“Great Experience”

Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit
Ranked #47 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and absolutely enjoyed it. The hotel staff are wonderful and very professional but at the Exec lounge the staff there take it up a notch. The guys in the Exec lounge go out of there way to cater to your needs and they are very personable. I am looking forward to my next visit and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Also, the free breakfast and dinner was another unexpected surrprise.

Room Tip: Get into the Executive levels. You have a great view of the city and free Breakfast and dinner at th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
BKKMS_Marriott, General Manager at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Adegorusi A,

Thank you very much for your great feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and my team was able to provide a memorable experience during your stay.

We would love to have you back with us on your future trip.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed several times at this hotel during Jan and Feb 2014.

+ very friendly staff, from greeting at the door to reception, check-in, fitness and pool area...
+ stylish and modern rooms, nice view
+ fantastic roof top bar on three levels with 360 view over the city
+ great breakfast buffet, fast WiFi, nice pool area and gym on the 7th floor
+ good location, next to Thong Lo station, vey easy to get around town with sky train

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank regor_p

Dear regor_p,

It is with much pleasure to see the review you have kindly posted on this forum and I like to thank you for recommending the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit as the great place to stay in Bangkok.

It is gratifying to note that you have come to appreciate the consistently high service standards at the hotel.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon again and sending you very best regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I had the opportunity to spend 2 nights at the Bangkok Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 57 the week before the Lunar New Year.While the staff were friendly enough, they were poorly trained and uninformed. It took ages to check in and I was told by the front desk that if I was a member, I would be able to use the room wifi for free. As I was unsure if I was already a member, he said that it would be alright if I joined membership at the end of my stay. At the end of my stay, I was told that to enjoy the free wifi, I would have to sign up at the start of my stay and there was nothing I could do at the end of my stay. So I had to pay for the wifi!

My colleague left a message for me at the 1st night to inform me of the location of our planned dinner. Right up till I checked out, I had not received the note!

This is definitely below my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sally L

Dear Sally L,

Warm Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for your feedback and I do apologize for the inconvenience cause in regard the level of service. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel. These issues are taken very seriously and corrective measures are in process.

We are look forward to welcoming you on your future trips to the hotel hopefully very soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

stayed for one night in Feb 2014. I am very impressed with the quality of the room. The lobby is beautiful as well. Very close to the Sky Train and it is in a prime downtown location. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank the_last_stranger

Dear the_last_stranger,

Warm Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for your review, recommending the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit for the room condition, hotel decoration and hotel location. We are very happy to hear this and we wish to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We did a weekend getaway to Bangkok and spent two nights here. Every bit of it truly was the Marriott experience. From the front desk receptionists, the porter to the concierges - everybody delivered excellent service with a big smile. They looked like they really enjoyed what they were doing and were always so obliging and helpful.

We had a great time lounging around the rooms that were kept spick and span too. Location wise, it is convenient with massages and little eateries just walking distance. All cheap and good!

Having stayed in many Marriotts around the world, we both agreed that this was definitely one of the best, in terms of service. Thanks for the extra touches! We can't wait to be back ;)

Room Tip: We had a room on Level 37. Excellent view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank C-J-Robs

Dear Jace-Chris,

Thank you for your review, recommending the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit for the service excellence and hotel location.

All associates at the hotel are happy to take care of guests as they know that a satisfied customer will return to the hotel again and again.

I do hope that you will be able and stay at the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit again as well in the near future, should you return to Bangkok during one of your upcoming trips.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

After our so-so experience in Rayong (see my review) it was such a relief to meet the usual Marriott standards at brand new Marriott Sukhumvit! The hotel is a wonderful and luxury business lodging. Beautiful rooms with stunning views over the city, great executive lounge with quality food all day around, opulet lobby, incredible staff - all associates were smart, spoke good English and they had an incredible hospitality training - and all of them (women and men) were good looking!
The location is good since the Skytrain is steps from the hotel, but for those who want to spend (a lot of) time at BKK's malls like Siam Paragon, MBK and Central I would suggest staying at better located Renaissance.
I would for sure be back at Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Francesca-DM

Dear Francesca-DM,

Warm Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback on TripAdvisor. Your feedback not only endorse such belief and are great testimony to our associate but will also serve an inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which we are renowned.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Had 3 days at Marriot in january and it was a excellent experience.
We upgraded the room to Excutive rooms with access to Executive lounge. It was a nice, but VERY cold lounge. The AC could maybe be a bit warmer ;-) Well, it was open from 0600 to 2300 and served different dishes, drinks and snacks.

The room was ok sized, with nice view, free wifi, minibar and big bathroom with a bathtub with cityview. Nice!

The spa, pool and gym-area was also very good.

At the 3 topfloors its a restaurants and bars. Very very nice view over the city.

This is a toprated hotel, I have been staying at different hotels in Bangkok and this is one of the best. Very good service. The location a bit far from centre.. (but what is centre in bkk?) but its only 100 metres to walk to Skytrain-station. No problem.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Runjarr

Dear Runjarr,

Thank you very much for your great feedback on TripAdvisor.

We would love to have you back with us on your future trip.