Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams$17
StayForLong
1,168 results
All reviews train station hua lamphong g adventures hotel lobby is rooftop bar city view ground floor air con tuk tuk breakfast buffet is welcome drink chinatown reception elevator baht thai taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2019 via mobile

I was staying in Bangkok for a night (the evening of 22nd October) and decided to take advantage of the 50% off deal and booked a traditional Thai massage. I was welcomed by one of the reception staff who was very friendly and asked me to fill in a form. I hadn’t had a Thai massage before so was unsure what to expect. I was taken to the room and asked to change into the ‘Thai uniform’ of a tunic and trousers, and sit with my feet in a bowl of warm water. Surroundings were very clean and relaxing. My therapist was called Art and was very friendly and professional. He started by washing my feet before starting the massage, which felt similar to a personalised yoga workout / sports massage (no oil used). I felt pretty good after and went back to reception to fill in a feedback form. I was provided a cup of tea and some biscuits. It was at this point the woman I assumed was the reception manager demanded I complete a review on tripadvisor, in order to get the 50% off. I told her I didn’t have my phone with me and she informed me I’d have to go back to my room and bring it back so she could see me complete the review. I then asked if I could pay by card but was told ‘cash only’. When I told her I didn’t have cash on my, she snatched the phone and starting calling my room, so my husband could bring it up. It was 10pm at this point and I told her he was sleeping and not to call. She had already woken him up by this point. I went back to my room to get the cash and told her I would review the massage later.
Overall, spa was lovely, therapist and other staff were great but experience was ruined by the rude woman and I left feeling less than relaxed.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Louisa123456LL
Reviewed October 11, 2019

I must be clear as to why I have awarded 3 out of 5 before continuing my review. I have stayed in more than 100 hotels around the world, and this increases the scrutiny I must give each hotel as I travel. Some may believe this is unfair, however it is how I write my reviews.

I stayed with a G Adventures for one night at the start of my tour.

The reception staff were nice, and quite friendly. Sufficient but lacking in a few hospitality skills compared to the other hotel in Bangkok I have reviewed on TripAdvisor.

My room, situated on the 7th floor, has no window which is bothersome for many travellers based on my experience. I personally do not like this, as I do really love natural light during daylight hours. There are, however, rooms with windows in the hotel. Cleanliness was good in general.

Location is ok, with its “Prime” location being close to the train station. Distance to shops, good restaurants and tourist attractions being a touch far away based on my personal taste.

Breakfast is quite good, with a range of options to suit most travellers.

Personally, I would not choose this hotel for myself, but if I travel with G Adventures in the future, I would not be dreading coming to stay here.

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank j_travels_1999
Reviewed October 7, 2019 via mobile

I was part of a G Adventures tour that finished in Bangkok and we had one night booked at Prime Hotel. The hotel was lovely, spacious, clean and well decorated.

We had one night as part of the tour and then free time in Bangkok. Our room had no windows which is to be expected at some hotels across Asia. You can pay additional for a room with a window which was an option for us on the tour.

I took the opportunity to have a traditional Thai massage at the hotel at the Bamboo Spa which is located on the 14th floor.

I had Art as a therapist and it was brilliant, really enjoyed it. Asked for strong pressure and it was what I got. The hospitality and cleanliness of the Spa was brilliant. Would advise checking it out for some relaxation.

Overall a great stay in a great hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed October 2, 2019 via mobile

We have been in this hotel for just two days but we have nothing bad to say about it, everything perfect, they have furthermore a very good tour operator inside the hotel, we went a with Adam in a full day trip around the train market, the floating market and few more places around the city and it s been very nice.
The last day we had to take the flight early in the morning and they gave us the possibility to have the breakfast take away.
Amazing service.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lorenzoottaviani92
Front Office M, Front Office Manager at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2019

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us in your kind review. I was pleased to learn that the team was able to meet, or even exceed your expectations and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. At Prime Hotel, we strive to create memorable stays for all our guests and your kind comments are therefore very encouraging and much appreciated by all team members. We look forward to welcome you back soon on your next Bangkok trip!

Reviewed September 21, 2019

Pick this hotel because it was close to the train station. But found it very easy to walk to everything we wanted to see. Paid extra for a room with a window and a view of the train station. You can pay less and get a room without a window, but remember to always get what you pay for. We found the staff both friendly and helpful, used the tour service next to the reception for a day out. We booked ahead for a car and driver to meet us at the airport, very easy to find with directions from the hotel. I would recommend this hotel for an overnight or a few days in Bangkok. We ate both breakfast and had the buffet lunch.

Room tip: Pay the extra price and get a room with a window.
Date of stay: September 2019