thank Quan2
New York City
“GREAT Vietnamese in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Wow, This restaurant was a surprise. It is located to the left of the main entrance of the Monterey Condominium building towards the bottom of Soi 16. It is across from the Queen Sirikit convention center and back two blocks. It is in a house and the decor is simple and clean with maybe 10 tables....

Then the food came and we were in heaven. I had the thick noodle soup which was delicious. We tried the fresh fish special of Tilapia and I thought I could be eating in a NYC restaurant right now.....for $6!!!! unbelievable, with fresh flavours and ingredients. Spring rolls, hot fresh and fried, were delicious and the PHO was impressive in a wonderful Broth. We all shared.

If you can find it, this place is a real find....very special with wonderful food. I will be back shortly and will add this restaurant to my favourite list in Bangkok. it was that good. Also, the owners work there and are lovely. I think it is important to support owner operated business these days.

Enjoy, and my suggestion is to order everything on the menu and share! Easy to do as the prices are between 70-180 Thai Baht per dish. A STEAL.. Cheers!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NYCshopper
“Amazing food in a strange location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Hidden away in small soi near Monterey Place you enter this home style restaurant. The owners are very friendly as if they invited you over to their home for dinner. I took my friend from Hong Kong and we both agreed that it was the best vietnamese food we had in Bkk or Hkg. The Pho had an awesome broth - i recommend the beef. The beef stew was equally as good and fresh crispy baguette was just perfect for dipping. Freshly made lemonade and went home feeling fresh, healthy and full - will def be back to try more dishes.

• Visited August 2013