“Exceedingly good!”

Ranked #120 of 10,959 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: We Are Looking Forward Seeing You Again Recently Re-Furbished in a Major Way. I Promise You All Considerable Amount of Thought And Skill Was Initiated to Make Chef Bar an Even Better Experience ! Our Small Team Welcome You To Chef Bar to Experience International Comfort Cuisine Sourced and Prepared By Chef Roland who has Over 40years International Culinary Experience.Chef Roland's Concept is to Control The Transition from Ingredients to the Finished Dish By: Sourcing Only the Best Products Available.All Raw Meat is In House Ground or Cut. Blends His Own Concoctions of Sauces, Salt, Seasonings. Hand Cut Chips and Mashed Potatoes are prepared fresh Daily.Please Take a Look at Our Specials that are Always Imaginative with locally and Imported Quality Ingredients. Also Chef Roland Personally Has SelectedInteresting Craft Beers From All Over the World.
“Exceedingly good!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

After walking past 3 or 4 times we eventually found this tiny little eatery, opposite the Prasarnmit Plaza, with a pub to the left of it. (It has a light blue sign above it). After researching on TA we decided on this place for my birthday meal as we were on a budget but wanted something unique that we hadn't tried before. We both had the Wagyu Beef burger specials (one with smoked poached lambs liver and smoked jalepeno jam and one with wild mushroom and goat's cheese) My partner was a bit dubious about the lambs liver but Chef Roland managed to talk him into it and he thoroughly enjoyed it! The only downside of eating here is that now i've tasted Wagyu beef and other beef burger is not going to suffice!
Chef Roland's passion for what he does is something to be marvelled and if we could bottle it and give it to other burger joints, a bad burger would be hard to find!
It's safe to say we will definitely be going back and might even save some money and order one of the special steaks for next time we go.
Thanks Chef Roland, see you soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Wow!!!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great food, great service, we had an excellent time here. I recommend this place highly for dinner. If you want yummy modern cuisine come here. Very interesting food and restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Bangkok
“Seriously tasty and highly recommended”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed every meal in Chef bar. The story behind every dish is amazing and the chefs passion for cooking has come through in what is a short but very tasty menu. I highly recommend....everything to be honest, it's all good. Highly recommended

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank WebCoursesBangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Having lived in Australia before, I have always craved for its food. Of course, that's not easy to find here in Bangkok, especially one that's reasonably priced. Chef Bar has fulfilled my craving for this cuisine. We ordered a meat pie and a lamb sausage roll (served with homemade tomato sauce and a mix of sour cream and sweet chili sauce (I think)), and they were beautifully presented, with great taste from quality ingredients to match—an excellent interpretation of these Australian comfort foods indeed! To top everything off, we ended with a salted caramel and chocolate tart which was quite rich and went well with the accompanying ice cream and berries. Highly recommended, and, being not too far from MRT/BTS, that's a big plus!

1 Thank Prin_S123
Los Angeles, California
“A must visit!!! Best burger in Bangkok!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have been to Chef Bar three times now and have come to the conclusion that Chef Roland makes the best burgers and steaks in Bangkok. The restaurant is tiny, maybe seats 14 but sometimes good things come in small packages and this is the case with Chef Bar.

The food here is simply sublime. The wagyu beef burgers are seasoned and cooked to perfection. The buns that Roland uses are fantastic. His home made french fries seasoned with paprika are some of best I've ever had and his home made ketchup has a nice tangy kick to it. The burgers here are not just " ehh it's good for Bangkok". Roland's burgers stack up against some of the best burgers I've ever had!!

My last visit I finally ordered a steak. I got the wagyu rump steak cooked medium rare and it was delicious, The sauce that Roland makes to go with the steak is mouth watering delicious, in fact it's 'licking the plate clean delicious'.

I can't rave about this restaurant enough. JUST GO. And when you go, strike up a conversation with Chef Roland. He is very friendly and the lay out of the open kitchen allows him to engage his costumers while he is cooking your meal. Hopefully I'll be able to go to Chef Bar a few more times before I leave Thailand in a month.