Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit
Mandarin Oriental
$77
Priceline
2,721 results
All reviewsrooftop barthe executive loungethong lo stationthong lorgreat hotelcorner roombts stationcity viewinfinity poolhigh floorbreakfast buffetstreet foodoctavesukhumvittrainnubathtub
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is really very nice, and the staff are among the best I've encountered. I stayed in one of the serviced apartments at this brand new (not yet "Grand OPENING") property. There are some glitches yet to be figured out, but over all, the stay here was pleasant.

Positives: The staff are some of the most helpful and attentive I've encountered. They are very happy to show off their new hotel, you just have to ask!
The regular hotel rooms have a lot of natural light, and nice details. Very modern.
Love the tub with the view! Wish I would have taken a photo.
The four-level roof-top bar area is really lovely. A view to die for. 360 degree view from the soon-to-open sushi bar on the topmost floor. The already-open level ( maybe floor # 45) is open and ready to serve. Hoping to experience drinks/snacks here before leaving Bangkok.
The breakfast buffet is plentiful, with many international food items. Not as large as some other international buffets, but quite adequate. The juice bar is nice. Plenty of fruit/carrots to make your own juice concoction for breakfast. Eggs cooked to order.

Less than positive, but would not keep me from returning:
The apartment wing has rooms with very little natural light. Maybe I just got the "wrong" apartment! I have only two small windows. Having moved to this property from a place where I had an entire curved wall of windows, this Marriott apartment wing seems awfully dark to me.
I like having the washing machine, but there is no way to judge how long a load is going to take, as there is no timer. The dryer doesn't really "dry" so I prefer to hang things, but there are really no places to hang things to dry. No cupboard doors, no door knobs, only the one towel bar in the bathroom. A bit of an inconvenience.
For my taste, the location is a bit far out from where I like to be. Thank goodness the sky train is only minutes away.

I am glad I tried out this new hotel in Bangkok. Surprised to say that the hotel is pretty much at full occupancy, according to a desk clerk who showed me around. That is good, considering the Grand Opening of the hotel will not be until July! Must be some very special rates right now.....??

Pool, sauna, gym are adequate. I did not use any of these facilities, but did have a look.

If I return to this hotel, I will plan to stay in a regular room and not an apartment. I much prefer the large expanse of windows, and I would LOVE to try out the round tub with an amazing view of Bangkok!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother with an apartment as it really isn't that much more space than a regular room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sim C
Gerrit G, General Manager at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Carol,
Greetings from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit! Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

At Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrences. I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with the window of the room you were allocated. We would be more than happy to show alternative rooms and find the perfect room to suit your needs. Please let me know on your next stay if this is possible.

On a more positive note, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed every other aspect of your stay with us. I do therefore hope that you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

On our city tour through Asia in Bangkok, we spent 5 days. The Bangkok Marriott has opened its doors in Sukhumvit, until February 2013. The location was excellent for us as we have just done a great deal with the tram. The district offers many possibilities.

The Marriott is an oasis in a lively neighborhood. In the 7th Floor is the pool and spa area, where you relaxed in the water or in the lying area which can let your soul.

The rooms are very high standard and offer a high comfort of amenities. The bathrooms have natural light, next to a round bathtub overlooking the city has a large shower with a double vanity. The bathroom and the room is equipped with high-quality white marble, and has a separate toilet. It is interesting that you can open the bathroom to the room with an extra wide sliding door.

The house has a small coffee, and sweets are served by, as well as a full day buffet restaurant. A fish and steak restaurant located on the 1st Stock. The quality of food and service are excellent and both restaurants have due to the fair value for a very good level of supply also with local people.

The absolute hotspot is the Sky Bar in the 47th Floor. The view of the city is breathtaking, both during the day and evening. The Sky Bar is set over 3 floors with various bars and the appropriate lounge seating. A DJ makes music in the evening.

What amazed us as travelers, that the General Manager Mr. Gerrit Graef on all days was present in the hall and also took care of the concerns of the guests themselves. Chapeu!

All in all, this new hotel address in Bangkok offers more than one other city hotels we have previously visited.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in upper level.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Edelbert L

Dear Edelbert,

Thank you very much for taking time to write to us regarding your pleasant experience during your stay at the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit. We are delighted to learn that you were impressed with our services and facilities.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback regarding your stay. Being in the service industry, we believe in providing our guests the highest attention, and nothing makes us happier than confirmation of our guests’ satisfaction.

