“Worst customer service in Bangkok!”
Review of Crystal Suites

Crystal Suites
Ranked #97 of 698 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed at this hotel last night. We paid on booking.com for a premier room and paid an extra $6 AUD for them to pick us up from the airport. We emailed them the day before our stay to tell them our flight number, times and names and asked if someone would be there to pick us up? We had no reply so emailed again asking if hey had received our email, as expected, no reply again. We boarded our plane, pretty sure no-one would be here to collect us when we landed, and we were right.
We had to pay, on top of the extra we had already paid for hem to pick us up, for a taxi to the hotel which cost us 400Baht with a tip.
When we arrived we weren't even greeted, the two lady staff on reception we're rude. When we told them that we had paid extra for a pick up and no-one came the girl half acknowledged our complaint, didn't say sorry, just walked away to check the computer. After 5 minutes of being left standing there she asked us to pay for the room, still not acknowledging our complaint or apologising. We again said we paid for a pickup and no one came, so on top we had to pay again for our own taxi, the girl rudely told us to get the email up on our phones, not bothering to check herself.
When we showed her she told us we should have contacted the hotel a minimum of 3 days before to book this service that we paid for. Well we only booked the room one night before so that was impossible and it didn't say that anywhere on booking.com so how were we to know!?
We said we would pay for the room but not the extra $6 for a pick up that we never received she said she could only give us $3! I was fuming this was our honeymoon I told her and they still hadn't even apologised and now we were expected to pay for a service we never received. I have never been angry with service in Thailand, I love the people but this was unacceptable!
I told her I was going to write a bad review on trip advisor and she didn't seem to care.
Room service finished at 10.30 and by the time we got up to our room it was 10.35, we had been travelling all day and hadn't ate dinner so the only option was to venture out in the dark to the family Mart and get some crisps and chocolate.
The following morning we did order room service breakfast and wish we hadn't. The breakfast of eggs, Ham and sausage was stone cold and I couldn't eat it.
If you want to pay well over the odds to stay in a hotel were the staff are rude and inconsiderate, not eat after you land from the airport and never leave your room then this is the hotel for you!
I have never in my life wrote a bad review on a hotel but this was beyond belief how rude the reception staff were to us. Customer service was non existent.
DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

2  Thank Sammy S
There are newer reviews for Crystal Suites

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here with my 3 children (age 8, 6 and 4) for 1 night only in 2 rooms. I had requested interconnecting ones over a month ago so that I could keep an eye on the children while asleep. On arrival I was told they didn't have any interconnecting rooms which was a big letdown. So we were put in two rooms next to each other. I then requested an extra key for their room as they would need their key in the room to operate the a/c, TV etc but I was told only one key per room. This meant that once the children were asleep I could only get into their room by calling reception and having a man meet me with the master key to enter. Quite ridiculous!. Rooms were spacious and large but in my room the toilet was blocked on arrival. It took them 6 hours to fix it. Throughout the night you could hear the lift pinging and people walking up and down the corridor. When new people arrived in the room to the other side of ours it woke us up. On top of all this there was an interconnecting door (locked) between the rooms. Breakfast was terrible. My 4 year old accidently broke a bowl at breakfast and they asked me to pay for it! Asked where the garden was that was in the photos and told it didn't exist. I wouldn't stay here again. Shuttle service to airport good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Pick up little long at airport but fast check In
Room ok and for the price super !! 50 usd. If you go yo Novotel it is 260 usd. Which we did too last year. So we know that we had a good deal for 12 h ! Go there and relax
Breakfast is ok too
Very good and cheap hotel
Service good like in Thailand. Very hard to understand them but who care ! We are here for one night !
Would come bAck

2  Thank THENAPOLI
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed at Crystal Suites for one night as we wanted to be close to airport during the shutdown on our way home from Krabi. We had a deluxe room and We squeezed a rollaway and baby cot into our room and it was tight but only one night so didn't bother us. We walked to the nearby Paseo shopping plaza for dinner and to get out. Breakfast was basic.
Rooms very clean and overall a great value option if you need to be close to the airport.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BeeBP99
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is located approx 5-10 min from BKK international airport. Within 5 mins you will find a mall with some decent restaurants. The hotel looks pretty new, room was ok and clean but lacks atmosphere though. Breakfast sufficient choice.
Good option for an airport stopover. Do not book the transfer from the airport, we waited 45 min before someone showed up. The return transfer was on time and smooth. Overall nothing special but good and decent and value for money.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed only one night in this hotel. What an experience that was! Booked this place directly on their website, picked deluxe room. Lobby looked impressive at first but then we were taken to our room. When you enter the room you get "hit in the face" with terrible damp smell. Place looked new but already tired and dirty. Smell of damp was so overwhelming that I had to investigate. Took the torch and looked around. Shortly I discovered fungus(see picture) growing on the floor!! then in the corner of the room, next to the bed found some little white bugs and maggots crawling from the crack in the floor. Immedietely requested room change. When I presented my find to one of the staff he simply giggled and started taking pictures with his phone?!?! After long wait we got another room which was dirty too but there was no visible "visitors" crawling around. However in the bathroom there was a hole under the bathtub which left us wondering what else can come out of there...Tub and screen were filthy and based on that we decided we were going to skip the shower that night!
Ended up "sleeping" with the bathroom door shut and light on.
In addition to all this we made a great mistake and ordered some food using their room service. Food arrived eventually and what can I say? It was veil and most likely off as it had weird taste to it. Decided to give it a miss and go to bed hungry.
I can not express enough how bad this place is. After closer look there is evidence of damp all over the hotel, including lobby (ceiling), corridor leading to restaurant had a massive hole in the ceiling.
Do I need to add more???
Stay away, don't get fooled by their pictures and some other reviews.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank barti25
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The hotel is very new with excellent quality rooms, comfortable beds, well appointed bathrooms and everything works. All the staff are very friendly and helpful, there is free WiFi and and regular airport shuttle that only takes 10-15 minutes even at busy times. The breakfast buffet is quite good with a selection of Western and Asian cuisine. This is a great alternative to staying at one of the hotel on the airport, much cheaper and there are many good local restaurants within a 5 minute taxi ride on Lat Krabang road.

2  Thank Ian C