“Heritage with Modern facilities”

Hua Chang Heritage Hotel
Ranked #142 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Heritage with Modern facilities”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed at the hotel from 11 - 15 April 2013. Room = Twin Deluxe Room

Location:
The hotel was closer to MBK & Siam Square area than I first thought. To walk to MBK is about 5 mins. And across to MBK there are the Siam Discovery Centre, Siam Centre, Siam Paragon & Siam Square. The hotel is in between 2 BTS station i.e. National Stadium & Ratchathewi. Both stations are a short walk.

If going to the weekend market (Chatuchak Market), you can walk to Ratchathewi Station to take the direct train.
If going to Pratunam area or Central World, I would suggest to take the local ferry. The small jetty is just about 2 - 3 mins walk from the hotel. It costs 10 baht per ride and it by-pass all the traffic jam. Do ask the hotel for direction as it is quite hidden and operating hours.

Hotel Service:
During check-in, I was offered a welcome drink (Beal fruit tea) and after providing booking info, the bulter showed us to the room and to complete the rest of the check-in in the room. I was surprised when I reached the room as they have cool the room for our arrival and welcome towel-folded elephant. She also demostrated how to use the various equipments in the room. Fruits, newspapers & turn-down service with nite sweets are provided daily.

Breakfast was also provided at Miss Siam Restuarant. A little disappointed with the food. On the 1st day, we could see ants in the cereals we took. The next day they shifted the cereal jar and it was okay. Most of the service staff are friendly except one lady.

Hotel Room:
Room is very well equiped. There are no light switches and individual switches are all controlled via a touch screen beside the bed. Bed is very comfortable and the hotel provided many pillows with I love. The room also has multi plugs sockets which is good for travellers from different countries. Bath room is spacious as they have combined the woredrode with the bath room. The toilet also has bidet. And we were happy to see they provide luxurious toiletries. There is flat screen TV & DVD/Blue Ray player (BYO discs).

As the hotel is a boutique hotel and not tall, and, it is facing the road, hence, you will get to hear the traffic. There are no view really. My room was facing the side of a office building on the 4th floor. Another improvement for the hotel is they may want to consider providing umbrellas as it was raining when I stayed and they do not have umbrellas to loan.

Hotel Amenities:
The hotel has a small pool. Maybe good for a dip and lazing but not for lap swimming. There are no nearby convenient stores. But there are supermarkets at MBK & Siam Paragon. On the way to MBK, I found a seemingly good money changer. The free Wifi is definitely a plus.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and it would recommend to travellers would like to experience heritage Bangkok at a reasonable price and excellant service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Fabby88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 21, 2013

What an incredible fine at an extraordinary price in the heart of Bangkok!

From the Chic decor to the extremely customer focused staff to the exceptional food --- not one thing missing at this hotel.

This will be my home away from home....you won't be sorry!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank twill95966
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

THE HOTEL:
I arrived to the hotel after midnight and stayed for 7 days. I chose a pre-arranged limo/car-hire service to transport me from the airport to the hotel. Once I got checked-in, I was escorted up to my magnificent room. It was efficient in layout and beautifully "pink" room and clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept very well during my stay. The room has all of the standard amenities you may need. I felt like a princess.

THE STAFF:
They were all very kind and polite. I received a genuine interest and greetings during my coming/going during my stay. They assisted me in making dinner reservations, spa treatments etc. Also when I needed a taxi, they ensured the driver knew where I needed to go and made sure he turned the meter on.

THE LOCATION: Hotel is perfectly situated near the BTS [National Stadium, Siam] and major shopping malls, all in walking distance. I was able to travel all over the city with no problems.

THE VERDICT: I would definitely stay at the Hua Chang Heritage again, if I were to return to Bangkok.

MINOR IMPROVEMENTS (in my opinion):
When I lay out by a pool, I standardly want to enjoy snacks and cocktails poolside. It may have been off season but I did not see a poolside bartender or server with a menu during my stay. No one came by to offer and I certainly didn't feel like getting up to go hunt down a frozen margarita. Not a major flaw as I ended up saving my money on food & beverage charges.

While the pool area does encounter some road noise from the street, if I had my ipod and a few beverages, it would not be a huge issue for me at all.

Room Tip: Tips: The hotel offers car/limo service from the airport directly to the hotel. Use it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank cookieintx
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a great hotel in a great location. The rooms are fantastic and ultra modern. Not only do they have a great concept but the staff were very accommodating and helpful with everything we asked.
The pool area is beautiful but unfortunately suffers from some road noise from the adjacent road. Personally this is not an issue for me. The breakfast is good with eggs made to order.
In all, I highly recommend this property.. it’s beautiful, great location and a fantastic touch to any Thai holiday.

Room Tip: Garden views are nicest
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank B787skipper
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This newly opened hotel surprised me!! It's location is prime, just few steps to the Siam Square and Siam Paragon. Staff are professional and helpful.
Rooms are with hip design and spacious. Definitely worth the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank waikii
HCH1101, General Manager at Hua Chang Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your very good comment we are more than happy to welcome you to Hua Chang Heritage Hotel once again.

Sammy Sasaki
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've just spent 2 weeks in Koh Samui and on our way back to SA. We found Hua Chang hotel, amongst a few other great competitors on the Agoda sight and decided to go for this hotel due to its GREAT LOCATION and beautiful pictures. It was definitely a chance we took, as it's a very new hotel. We were breathless from the very first step through the door, to our amazing room, to breakfast the next morning and they even agreed for us to make use of their outside facilities and locker rooms the next day, as our flight was only for 01:00 the next morning. At other hotels in the area, they would charge you a full extra night. The room was amazing. Best hotel decor I've EVER seen and the service is incredible. Although we only stayed there for one night, it's amazing how they were able to 'WOW' us in such a short period. Definitely five star and I would stay there again any time!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Marinda38
Your is valuable and inspired our team, Thank you very much for your kind support us.

Sammy Sasaki
Jonkoping, Sweden
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is the first time at a five star hotel. We thought that the pictures on internet looked great of the place, before we had booked a room. We booked the room at arrival, while coming in to the lobby we were amazed immediately. Everything looked so modern and fresh, like brand new. It was a wow all the way up to our room. There came the smile from ear to ear, it was gorgeus, modern but still little bit traditional. The location is great with its closeness to the centre, like MBK, Siam Paragon etc.

We loved the place, the style and the staff was great also. But just a few things could be better, the pool is a bit tiny, there was no balcony at the room and also for us who like to stay in the sun, there is not sunlight to sit or lay in on the afternoon. They have built the hotel in such way the sun disappear over the roof later on the day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family