Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
eDreams$17
1,168 results
All reviews train station hua lamphong g adventures hotel lobby is rooftop bar city view ground floor air con tuk tuk breakfast buffet is welcome drink chinatown reception elevator baht thai taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

Sited in front of railway Bangkok station. Extremely kind staff. Hotel lobby is at 12th floor and rooms from 6 to 11 floor. Room with or without window (cheaper). Without window sort of oppression feeling. Very good breakfast. Very good price. Nice view from the lobby (see my picture) Recommended.

2  Thank robertobaroncelli
Reviewed August 23, 2019

This hotel is located across from a big train station, which is useful if that's your mode of transport, but otherwise not very pleasant for a leisurely stroll to check out the area (unlike most areas of Bangkok I've checked out). The lobby is definitely the best maintained area of the hotel as the hallways and rooms could do with a lick of paint and some maintenance.

The rooms themselves are clean enough, but the smell from my bathroom was almost unbearable whenever the shower ran for more than a few seconds. Problematic when the exhaust and ventilation system was almost non-existent.

The gym is small, but definitely at least usable and there's a pleasant area outside the lobby (bizarrely on the 12th floor) to sit and have a drink. On that note, you have to go through the lobby every time you want to come or go as the elevators from ground floor don't go directly to the hotel levels. Two very slow elevators + lots of hotel guests coming and going... you do the maths.

Not the worst place I've stayed, but all the inconveniences made it not worthwhile for me. At least the buffet breakfast had a decent amount of variety when staff managed to keep up with restocking the food.

1  Thank 648ktn
Reviewed August 22, 2019

We stayed here as part of a G Adventures tour. It seemed to be the starting point for a lot of the tours as it was busy with large groups. It’s a very clean and respectable hotel with a fantastic viewpoint. The service was good and the breakfast was outstanding. The only issue was when staying here was that there were no windows in our rooms which made it feel very close and dinghy.

2  Thank sunshinesally328
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

Dear Reader,

This is a fine hotel.
We booked our first night here.
Everything was fine.
As we were with a family we had 2 rooms .
They let us check inn earlier.
Beds are bit hard.
The reason i dont give them full points is that prices for beverages are a bit high.

Shower is good.
Location is next to the Underground.

Martijn

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank martijnverk
Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

So this is not the worst hotel, but there were a few things that added up that dropped a few stars for me.

Things that I liked:
The gym - great little gym, it out quite hard to find a usable gym in a hotel in bkk that is also affordable. The main reason we chose this place was for the gym.
The staff - friendly and welcoming
The breakfast - really well put together breakfast and changes daily.
The room - very nice room and comfortable, beds just a little to hard for me but my partner liked it.

Things I didn't like:
The location - it is really not close to anything, the thing I like about bkk is how much food there is around and laundry services etc, this place is far away from these novelties plus the train line is a little awkward and not the main line. Cost you about 200B to get to the pratanum markets by tuk tuk.
The Hotel - the hallways are in desperate need of renovation, a bit smelly and ratty. (The rooms are well cleaned but the hallways needed a vacuum)
The water - the water from the shower smells really bad.
The Complimentary Drink - ok, this annoyed me massively, I was going to give a 3.5 as the rating on this review, however when we went to collect our complimentary drink at the bar,.. it was a soft drink... I don't like being tricked, especially with how cheap alcohol is here in Thailand.

It's not the worst hotel, and had some good points, but if you want to experience bkk, you need to stay somewhere mitre central.

2  Thank shauns132