“Amazing meal!”

Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Khlong Toei Nuea
Neighborhood: Khlong Toei Nuea
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

I’m Korean and after a week of Thai food for every meal, I was craving some good korean food. Living in LA with a koreatown that has food that rivals Korea, I have to say that I have a pretty high bar for Korean food.

I ordered the Saam meal after looking at the pictures and it was superb. The leafy greens were extremely plentiful (I took a horrible picture that didn’t have all the veggies in it - sorry!) with about 4 different varieties including steamed cabbage. They also served cucumbers, sliced garlic, sliced jalapeño, and daikon. It also came with deonjang jjigae, grilled mackerel, and spicy pork. The spicy pork was the only thing that was “just ok” - everything else amazing! The saamjang was hot and bursting with deonjang flavor. I’m telling you- they did an amazing job with this meal. It wasn’t just “good for Korean food in Thailand”. It was good - period.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank suemintravels
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed May 12, 2018

Ate here, a few things:

1. The food was great, in a nice setting
2. The price was extremely reasonable
3. The staff was amazing

It was raining very hard this particular night and neither I or my girlfriend had umbrellas available--the staff offered to let us use theirs to return them later. Some good people here, definitely will return.

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank R B
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

Great service with friendly and engaging staff.
We ordered 3 plates to share and these were served with an array of side dishes including kimchi, black beans, greens with sesame and a salad with rice vinegar dressing.
Steamed skate wings with a fresh chilli sauce were perfect for lunch.
Odd location on the second floor of an indistinct building, but the airconditioni ng, cleanliness and most importantly the food made up for it.
Excellent.

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank nich360
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

we visited this restaurant because of its good ratings on tripadvisor and we agree, this place is super yummy and definitely worth checking out!!! we love korean food and that was one of the best we had so far. the ambience was not thrilling, I admit, but the people were very kind and the food made up for it. I wish we could go there again but we're leaving town tomorrow...

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank Ozzie6565
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

Wow this gem of a restaurant is such a delight for korean food lovers . Top class service and very clean and nice ambience for everyone. Most important for me so many side dishes (ban cha) served. In my 2 days trip to bangkok went for 2 meals and looking forward to visit here on every trip to bangkok. Big Ghamsamida to the staff there

Date of visit: January 2017