“Great selection of meats!!”

King Kong Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #1,260 of 14,178 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Khlong Ton Sai
Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile

We stopped in here one afternoon not knowing what kind of restaurant this was. I've never eaten at a place like this but I was very delighted. I the meats and foods tasted amazing. However, because of a language barrier no one explained the menu to us. We could of enjoyed eating other items for free but no one explained anything to us. They just assumed we've been to this type of restaurant. I will defiantly go again but I hope they work on their customer service.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

This is a really good place fir you if you love meat grilling in Japanese style. You can choose from all kinds of pork and beef. There are also salmon, mussels, and shrimps. It's 590 per person all you can eat for 2 hours.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Sarit S
Reviewed October 2, 2015 via mobile

Except the slow and reluctant service, everything especially the food were fantastic and super fresh. They even had the best Thai milk tea I've ever had !

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed February 10, 2015

This was recommended by a friend from Singapore and another for Taiwan to ask me to check out the place. I will have to say the variety of the food is quite fine and for the price I am paying for is quite value for money. However as for the taste and freshness, I think it falls a little short. I didnt like the prawns as I am a great lover for seafood so I would know if the items is fresh or not. As for the meat I think the cut is rather thin and if you want something that is more rare is rather difficult.

Overall experience is fine but once is enough. Dont think will visit again .

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed February 8, 2015

I visited the Ploenchit restaurant.

Location: Fairly easy to reach, within walking distance from Chitlom BTS Station. GPS on google maps is accurate for my experience. It is located off the main road, so eating in the restaurant is comfortable.

Service: The service is reasonable, with the staff able to speak simple English. The food arrive fast, and the staff also assisted to cleared finished plates and refilled drinks without much prompting. They don't really smile much though.

Food: Meat lovers, this buffet is for you. The amount of choices can be improved, however the quality of what is on the menu is fresh and good. The BBQ uses charcoal, which is fantastic! The heat can be controlled by a dial located on the side, which I believe is the speed of a fan below the charcoal. For 530 Baht, it is a tad on the pricey side.

Recommended if enjoy BBQ buffets.

Date of visit: February 2015