“A great experience!”

Ranked #45 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“A great experience!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

From the gym to the restaurant to the rooms i give them all a thumbs up. Its a new hotel at a perfect location near the Thonglor area. I really enjoyed my stay and my trip was made better after i visited the sky bar (The Octave). The cleanliness is great and the beauty of the view from the sky bar is second to none. A true value for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gerrit G, General Manager at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Parinthorn M,

Thank you very much for your great feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and this feedback will endorse such belief and are great testimony to our associates.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit hopefully very soon.

Gerrit Graef

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Although only 6 months new, this Marriott certainly strikes me as a very well planned and organised hotel. From the very courteous bellhops who greet you with the quintessential 'wai', to the modern take on traditional Thai clothing, this Marriott most certainly lives up to all of its hype as seen on its Instagram and Facebook pages. Front office staff were hard at work and presented themselves very well - friendly with a keen sense of professionalism, and not to mention good looking (which of course is a bonus). Then there are their range of F&B outlets which fulfilled my expectations of a Marriott - the Octave Bar should count as one of your experiences in Bangkok. I also like the cakes at The Chocolate Cake Company (think they abbreviated it to 'Chocaco'). Even the lifts of this hotel ooze the 'cool' factor from its touch-screen panels to its high ceiling reminiscent of art deco building lifts.

Breakfast was substantial as it is sumptuous, from a generous spread of the usual Western-style breakfast offerings to an overwhelming selection of Asian food from hot soy milk to North Indian cuisine. Wait staff were prompt with clearing tables and were also attentive in ensuring guests savoured their breakfast.

I also enjoyed the room from its high pillow-topped bedding to a fine selection of tea complemented by a French press for coffee (yes, it is ground coffee). The Samsung Smart TV, on the other hand, should be fully exploited for its features such as integrating Internet access into the TV.

The bathroom amenities afforded by Aromatherapy Essentials are of good quality and the view from the large round bathtub is certainly an unexpected feature.

All-in-all, a premium, well-managed and well-organised hotel with great staff. I must commend the Resident Manager who is always on her feet ensuring that guests are taken care of. I chanced on her again on my departure day and she was decked out in her casual garb which clearly showed her dedication to her work even on her day off.

I also appreciated that the hotel is located in Thong Lor, just a few BTS stops away from Siam Centre, and within a rather affluent residential district which afforded a whole range of dining options from traditional Thai cuisine to tasty Thai-Chinese roast meats and authentic Japanese Ramen and Korean barbecue.

Thanks again Marriott for an excellent stay. This Bangkok property has definitely elevated my opinion and perspective of Marriott as a brand and I look forward to many of such rejuvenating experiences with you.

p.s. I particularly enjoyed watching the well put-together brand video which aired in the lift.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EgoTripper
Dear Ego Tripper,

Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback of every parts in the hotel such as bellboy, front office, F&B outlets, Octave Bar, Chocolate Cake Company (CCOO), hotel elevator, room facilities, bathroom amenities, level of service and hotel location. We are very proud to know that we were made you satisfied during your stay with us and we will deliver our best service to you again on your next stay with us.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The brand new hotel in the center of Bangkok. A big complex is just 3 minutes walk from the hotel. We enjoyed the movies, restaurants, and bowling at this complex. The hotel staff is very friendly and service is just outstanding. Felt like a VIP.
The Octave restaurant on roof top of the hotel is just WOW! Food was very good. We will definitely come back on our next trip

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mariam A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the hotel location, level of service and Octave Rooftop Lounge & Bar. This feedback is endorse such belief and are great testimony to our associates and serve an inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which we are renowned.

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. This is a brand new hotel and obviously everything is still in great condition. The room are very modern and nice. The beds are comfortable and i had great night sleep. The bathroom is clean and excellent.
The lobby is grand and very modern looking too.
The location of the hotel is about 5 minutes walk to Thonglor BTS. Which makes it convenient for travelling around.
The staffs are friendly and helpful, the breakfast was pretty good too, even though the variety wasn't that much. The best thing about this hotel is that it is value for your money. Overall i enjoyed my stay here in Marriott 57.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kebenarans,

Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for your great feedback on TripAdvisor. I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very proud for my team that our hotel and services are beyond your expectation and we made you satisfied.

Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I Stayed There on 29 June 2013 with my family, It's my son's birthday.Checking in was a bit slow maybe because of new staff . Room-I Stayed on 23rd floor was beautiful with huge bathroom and
very nice view of Bangkok. Food was excellent !! Especially their buffet lunch. And another highlight was their Roof Top bar name " Octave Bar" locate on 45th floor and always pack of customers .Bar staff was very polite and helpful and of course their warm welcome smile Especially Aey(host person),...the manager( Indian guy) was prepare birthday cake for our son which we did not ask or requested --thank you--.Total was excellent experience for me and my family and thank for all of them for our good memories to stay in new Marriott Bangkok Sukhumvit..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jootim
Gerrit G, General Manager at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear jootim,

Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the room condition and faclilities, excellence food especially the buffet lunch, Octave Bar and level of service. your feedback not only endorse such belief, but is great testimony to our associates and will also serve and inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards for which we are renowed.

And I do apologies for the slow check-in process. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel and I regret that this was the case. The corrective measures and training session have been proceeded.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here in late June 2013 with my partner and child. The hotel is very new and all the furnishings are in excellent order.

The swimming pool allows a view of the city and a kiddie-pool is just beside the main pool. At the time of my visit, the children's playroom was not open yet.

We took breakfast at the lounge area and the service was excellent. However, the breakfast spread did not vary for the two days we were there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear whimsicalbuyer,

Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

It is great honor to us that you have stayed with us.

Thank you very much for your great feedback in regards the room furnishings, swimming pool, breakfast at lounge and service was excellence.

And I do apologize for the variety of breakfast spread did not meet with your expectation and the improvement is on proceeding now.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in near future.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I go to Bangkok a few times a year and usually stay at the Renaissance hotel (another Marriott property). I thought I would give the Sukhumvit Marriott a try since it is a brand new property and I always love the "newness" of new hotels. I have to agree with everyone else that the location is great. Just a short walk from the Sky Train and walking distance to night life. The rooms were new and upscale. My only problem was that none of the upgraded rooms were completed yet and so the only room they had available for me was a standard room. Also, while breakfast evening snacks in the concierge lounge were OK...they weren't up to the standards of the Renaissance. I was scheduled to stay for 6 nights, but as good as the property was, after one night I switched to the Renaissance. It is just a little more upscale and the suite that they give me at the Renaissance is much nicer than the standard room at the Marriott. Don't get me wrong....I highly recommend this property, the Renaissance is just a little more upscale.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cubfaninco
Dear cubfaninco,

Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback and I do apologize for the inconveniences. We are please to let you know that we delight to offer you to experience our club floor for your next visit.

Have a nice day.