“SURPRISING LITTLE PEARL IN BKK”

Mazzaro Boutique and Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 10,686 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, European, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Sample our unique modern contemporary cuisine, blend of Thai and Italian dishes. Immerse yourself in the stylish and friendly atmosphere of this family owned boutique and restaurant. While waiting for the food, feel free to browse our stunning range of exquisite hand-made clothes and stylish accessories.
Porto, Portugal
“SURPRISING LITTLE PEARL IN BKK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I found this place with my friend by pure luck.
We stayed in the Shangri-la hotel, and decided to walk around for a little while. We passed this place, and decided to go in for a cold beer. Excellent option, I must say. We came back a few times more, during the week we stayed there, having great meals.

This is what I think:

POSITIVE POINTS:
This is a small restaurant, but it is extremely well kept, and immaculately clean. The décor is really inviting and warm… making you feel as if you were at a friend’s place.

The staff is amazing, and they are very attentive to your requirements. Coming back for the second and third time, we were treated as regulars… with big smiles and a pleasant welcome.

OK… so this is a restaurant… and the food does NOT disappoint. The choices are Italian based and also Thai based dished... some strange but unexpected tasty fusion between the two as well.. We had all options during the days we went there, and whatever we chose… came to our table perfectly prepared, and very… very tasty.

This was all washed down with a nice bottle of Argentinean. I must say, that they have a very decent selection of wines from various regions in the world at very reasonable prices.

As to the pricing in this place, I would consider it on the cheaper side. Two of us ate for an average of about 15 to 20 Euros each, including full meal, a shared bottle of wine, desert and expresso coffee. For the quality received… this was REALLY more than fair.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
A little difficult to find, if you are not in the area… but well worth coming here, if you are in this area. This is not a negative point… but as I could not find anything else to mention… 

SUMMING UP:
I thoroughly enjoyed myself in this little restaurant… so much so, that I came back time and time again. YES!!! I will come back to this place next time I am in town… since besides and food and the restaurant, we made friends with the people working there.

To be completely honest with you… I would add, that this is a nice place to go to, and worth the experience… but if you are on the other side of town, I am sure that there are dozens of other little gems like this one in Bangkok. I was just lucky to find THIS pearl. Maybe you can find your own as well

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hereford, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Not far from Chinatown down a side street what a marvelous little find this place is.
Day five in Bangkok for me and I have had some poor and some very average meals, and lets not mention the service in some of those places. It was a terrific breath of fresh air to find Mazzaro.
One could quite easily miss it, my advice is to seek it out.
Friendly service with a smile, which is all too rare in some of the bigger eateries around here.
I started with Crab Spring Rolls. Possibly the best spring rolls I have ever had, certainly in the top three. Unusually thin but crisp, fresh and very tasty. Followed by a fan-bloody-tastic Pad Thia.
As I'm only here for week I tend to try and eat in as many different places as possible. When it comes to Mazzaro I think I will be making an exception.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dave H
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very Nice, a quality Italian Red Sauce In Asia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Place was nice, low key yet cool. Food was good and not expensive at all for drinks app and main course for two 1200 Bhat including service charge.

Pasta was good and service was great. Catering to tourists or not there seemed to be expats, middle class locals and tourists there so I wouldn't say its only for tourists at all. More like a place where a local might go for something different. After all the prices aren't all that might higher than a non street type restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Beijing
“Great food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Modern restaurant. Every dish we ordered was good. Service exceeded expectations. Caters to tourists so if you are looking for a real "local" experience this might not be for you. Overall we had a very enjoyable visit.

• Visited April 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Location from our hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We shared several drinks and snacks here....one girl ordered the soup and loved it. Go for it! Might be out of the way to go far to eat there, but we stayed across the street at the Bossotel so it was perfect!

• Visited April 2014