Once more, thank you for the great review. I, along with the entire Bangkok Marriott hotel Sukhumvit team look forward to host you again in the near future

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four nights and was delighted by the service and the ambiance. The hotel was open less than a month when I stayed and already the staff was up to the task. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and well trained. Some that I spoke to had been working at the hotel already two months before it opened. The neighborhood is quite nice but a bit far our from the business center and cultural center of Bangkok. With that said there is a BTS (sky train) station right outside the door and is only 6 stops to the city center. The pool and exercise facility on the 7th floor were very nice, especially the approximately 25 yard pool. The rooftop bar was not yet open but will be a huge hit as it has fantastic views of Bangkok in all directions. I had breakfast and a few lunches at the buffet restaurant. Very international with a natural trend toward Thai cuisine. Taxi to/from airport about 30 minutes/$10. Rooms were very comfortable and well apportioned. Easy to recommend this hotel for a stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear 49Bill,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and thank you taking the time to write a review.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests because our principal aim is provide you with the best of our attention for make your stay a memorable experience.

May I thank you, once again, for taking the time to write. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great location! Thong Lor BTS station is just two blocks straight out the front door.

Superb staff. From the the bell staff, front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant, all are top notch.

Executive room on the 24th floor was roomy and comfortable. No iPad/phone connections. Also room was missing any form of alarm clock. Probably a new hotel oversight. There was a hot pot for making coffee and tea, in addition to a plunger pot and coffee packet to make fresh coffee. Personally, I don't care for the plunger pot, just too messy for hotel use.

Beautiful infinity pool with a nice outside bar. Great fitness room.

Unfortunately, the Executive Lounge on the 40th floor was not yet open. The second floor resident lounge was being used as a substitute. I'm sure the 40th floor lounge will be up to the same standards of the rest of the hotel when it is open, however, the current lounge was uninviting. Evening happy hour was still offered in the lounge. The full restaurant buffet was offered in lieu of breakfast in the lounge.

The breakfast buffet was very nice. Large selection of western and Asian dishes, pastries, fresh fruit, juice and a juice bar offering beet, carrot juice and others.

I took advantage of the 1/2 price, introductory rate, so for my stay it was a great value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank BDavis206
Gerrit G, General Manager at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear BDavis206,

I am grateful for your comments as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service we are offering. Our Executive Lounge will be open in early MAY and we hope that we will have opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

On a more positive note, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed other aspect of your stay with us. I have conveyed your compliments to our team and they are very happy to have their efforts appreciated.

Thank you again for your feedback and I wish to personally welcome you back in the near future. I can assure you our ability to provide the service standard you should be expecting and to make your next stay the most memorable one.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit is Marriott’s latest property in Bangkok, having only officially opened middle of March (just in time for the Songkran, or Thai New Year holidays in April).

Its best asset is its propinquity to the Bangkok sky train system (the Thonglor station on the Sukhumvit line). Check-in was smooth, and the hotel fuses contemporary decor with Thai motifs. The elevators are a highlight, with touch-sensitive LCD screens that advertises various features of the hotels (including “Thailand’s color for the day” which varies with each day) where buttons are.

Guestrooms are comfortable with all the amenities one would expect of a five-star property, except for one important feature. There is no full-length mirror. Did the decorators forget this essential feature? Whether as a business or tourist hotel, most guests would want to do quick check of their attire before going out to their appointments of the day. Yet, this feature was sorely missing. The bathroom was curiously capacious, taking up almost a third of the room.

Service wise, as perhaps can be expected with a new hotel, staff knowledge was inconsistent. During breakfast in the all-day dinning restaurant, the breakfast menu never materialized despite repeated requests. At the third request, a menu was delivered, but it was the lunch and dinner menu. It was only then that the wait staff said that they did not have a menu dedicated to breakfast fare. Again, strangely lacking in a deluxe property.

And for the fitness enthusiast, the gym–which while serviceable, would benefit from more weight resistance equipment–is shut tight by 10pm despite it being advertised as a 24-hour facility. Guests have to go to the lobby on the ground floor (no phone was in sight to allow guests to call the front desk) to ask a staff to open the door to the gym. And when I did, one front desk staff exclaimed that I could have just used my key card to open the door, only to be corrected by her colleague that a key card reader has not been installed at the gym. Hopefully this was part of a teething process that will soon be sorted out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank sojourneys

Dear Sojourneys,

At Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your support and would like to thank you, once again, for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standards at our hotel.

Looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.